Kiffin off to Houston (Update: 12/9/16 Did not happen)

Charleston Tiger

USA Today has Kiffin heading to Houston... really hoping that Saban doesn't pull a Briles over now... That could REALLY screw us.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/aac/2016/12/08/lane-kiffin-hired-houston-cougars/95128236/

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Charleston Tiger said:

USA Today has Kiffin heading to Houston... really hoping that Saban doesn't pull a Briles over now... That could REALLY screw us.

Based on talk in the Stidham thread Briles is not in play for Saban...and they don't need a QB.

Just now, ellitor said:

Based on talk in the Stidham thread Briles is not in play for Saban...and they don't need a QB.

Yeah I know they've got Hurts but I have never seen Saban turn down talent if it comes his way.

4 minutes ago, Charleston Tiger said:

Yeah I know they've got Hurts but I have never seen Saban turn down talent if it comes his way.

I don't think it would be Saban turning down talent. My point is I don't see Stidham going there to ride the bench. Yes he has to compete for QB1 against Sean if he comes here but his chances of winning QB 1 here are quite a bit better than at Bama. If Saban took Briles I don't see Stidham following him. JMO

JMO,  but I don't think Saban would turn over the responsibility of his offense to an OC with two years experience (one being under the tutelage on his father) just to get a QB.

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

JMO,  but I don't think Saban would turn over the responsibility of his offense to an OC with two years experience (one being under the tutelage on his father) just to get a QB.

WDE said Kiffin passed too much for Saban's taste as it was.

21 minutes ago, ellitor said:

WDE said Kiffin passed too much for Saban's taste as it was.

What is WDE an Alabama insider too now? More than likely Sarkisian takes over. It has been known for a while that Kiffin was going to leave.

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

What is WDE an Alabama insider too now? More than likely Sarkisian takes over. 

No but given he rubs in recruiting circles it would not be surprising if he knew a Bama insider or 2.

25 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

What is WDE an Alabama insider too now? More than likely Sarkisian takes over. It has been known for a while that Kiffin was going to leave.

If Sark's SECCG issue is true, he may be out the door as well.

3 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

If Sark's SECCG issue is true, he may be out the door as well.

Bama has overlooked much worst. I don't believe internet rumors anyway so I still doubt Bama brings in another OC.

1 hour ago, Charleston Tiger said:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/aac/2016/12/08/lane-kiffin-hired-houston-cougars/95128236/

More likely that Orgeron goes for the Briles/Stidham package now that Kiffin is unavailable to him and his QB situation is looking sketchy.

The UT Vol fans are all for Kiffin just leaving for Houston today and treating UAT just like he treated UT...................... 

Of course Kiffin may want another ring, before he goes off to fail again as a head coach.   

Just now, milehighfan said:

What about the possibility of Sark going with Kiffin as his  OC?

I was thinking Houston take Rhett. We take Briles and get Stidham. Everybody wins.

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Sark more than likely won't be the next OC at BAMA. The likely on staff candidates are Billy Napier and Mike Locksley. I have heard that Tee Martin has been mentioned as a possible candidate.

39 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I was thinking Houston take Rhett. We take Briles and get Stidham. Everybody wins.

More interesting... how about Ole Miss ending up with Rhett and Briles/Stidham ending up with us? I could totally see Gus pawning his protege off on his buddy who just canned his OC.  Of course, I can also see a lot of pissed off Auburn fans if Rhett does well in another SEC program.

3 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Sark drunk? I don't believe it. 

Just because someone has the reputation of being an alcoholic at one time doesn't mean we  can assume the rumor to be true that he was  drunk.

4 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

DING DING DING! We have a winner. 

Archived