Kiffin to Florida Atlantic

BigSammyK

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kiffin is a very good OC.  If you have a HC with a strong personality like Saban to keep Kiffin in line then you have the recipe for making an already dominant program (spuat under Saban) even more dominant.  With the right HC, I would love for Kiffin to be the OC at AU.  I would never want Kiffin to be the HC at AU under any circumstances.

wde

Yup... this is going to go well...

Just one day into the job, Kiffin signed East Mississippi Community College quarterback De'Andre Johnson, the former ESPN 300 standout who originally signed with Florida State but was dismissed from the school after he was caught on video punching a woman at a bar.

42 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Yup... this is going to go well...

He's paying it forward....trying to rehab another individual that may deserve a 2nd chance.

Just now, keesler said:

He's paying it forward....trying to rehab another individual that may deserve a 2nd chance.

Good positive way to think about it. :cheers:

If a coach scratched every kid who had a run in with the law he would have a hard time fielding a.team.  Minnesota has TEN players suspended for their bowl game.

48 minutes ago, AU64 said:

If a coach scratched every kid who had a run in with the law he would have a hard time fielding a.team.  Minnesota has TEN players suspended for their bowl game.

There is a difference between a run in with the law and a football player physically assaulting a woman, on camera. 

On 12/12/2016 at 7:05 AM, msza said:

I guess there's an appeal to being chief of a smaller tribe, but I personally don't understand giving up a major role at a powerhouse to go coach at the, what, 5th, 6th, 7th best program in a state?

Although I'm certainly glad he won't be calling plays for Bama anymore.

I heard from one of the high up administrators at FAU that they were going to make a major investment in their sports programs, they were ready to raise the profile of their university for overall student recruiting; he particularly noted how Alabama has grown as a University because of their football success.  More students means more money...

Happy for LK and KB....and nice they are not in the SEC.....

• 2 weeks later...

I think he's had all he can take of saban based on the comments in a recent interview. Saban probably hasn't let up a hair since he has a replacement there now who runs the same O. 

Lots of immediate pressure on sark. Could lead a man to............

Sark in the water? Lol. 

7 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

I think he's had all he can take of saban based on the comments in a recent interview. Saban probably hasn't let up a hair since he has a replacement there now who runs the same O. 

Lots of immediate pressure on sark. Could lead a man to............

Sark in the water? Lol. 

More like Cutty Sark in the water. 

Watched an interview with Nick Saban... You can get the sense he wasn't happy with the offense s performance and just decided to move on

12 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Watched an interview with Nick Saban... You can get the sense he wasn't happy with the offense s performance and just decided to move on

While Saban maybe was not happy about the O performance, this is as bad as timing as you can get to make this type change. While Sark probably has been involved with the game planning he does not have the game experience for this team and the ebb and flow of how the game is going. So while he has been in the press box with headset on, he should not have had any type communication with Kiffens or Saban during the game. 

May not change the ultimate outcome of the game, but I do not think this makes their O better. Could make them worse. You do not make this change unless you absolutely have to.

17 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Too bad Saban didn't leave him in Atlanta to find his own way home. What a terrible game he called.

Horrible, and you didn't need to be an Alabama fan to notice. 

Just now, 80Tiger said:

While Saban maybe was not happy about the O performance, this is as bad as timing as you can get to make this type change. While Sark probably has been involved with the game planning he does not have the game experience for this team and the ebb and flow of how the game is going. So while he has been in the press box with headset on, he should not have had any type communication with Kiffens or Saban during the game. 

May not change the ultimate outcome of the game, but I do not think this makes their O better. Could make them worse. You do not make this change unless you absolutely have to.

I don't know why Sark wouldn't have communicated with other coaches during games. I agree that the timing isn't great, but I have a feeling that everyone involved, including the players, are relieved that he's gone. I'll bet it helps them, if the Washington game is what we are measuring from. 

54 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I don't know why Sark wouldn't have communicated with other coaches during games. I agree that the timing isn't great, but I have a feeling that everyone involved, including the players, are relieved that he's gone. I'll bet it helps them, if the Washington game is what we are measuring from. 

He was not an on the field coach. He was an analyst. Not for sure by any means, but I would think his involvement during the game would be limited if not prohibited. 

Archived