2017 3* Juco TE Salvatore "Sal" Cannella commits to AU!!!

ellitor

9 minutes ago, aufootball1 said:

24/7 is looking at (3)? possible JUCO's commiting today??????   Who are they? (besides TE Cannella)

No. Just 3 possible commitments. 1 is a juco. Cannella. The other 2 are high school kids. Tarik Black & CJ Avery. We can go anywhere from 2 out of 3 to striking out.

Just now, ellitor said:

No. Just 3 possible commitments. 1 is a juco. Cannella. The other 2 are high school kids. Tarik Black & CJ Avery. We can go anywhere from 2 out of 3 to striking out.

Gotcha! Thanks for clearing that up for me @ellitor WDE

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

A new AD.

Agree completely. At the risk of further derailment: I think we will continue to lag behind as long as Jay Doofus is running the show. Making money not the problem for him; having the good sense/wisdom about how best to use it seems to be.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Their campus sucks!  Dirty and outdated is putting it nicely. Also, have you ever tried to get around in Austin? Getting anywhere is a pain and downtown is even worse. Very poorly planned city.

Austin is a victim of it's own hype.  It became the "cool place to live" and outgrew itself to the point where it's not worth the effort.

• Like 1

• ellitor featured and pinned this topic

Here's hoping we actually utilize him properly, particularly in the red zone. I miss having a receiving threat at tight end.

• Like 8

Guess coaches that don't use their tight ends do trump perennial dumpster fire programs who are breaking in a new staff.  

War Eagle! 

Side comment... does he really play for the Fighting Artichokes???

Edited by lionheartkc
  • Like 3

Should of read through this before I commented

On 12/10/2016 at 10:55 PM, ClaytonAU said:

Future commit 

Great call

19 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Compare Tx facilities to ours and you can see why he could be blown away. We are starting to fall behind the big boys and some of the small boys imo. 

We really are. I've seen quite a few stadiums throughout the country. We had top notch facilities in the 90s, but haven't made much progress since. And with things like this,  it's like walking up down going escalators. There is no standing still. You are either moving forward or falling behind. 

18 hours ago, fredst said:

Understood. Didn't open link but I have to admit the pics of the stuff at Bama and Oregon that I saw a year or two ago were impressive. I know it would have made a big impression on me as an 18-21 year old... Or, heck, as a 50 year old, lol.

To most big time recruits, they HAVE to sell those extra things. Because 9 months of the year it's always raining and about 40°. 

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

A new AD.

Couldn't of said it better myself. Hopefully the new president will care about athletics a bit more than our outgoing president, and will want their own guy running that side of things. 

37 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Too bad the image didn't post. 

How many guys will we have wanting #3 next season? 

SC posts a pic of him wearing #3. JS does the same. And NCM is currently wearing #3. That's gonna get interesting. 

I understand this kid is great, but I thought Jalen Harris was going to be the next great TE at AU.  If they are going to use this kid, then why wouldn't they use Harris?

Either way, great to have another excited recruit.  Welcome Mr Cannella.

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Guess coaches that don't use their tight ends do trump perennial dumpster fire programs who are breaking in a new staff.  

War Eagle! 

Side comment... does he really play for the Fighting Artichokes???

:bow:  whodathunkit

7 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

I understand this kid is great, but I thought Jalen Harris was going to be the next great TE at AU.  If they are going to use this kid, then why wouldn't they use Harris?

Either way, great to have another excited recruit.  Welcome Mr Cannella.

I dont ever remember Harris being held in that regard. Harris didnt even have great stats in high school from what i remember but he has the size to develope over time, hopefully. Maybe you're thinking of Landon Rice maybe?

1 hour ago, kd4au said:

Great pick up, now lets get CJ Avery on board and call it a very good day.

Don't count on it.

45 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

How many guys will we have wanting #3 next season? 

SC posts a pic of him wearing #3. JS does the same. And NCM is currently wearing #3. That's gonna get interesting. 

If I had to guess, I'd say Stidham will wear #3 if he wants it, and they'll convince NCM to switch to a normal wide receiver number the same way Kyle Davis switched from #11 to #86 during the season.

2 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Awesome. If we take advantage of his skill set and don't try to transform him into Jay Prosch,  he could be a monster mismatch against opposing LBs

We are recruiting other players for that role.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1