question about current player

aubiefifty

what is the latest onon prince w?

Tega or Sammons?

Tega was mildly injured late in the season but progressing nicely.  Frame is great and by now should be getting adjusted to the extra weight he has put on.  I think he can be a very solid player but needs to get these bowl practices and spring in and we should know a lot more about his development.

Sammons is much of the same although I have heard nothing of injury for him.  I think Tega is a little more athletic but on the OL you need athleticism, brains, and a nasty attitude as well.  

Hope this answers what you are looking for...

I am curious if Tega will remain on the o-line or if that move was just to add some depth at the tackle position.

5 minutes ago, Linayus said:

I am curious if Tega will remain on the o-line or if that move was just to add some depth at the tackle position.

I hope he stays. He is considered a "project" from a technique and actual football experience, so moving him back and forth from D to O then possible back to D just would keep him behind the  8 ball IMO.

yes tega was the gentleman i was interested in. thanx much!

Tega has outgrown the DL now.  He would have to drop a massive amount of weight.  He will be OL specifically an OT project.  His development has been good as far as comments I've come across.  I have no insider information so some others might can comment more on specifics.  However, he should be in the mix for a starting spot in the next year or so if he continues his development and can keeps the young fellas from passing him up at his time to shine.  I think he was basically 2nd string RT this season.

I was very impressed with Tega when he did come in to play this season.  I think he will become a stud for us in the future, maybe even in 2017.

I was excited when we signed him, though the injury slowed his progress. By all accounts, he sounds like an athletic beast, we just have to get him fine-tuned to the position and the game itself.

Archived