AU Football All-Access Podcast: Jarrett Stidham, Kam Pettway, Coaching Carousel.....

JMR

Y'all will enjoy our analysis of 5-star Jarrett Stidham, and more . . .

Holiday Season Brings Big Momentum For Auburn

Christmas has arrived two weeks early for Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn, as 5-star Baylor transfer QB Jarrett Stidham announced this weekend that Auburn would be the fortunate winner in the fierce competition for Stidham's signature. Then, on the heels of that outstanding news, Malzahn also got a boost at the running back position for 2017, as Kamryn Pettway announced that he had "unfinished business" at Auburn, and would return for the next season.

Add to this news the likelihood that Groza Award finalist kicker Daniel Carlson will also return for the '17 season, and things are looking a bit brighter for Auburn as they prepare for a January 2nd matchup with the Oklahoma Sooners in the Sugar Bowl.

Join Coach John Ray and Doug Dean for this analysis and more!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast...uid=http://auburnfootballallaccess.com/?p=246

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Hey Coach. Are y'all not apart of the War Eagle Radio App anymore?

Yeah, we are, E. They asked if they could hold it until tomorrow, since it isn't time sensitive. Thanks for asking....I should have pointed that out!

• RunInRed pinned and featured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

coach, do you any clue who might be the new DB coach?  I hated seeing Raymond staying at LSU. However, there are several great DB coaches around that would make a fine hire for us. I am just sure who they are as well as many of us on this board.

WDE & WDC

Merry Christmas

6 hours ago, doc4aday said:

coach, do you any clue who might be the new DB coach?  I hated seeing Raymond staying at LSU. However, there are several great DB coaches around that would make a fine hire for us. I am just sure who they are as well as many of us on this board.

WDE & WDC

Merry Christmas

Doc, I don't really have a clue. Like a lot of people, I wanted Corey Raymond, mainly because I like the way his players play. But obviously no one can blame him for staying there (with a pay raise to boot). The coaching world is a very small fraternity, and almost everyone in it is well aware of which coaches are really good at the craft and which are not. I have no doubt Kevin Steele has a short list, in very meticulous order, of who he would LIKE to have, who he thinks he can get, etc.  While Gus says "We're in no hurry" to name a guy, that certainly doesn't mean Steele hasn't reached out to the guys on his list, either directly or indirectly, to gauge their interest. Honestly, if it were Gus doing the picking, I'd be a little concerned (hard to trust his judgment lately), but I have strong confidence in Steele picking someone who checks all the blocks on his requirements sheet. Auburn is not reluctant to pony up the $$ required to get the guy they want, so I feel pretty good about the whole thing. All that said, I'm anxious to get that slot filled in time for the sprint to the finish in recruiting. As we all know, just one recruit won or lost can make a difference down the road.

1 hour ago, JMR said:

Honestly, if it were Gus doing the picking, I'd be a little concerned (hard to trust his judgment lately), but I have strong confidence in Steele picking someone who checks all the blocks on his requirements sheet. 

Somewhat agree.  Last 2 DB coaches have been great hires and have both moved on to bigger roles.  I'm guessing those guys were not hand picked by Gus, but at least he knows to trust his DC.  Gus gets credit for that.