lashlee does not get Georgia St coaching job

aubiefifty

so what happens now? do we keep him or does auburn let him go? i am not trying to start a fight folks........just seriously interested in what might happen.

12 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

so what happens now? do we keep him or does auburn let him go? i am not trying to start a fight folks........just seriously interested in what might happen.

We wait... there will be plenty more changes across the country. Heck, he might get offered one of the two positions that Charlie Strong is considered front runner for.

Let's hang on, we might need a new head coach after next year. 

I kid, I kid. But if Jacobs is still here it wouldn't surprise me.

Was Rhett even considered for this job?

2 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Was Rhett even considered for this job?

At least here,

he's been considered for many.

With his salary, it will be hard for him to find a HC job that will pay at least the same he is being paid.

Just now, doc4aday said:

With his salary, it will be hard for him to find a HC job that will pay at least the same he is being paid.

Sometimes you have to take a step backward to move forward. 

32 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He won't be let go until he has a place to land.

Either he goes this year, or he and Gus both go next year, unless they  find solutions that have escaped them the last two years.

1 minute ago, AU Counsel said:

solutions that have escaped them the last two years

= Stidham.  A stellar QB with a reliable back-up will prevent desperation play calling, falling apart if we lose our QB, and wearing out our running backs. 

17 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I suspect that this has, indeed, been an issue. Appears even Georgia State might have been a "promotion" with a reduction in pay grade.

Edit: I constantly get those two schools mixed up.

At the end of 2015, I never would have thought we would be having this same conversation again at the end of 2016. +1 to GM for unwavering loyalty, even if it kills him (metaphorically speaking of his coaching career).

1 hour ago, AUinTLoosa said:

I suspect that this has, indeed, been an issue. Appears even Georgia State might have been a "promotion" with a reduction in pay grade.

Edit: I constantly get those two schools mixed up.

No worries... he was actually in consideration for BOTH State and Southern at one point or another.

5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

No worries... he was actually in consideration for BOTH State and Southern at one point or another.

Can you remind me?

Which one did Erk Russell use to coach? 

It appears for now he is staying. That was the job I thought he would get. The QB recruit Stidham, if we get him, is also a big part of this equation. Stidham likes Rhett. If Rhett can bring him in and AU is very successful with Stidham it will do nothing but boost his stock. Hopefully!

If Stidham ends up coming to AU, everyone would be wise to remember that it would have been Coach Lashlee's relationship with him that brought him here.

So, in reality, I guess you could set it up as one heck of a Would You Rather -

Would you rather keep Lashlee and have a good chance to get Stidham?

Or would you rather see him leave but see that chance go way down?

4 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

= Stidham.  A stellar QB with a reliable back-up will prevent desperation play calling, falling apart if we lose our QB, and wearing out our running backs. 

I hope you are right, but I don't believe this even if we get Stidham.  I do not trust Gus/Lashlee to coach QBs, use personell effectively or have competent play calling.  We need a new OC/QB coach.

wde

Rhett Lashlee will be solely responsible for landing Stidham if we get him.  So don't harp on him too much just yet...

9 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Rhett Lashlee will be solely responsible for landing Stidham if we get him.  So don't harp on him too much just yet...

I wouldn't say solely, but he has done a very good job recruiting JS

2 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

I hope you are right, but I don't believe this even if we get Stidham.  I do not trust Gus/Lashlee to coach QBs, use personell effectively or have competent play calling.  We need a new OC/QB coach.

wde

If Stidham is the real deal I think we'll be alright. They adjusted to offense to Marshall's strengths and probably got just about all they could out of him as a QB. They worry me a lot more as far as player development, and what they do if they don't have a playmaker at QB. But if Stidham is alright I've got a lot more confidence in them

Archived