2017 3* Juco TE Salvatore "Sal" Cannella commits to AU!!!

ellitor

48 minutes ago, ellitor said:

with the hair he has he should have the attitude to block well...

679218_cb887c038f5e40eb9a1b86e4a2f44a01.

Well if football does not work out I heard Fabbio is retiring. Welcome Sal WDE

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUGoo said:

He must have seen our TE passing highlight this year?

They kept showing him the same one from every camera angle in the stadium on an endless loop.

Edited by The Freak
  • Like 2

That dude is gonna kill it at Auburn. Those coeds would to line up just to braid his hair for the game for Pete's sake...he is a fortunate young man.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Your post with the original tweet did. But I don't see it posted on my quote to you. Is this a setting that I need to change? 

I think embedded media does not show up in quotes. IDK.

He is a big dude that can help our offense with an added dimension that we do not have. I hated to see the young man from last year having to leave the team. I think we will see him blocking 70% of the time. However, that 30% could see him catching passes and giving us another offensive weapon that we do not currently have.

I wish you well and hope that you will scare the crap out of defenses that try to cover him!

WDE & WDC

1 minute ago, doc4aday said:

He is a big dude that can help our offense with an added dimension that we do not have. I hated to see the young man from last year having to leave the team. I think we will see him blocking 70% of the time. However, that 30% could see him catching passes and giving us another offensive weapon that we do not currently have.

I wish you well and hope that you will scare the crap out of defenses that try to cover him!

WDE & WDC

If he is blocking 70% of the time he needs to get quite a bit bigger than 230 lbs.

• Like 1

Just now, ellitor said:

If he is blocking 70% of the time he needs to get quite a bit bigger than 230 lbs.

I know you have a much better idea of how recruits are utilized. What is your take on him? If  he does a lot of blocking, he should put on at least 20-30 pounds of muscle. Getting around 250-275 lbs. would be an idea weight. Where do you see him with regard to a good size to block and catch passes here and there?

Thanks! & WDE & WDC

5 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I know you have a much better idea of how recruits are utilized. What is your take on him? If  he does a lot of blocking, he should put on at least 20-30 pounds of muscle. Getting around 250-275 lbs. would be an idea weight. Where do you see him with regard to a good size to block and catch passes here and there?

Thanks! & WDE & WDC

about 245-250. Any more than that and he could loose some of his very good athleticism. But he is 6'6 so he may be able to put on more than that and play at a high level.

Whatever size he ends up I hope our utilization is such that we don't give away our plays just by the personnel groupings we have in.... Like we've tended to do the past 2-3 years :-\

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, StuBob said:

That pic...thought I was looking at Nicholas Cage from Raising Arizona!

Maybe its really Junior.............................lets see how many get it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fredst said:

Whatever size he ends up I hope our utilization is such that we don't give away our plays just by the personnel groupings we have in.... Like we've tended to do the past 2-3 years :-\

They still have to stop it even if they know it's coming. A 6'6 pass catching TE is a tough match up for most LBs and Nickels.

• Like 1

I'll be the third to mention it......"Fighting Artichokes"???? They look at football different out there. :)

Welcome, big fella. You are an important addition to the Auburn team!

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

They still have to stop it even if they know it's coming. A 6'6 pass catching TE is a tough match up for most LBs and Nickels.

Especially if he has good speed and athleticism.  Maybe add ten more pounds to help block OLBs and Strong safetys but don't want any loss of speed.  This guy can be a weapon.  Certainly looks the part.

12 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Thanks! & WDE & WDC

Gus Will make him gain 90 lbs and be a tackle