Replacements for Seniors and EE's

bg5

So looking at our depth chart we have a few Seniors and a few early entries. Who do you think  will replace them and how do you think that replacement will do?

WR- Tony Stephens

LG- Alex Kozan

TR- Robert Leff

DT- Mont Adams

Buck- Carl Lawson

CB- Josh Hulsey

NB- Johnathan Ford

P- Kevin Phillips

43 minutes ago, bg5 said:
44 minutes ago, bg5 said:

So looking at our depth chart we have a few Seniors and a few early entries. Who do you think  will replace them and how do you think that replacement will do?

WR- Tony Stephens

LG- Alex Kozan

TR- Robert Leff

DT- Mont Adams

Buck- Carl Lawson

CB- Josh Hulsey

NB- Johnathan Ford

P- Kevin Phillips

WR- Take your pick! 

LG- Horton

RT - Prince W  or Prince S  

DT- Cowart, Brown, A Williams

Buck- Davidson, Coe, Holland

CB- J Davis really improved over the course of the season. We also get J Dean back (who was penciled in as starter in 2016)  oh, and D Thomas!

NB- ???  I can't remember right now

P- Easy, Our plan is to never punt in 2017

59 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Didn't realize Davidson played the Buck position, thought he played the other side. Are those positions interchangeable? 

No. Two different styles of play and responsibilities

2 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

WR- Take your pick! 

LG- Horton

RT - Prince W  or Prince S  

Buck- Davidson, Coe, Holland

CB- J Davis really improved over the course of the season. We also get J Dean back (who was penciled in as starter in 2016)  oh, and D Thomas!

NB- ???  I can't remember right now

P- Easy, Our plan is to never punt in 2017

I would think no drop off at WR, a drop off but not terrible at LG, big drop off at first at RT, some drop off but not too bad at DT, pretty big drop off at Buck, no drop off at CB or NB and who knows about Punter. Am I close?  

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

No. Two different styles of play and responsibilities

Yep! One thing I'll say about Marlon though, I could care less where he lines up, but I'd take 21 other guys with his motor. His motor is really what impressed me the most, along with his athleticism for his size.

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Yep! One thing I'll say about Marlon though, I could care less where he lines up, but I'd take 21 other guys with his motor. His motor is really what impressed me the most, along with his athleticism for his size.

He was always across or down the field in on tackles. Always gave tremendous effort.

3 hours ago, bg5 said:

The only place I expect a drop-off is on the O-Line, and hopefully it won't be for long.  I expect the wide receivers to improve.  Everything else I think stays pretty even.  We have plenty of guys with talent and experience to fill the holes.

I think O-Line especially at beginning of season will be biggest drop off. At beginning of year an awful lot of people were bad mouthing Leff, he proved it on the field. I think James will move to RT. Giving us three starters on the right side counting Center Golson, RG Braden Smith, RT James. We will run a lot to the right,  LG will be Horton has some experience.  LT one of the Prices a lot of talent not much experience it will be interesting.  I also could see Kim at LG with Horton at LT if The Prince's don't work out.

Despite how good Lawson and Adams were the replacements are very good and have experience drop off  in D-Line yes big drop off no.

LB will be better then last year more experience same starters and fresh talented bodies coming in as backups.

DB will be the same overall drop off losing Ford and Holsey but  some experience coming back with Carlton Davis becoming a lock down corner and getting Dean back.  Also getting some depth from incoming players. 

5 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

WR- Take your pick! 

LG- Horton

RT - Prince W

Buck- Paul James III, Davidson, Coe, Holland

NB-  Daniel Thomas III

P- Mic man (to shut him up on the sideline) OR Aubie

Thought I would add my two cents to yours.  

7 hours ago, bg5 said:

WR- Tony Stephens (take your pick...)

LG- Alex Kozan (Horton)

RT- Robert Leff (James)

DT- Mont Adams (A.Williams)

Buck- Carl Lawson (Davidson)

CB- Josh Hulsey (Dean)

NB- Johnathan Ford (Roberts)

P- Kevin Phillips (younger Carlson)

Punter - Carlson the senior to reprise his dual kicking & punting role from his freshman year to demonstrate that ability prior to the NFL draft

Concerned most about those talented but inexperienced o-linemen jelling by week 2 at Clemson. Brown & Davidson step in nicely. Secondary coordination is so about leadership that we'll miss Rudy back there for a few games. 

10 hours ago, aublaise said:

Punter - Carlson the senior to reprise his dual kicking & punting role from his freshman year to demonstrate that ability prior to the NFL draft

This would not be ideal.  He showed fatigue at the end of the year doing all the kicking.  We don't want to jeopardize our best weapon on offense.

5 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Secondary coordination is so about leadership that we'll miss Rudy back there for a few games. 

I'm less concerned about this.  By all accounts, Trey Matthews is the QB of our defense.

21 hours ago, bg5 said:

WR- Tony Stephens

LG- Alex Kozan

TR- Robert Leff

DT- Mont Adams

Buck- Carl Lawson

CB- Josh Hulsey

NB- Johnathan Ford

P- Kevin Phillips

WR - Kyle Davis OR NCM

LG - Mike Horton OR Marquel Harrell

RT - Calvin Ashley OR Prince Tega Wonahongu OR Prince Sammons

DT - Andrew Williams OR Derrick Brown

CB - Javaris Davis OR Jamel Dean

NB - Daniel Thomas OR Stephen Roberts OR Markell Boston

P - Ian Shannon OR Anders Carlson (gotta keep his leg loose, am I right?)

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 6:52 PM, abw0004 said:

Thought I would add my two cents to yours.  

Glad I'm not the only one who hates the mic man!! LOL

We're going to miss most of these guys. Lawson and Adams, while we have quality depth there, will be missed. Not sure we get the same production out of any other 4 right away but luckily our schedule allows for some early growing pains.

Losing Kozan and Leff sucks. The O-line, as we saw this season, really needs the chemistry as a unit for each to be effective individually. Hand needs to do a better job next season getting those guys ready to go week 1. We allowed way too many TFL the first 3 weeks.

I'm probably going to miss Rudy Ford the most. As far as what you want and expect out of a player through their entire career at Auburn, Rudy was all that and more. He may not have led the team in tackles this season (THANK GOD!) but his contributions were seen consistently in every game. If Daniel Thomas' first game was any indication, he could very well be the next great NB for us!

Archived