2017 3* Juco TE Salvatore "Sal" Cannella commits to AU!!!

ellitor

7 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Well I'm always a guy who says "work with what ya got" lol, our TE's only catch in 2 years was on a gadget play that started out in the Cox cat, that to me is concerning. Harris is still athletic, he could've been molding into something other than one catch for 15 yards in 2 seasons. Especially considering with Laye's transfer and the Rice deal, he's really been the only TE on the roster in his time here. This is just my opinion though. Sal brings me hope however, he's one of the more athletic TE's we will have had under Gus.

yea... I think it's very much a chicken and egg thing. Do we not have TEs because we don't use them or do we not use them because we don't have them? I always look back to "touchdown machine" Lutz. Gus used the heck out of him in all the right places. No Lutz, no crystal ball.

That leads me to believe that Harris just isn't someone Gus feels like he can rely on consistently.

Edited by lionheartkc
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

yea... I think it's very much a chicken and egg thing. Do we not have TEs because we don't use them or do we not use them because we don't have them? I always look back to "touchdown machine" Lutz. Gus used the heck out of him in all the right places. No Lutz, no crystal ball.

We're one the same page forsure with that Lion! My whole point was  value of TE's to a team. However Uzomah was seen as under utilized by a lot of people, and then the lack of a TE the last 2 seasons has been frustrating forsure. My personal opinion is that we coulda come up with something but that's just me. Lol

Edited by Maverick.AU

3 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

In the last 2 seasons we have 1 catch for 15 yards by a true TE.

Although that was a catch by a guy that plays TE it was from basically the tackle eligible type deal from a heavy set with him lining up in the LT spot but he wasn't covered so he was eligible.

I'd like to know how many completions we have had in the last 4 years to a guy lined up in the TE spot (i.e. hand on the ground and 3rd guy from the center on one side of the ball?  I'd bet most of Uzomah's catches were from H-back type alignments or split out in the slot.  I'd guess less than 10 came from a true TE stance, but I have no idea - just feels that way.