2017 3* Juco TE Salvatore "Sal" Cannella commits to AU!!!

ellitor

2 hours ago, DAG said:

I wish we could really get him and the big WR commit from LSU..

I'd be just as happy with Tarik Black TBH.

• Like 1

FWIW. Link

But IMO, Salvatore Cannella is probably the biggest TE target for Auburn now.

And I think at this time Auburn will land him.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, aufootball1 said:

With a Great QB commit,,, these receivers should be umping on board!  

We will pick up TE Cannella this tomorrow!!!

Don't be so sure of that Texas blew him away on his OV there too.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Most likely. Kinda hard to sell a TE in this O with our lack of history using TEs

Ah, but is it worse than a perennial dumpster fire that is breaking in a new coaching regime?

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

Ah, but is it worse than a perennial dumpster fire that is breaking in a new coaching regime?

Yes.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Compare Tx facilities to ours and you can see why he could be blown away. We are starting to fall behind the big boys and some of the small boys imo. 

Risking thread derailment: what do we need to upgrade to keep up?

27 minutes ago, fredst said:

Risking thread derailment: what do we need to upgrade to keep up?

It's mostly the wow factors that recruits look for that we don't have. We have good facilities just not a BOOM wow look at what they have. Like you said don't want to derail thread maybe someone could start a thread hummmmmmmmmmm

From 2015 you'll see Tx in the top 25

http://247sports.com/Gallery/Photos-Ranking-the-Top-25-facilities-in-college-football-2015-420151BOO09

Understood. Didn't open link but I have to admit the pics of the stuff at Bama and Oregon that I saw a year or two ago were impressive. I know it would have made a big impression on me as an 18-21 year old... Or, heck, as a 50 year old, lol.

5 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Compare Tx facilities to ours and you can see why he could be blown away. We are starting to fall behind the big boys and some of the small boys imo. 

but JAR JAR said WAIT! what about the JAYtron?! Yah its a sad reality how bad they have left our beloved JHS get. It needs major renovations and a face lift. Our football ops building is pathetic. College football you got to spend money to make money. this aesthetic crap matters. Fact our basketball facilities are head and shoulders above our football facilities at this point.

Edited by GwillMac6

back to the TE when people felt good about him and he still had a texas official to go there is no way anyone should of felt so confident. Herman just comes across as a elite recruiter who will get any guy he wants and get texas back to locking down the state and getting who they want. Since we do not recruit out there often this will just hurt lsu and TAMU more than anyone. I am not suprised he was blown away at Austin. incredible campus and town. easy to get star struck there.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

back to the TE when people felt good about him and he still had a texas official to go there is no way anyone should of felt so confident. Herman just comes across as a elite recruiter who will get any guy he wants and get texas back to locking down the state and getting who they want. Since we do not recruit out there often this will just hurt lsu and TAMU more than anyone. I am not suprised he was blown away at Austin. incredible campus and town. easy to get star struck there.

Their campus sucks!  Dirty and outdated is putting it nicely. Also, have you ever tried to get around in Austin? Getting anywhere is a pain and downtown is even worse. Very poorly planned city.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bigbird said:

Most likely. Kinda hard to sell a TE in this O with our lack of history using TEs

Herman did not do much better last year at Houston FWIW.

13 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

FJJ