Brown and Spencer Suspended

kwren34

Probably one of those things where they have a list of things to do in order to be removed from suspension. They do that, they are out of the doghouse. Leaves their return up to them. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought I read this AM that Spencer will be back for the next game...but don't see it now.   Any word on either one of them?

Pearl said, in his presser yesterday, that they would both travel with the team but will need to earn their spots again. Essentially, i take that to mean they will dress but we may see them in limited minutes 

34 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Pearl said, in his presser yesterday, that they would both travel with the team but will need to earn their spots again. Essentially, i take that to mean they will dress but we may see them in limited minutes 

Thanks...I just scanned the piece and did not get the full interpretation.   "Day to day" as Gus says huh..?   Maybe there is an official "Coach Speak" handbook that all coaches have to refer to.  :dunno:   Enables them to talk several minutes and convey nothing pertinent.

13 hours ago, AU64 said:

Thanks...I just scanned the piece and did not get the full interpretation.   "Day to day" as Gus says huh..?   Maybe there is an official "Coach Speak" handbook that all coaches have to refer to.  :dunno:   Enables them to talk several minutes and convey nothing pertinent.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that McGlynn or our legal team has given every one of our coaches talking points for dealing with injuries and suspensions.

Bruce is as honest as a coach you will find, his coach speak is not even close to the same level as Gus. You can trust what BP says to the media regarding the roster IMO. IMO Bryce and Horace won't start tonight but will probably play some. 

I've said this a few times now ... all you have to do is listen to cbp in his post game talks with bramblett

ive never heard an auburn coach as honest and open as cbp.  You can learn a ton about our team in the post game radio talk.

heck I've found cbp to open and forthright on about everything 

2 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

I've said this a few times now ... all you have to do is listen to cbp in his post game talks with bramblett

ive never heard an auburn coach as honest and open as cbp.  You can learn a ton about our team in the post game radio talk.

heck I've found cbp to open and forthright on about everything 

That was one thing I found refreshing, at first, about Barbee. Because only a few AU hoops games were televised each season, I caught most of the action on the AU radio network with Rod and Fish/Ciampi/Ellen/whomever. His first season, Barbee would sidle up to Rod post-game and absolutely rail on the team, calling out individual players. I really liked that accountability and "toughness" attitude from the head coach, which we lacked sorely under Lebo. Unfortunately, Barbee attempted to rebuild AU hopes on the foundation of a game-fixer (Varez Ward) and a couple guys that he wanted AU to "assist" getting into school (Kemp Jr. and Cothran). We wouldn't, and with Frankie Sullivan tearing his ACL, it just got off to a bad start and never got on track. But, at least, at first, I liked the hard-knock honesty from Barbee.

3 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

That was one thing I found refreshing, at first, about Barbee. Because only a few AU hoops games were televised each season, I caught most of the action on the AU radio network with Rod and Fish/Ciampi/Ellen/whomever. His first season, Barbee would sidle up to Rod post-game and absolutely rail on the team, calling out individual players. I really liked that accountability and "toughness" attitude from the head coach, which we lacked sorely under Lebo. Unfortunately, Barbee attempted to rebuild AU hopes on the foundation of a game-fixer (Varez Ward) and a couple guys that he wanted AU to "assist" getting into school (Kemp Jr. and Cothran). We wouldn't, and with Frankie Sullivan tearing his ACL, it just got off to a bad start and never got on track. But, at least, at first, I liked the hard-knock honesty from Barbee.

I agree about Barbee's post game but lots of folks were very negative and critical about him "calling players out".....and it's been a surprise to me that CBP has been able to talk about the negatives without much complaint from fans.  I mean, no point in making believe that guys played hard or shot well when everyone witnessed what really went on.   

In defense of Gus, most of the time, it's hard to tell which football player had a good game or bad game until the films are examined so he is pretty non-committal except with comments about some unusual or exceptional plays. But it's also his nature to not say much...while talking a lot.   

9 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

lol, get over yourself

:dunno:  

12 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

What are the chances we see either of them in the Connecticut game?

I think there's probably an 75% chance they play today. I was pretty sure that they would played against OU, then I thought maybe they'd play the second half, then I was surprised to realized they were sitting that one out too.

its been three games now, one of which was the second toughest of the year. I'm okay letting them back on the court.

So Spencer played in the UConn game.  I did not see Brown in the game or on the bench (could be camera not showing him).  But at the last home game, I saw Spencer on the bench in warmups (not dressed to play) but I did not see Brown at all.  Anybody have info on him?

17 minutes ago, GBAU83 said:

So Spencer played in the UConn game.  I did not see Brown in the game or on the bench (could be camera not showing him).  But at the last home game, I saw Spencer on the bench in warmups (not dressed to play) but I did not see Brown at all.  Anybody have info on him?

Brown was on the bench with Spencer during the Mercer game. I didn't get to see either of the OU or UCONN games so I don't know if e was dressed or not. 

Archived