Pettway says he is coming back

autiger88

On the heels of Jarrett Stidham's commitment, Auburn received more good news Saturday night when running back Kamryn Pettway announced that he would be returning for the 2017 season. The redshirt sophomore rushed for 1,123 yards and 7 touchdowns in eight games this year. -

Greg Ostendorf

YESSSS!!!! Best news right here. With Carlson, he's our best chance of scoring. His size combined with the way he makes first cut can't be taught. IMO, he can take a team from one level from the next. Even if Stidham is as good as people tell me he is, this has to be at least as good, if not better news for next year!

5 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Rhett did a very good job calling plays until his two main weapons went down.

I don't know that I would call it "very good". We won games against bad defenses despite the play calling sometimes.

War Eagle Bubba!  

This is just as big as getting JS, in my opinion.  When he was healthy, he was dominant.  Having both KJ and KP in that backfield next year is going to be amazing, especially with the improvements in KP's game.  Hopefully, whoever wins the QB job can improve our passing game and make it more of a threat.  

What an amazing weekend to be a tiger!

I think what is missing is that Gus & Rhett are doing their best to bring in key players to make their system work to its fullest. It was no fluke what we did in the MSU, OM, Arky, even LSU and Vandy. Yes, we played poorly in the UGA game and bammer. I think that we will show some promise in the bowl game. Next year should be a huge season with hopefully 10 and a good chance at more wins.

I am one that fully believes that having the correct players at key positions, gives us the fire power to compete for championships in 2017 & 2018. I hope we will have JS for at least 2 seasons.

39 minutes ago, gman87 said:

I don't know that I would call it "very good". We won games against bad defenses despite the play calling sometimes.

Then you weren't paying attention.  It was good play calling no matter who the defenses were and had we been doing the same crap as the first three games, those games would have been closer and a couple might have been losses.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Then you weren't paying attention.  It was good play calling no matter who the defenses were and had we been doing the same crap as the first three games, those games would have been closer and a couple might have been losses.

I think you are comparing reasonable game plans to ridiculous game plans but that's just my opinion. Whoever is calling the plays has a penchant to run up the middle on first down a very high percentage of time and often for limited gains, to not exploit the middle of the field in passing and in general to call and to be predictable in general.

So we got great news this weekend. Kam coming back for 2017 and Jarrett transferring to Auburn from Baylor and he'll have 3 years to play starting next year.

18 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

So we got great news this weekend. Kam coming back for 2017 and Jarrett transferring to Auburn from Baylor and he'll have 3 years to play starting next year.

And Legatron is staying. 

Not sure where to post this but I saw Pettway at the Murphy USA Today while I was visiting the AU vet clinic. He was still walking with a considerable limp but seemed in good spirits. There were various cars pulling up to him talking to him so I didn't want to harass the poor kid with my fandom. 

cautiously optimistic. i'm amped up about stidham and kp. i'll watch these games and love these players no matter what, all in. but there's no off-season bandwagon for me. maybe for the next staff. thanks for sticking with us KP. youre one of the best i've seen in years.

Archived