where are the bobby petrino fans?

aubiefifty

i am just curious how many of you bobby p fans still want him at auburn after his latest cheating accusations etc concerning duke? talk about an embarrassment. something is really wrong with this fellow. i mean love or hate him does he really need to cheat to beat duke? man i shudder at the field day folks would have with us if he was our guy.........

Just a small correction, aubiefifty, the team was Wake Forest, not Duke.  Not a Bobby Petrino fan, but it does cast a negative image for him and his program.

51 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i am just curious how many of you bobby p fans still want him at auburn after his latest cheating accusations etc concerning duke? talk about an embarrassment. something is really wrong with this fellow. i mean love or hate him does he really need to cheat to beat duke? man i shudder at the field day folks would have with us if he was our guy.........

Are you talking about Wake Forest? I've heard nothing about Duke accusations...

As for Wake Forest, there's no connection to Petrino, so he can skate away from it unscathed. If anything happens, the guy who took the plays will go down.

31 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

I would take him in a heartbeat.    he didnt need to cheat to bet a unranked WF team

No, but if he's willing to do that, when it's obviously not needed, what else has he done when it wasn't such an easy win, both in games and in recruiting?

He is a sleaze. I don't want him anywhere near AU. JMHO 

23 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

No, but if he's willing to do that, when it's obviously not needed, what else has he done when it wasn't such an easy win, both in games and in recruiting?

What has been proven? 

4 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

What has been proven? 

Check newspaper in Winston Salem......you can find all the details you like.   And nobody at U of L is denying anything .....

12 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

What has been proven? 

Louisville admitted that they willingly took the plays from Wake Forest radio announcer. No proof necessary when they come out and say "yea, we did it".

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Check newspaper in Winston Salem......you can find all the details you like.   And nobody at U of L is denying anything .....

In otherwords to answer my question.  Nothing. 

Just now, auskip07 said:

In otherwords to answer my question.  Nothing. 

NO.....In other words I ain't doing your research for you....

3 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

maybe you should share your "research" with the NCAA

This is not necessarily an NCAA violation....just the type of sleazy stuff we expect from U of L.  But since you are not motivated to learn the truth, how about his for a starter.

The Cardinals were mentioned in the school’s official release and their athletic director made a statement on Wednesday. Tom Jurich acknowledged that Elrod had “shared a few plays” with Louisville’s co-offensive coordinator –– Lonnie Galloway, who served on former coach Jim Grobe’s staff with Elrod from 2011 to 2012 –– in the days leading up to the game

From Winston Salem Journal ....

yes i screwed up the school name. two mins after i was reading about it. shakes head. my point is bobby is a sleaze bag  and this kind of stuff will always be happening around him. hell some are already making remarks about the baylor qb trans and auburn. crap about him covering up rape for his teammates when i believe he was not there when the mess happened. and yes i do live in the grown up world but my love for auburn is such that i often want to pull an earl pitts and be on the trash talkers like a rat on a Cheeto. and i will not apologize for my love of auburn. EVER.

"You know of course, I worry about stuff," Malzahn said. "I'm probably one of those guys that -- yeah, I worry about stuff. Usually we don't have a whole lot of access because of that."

The story broke this week when Wake Forest fired one of its radio announcers, Tommy Elrod, after the program launched an investigation last month and found that Elrod has been leaking, or attempting to leak, the Demon Deacons' game plans to opponents multiple times over the last three seasons.

Elrod, who played at Wake Forest from 1993-97, later coached at his alma mater for 11 seasons between 2003 and 2013 under then-coach Jim Grobe. When current Wake Forest coach Dave Clawson was hired, Elrod was not retained as part of his staff and instead joined the school's radio commentary team.

As of Thursday afternoon, three of Wake Forest's opponents from 2014-16 have surfaced as being involved in the scandal.

Louisville athletic director Tom Jurich released a statement Wednesday admitting a staff member for the Cardinals received some plays from Elrod before the teams' Nov. 12 meeting, which Louisville won, 44-12. Army athletic director Boo Corrigan also said Wednesday that his program had received notice from Wake Forest about the investigation. By Thursday afternoon, Virginia Tech emerged as the latest team involved in the scandal, according to multiple reports. The Hokies' only game with the Demon Deacons during that three-year period came in 2014 when Wake Forest won, 6-3, in double-overtime during a game that ended scoreless in regulation.

meh...  Saban's done that kind of stuff for years and he's a god (little "g") so, as long as Petrino wins, nobody will really care.

• 3 weeks later...

When you are talking about someone freely giving information to an opponent's coaching staff, I cannot really call it cheating if they choose to make use of information that came their way.  That said, I would view it differently if you were talking about Louisville (or Petrino) paying (or otherwise coercing) someone affiliated with an opponent for information.

If Lane Kiffin sent such information about Alabama to Gus, a week before the 2017 Iron Bowl, I have no doubt that Gus would make use of it if it proved to be accurate.

10 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

When you are talking about someone freely giving information to an opponent's coaching staff, I cannot really call it cheating if they choose to make use of information that came their way.  That said, I would view it differently if you were talking about Louisville (or Petrino) paying (or otherwise coercing) someone affiliated with an opponent for information.

If Lane Kiffin sent such information about Alabama to Gus, a week before the 2017 Iron Bowl, I have no doubt that Gus would make use of it if it proved to be accurate.

DC shared his intimate knowledge of Jimbo's FSU team to Gus and AU. So I guess Gus is a scumbag for listening to DC? I'll hang out and wait for the responses. 

AND NO I'M NOT A BOBBY P. FAN. 

Petrino would do great things for AU football and awful things for AU integrity. I'm sure there is a coach out there that can win and isn't a sleeze ball....we just got to find him some how

I'm on the fence with Petrino.  Sometimes I'd like him, mostly I don't.  He'd be a great OC again, but maybe not quite a HC temperament.

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

DC shared his intimate knowledge of Jimbo's FSU team to Gus and AU. So I guess Gus is a scumbag for listening to DC? I'll hang out and wait for the responses. 

AND NO I'M NOT A BOBBY P. FAN. 

I am not really sure why you gave that response to me.  I clearly said that I cannot call it cheating if someone chooses to use information that came their way.  I made a distinction for a hypothetical scenario about paying someone affiliated (meaning currently affiliated) with an opponent for such information.  In other words, I would consider it wrong if Gus called DC (while employed by LSU), asking for or offering money for information about LSU prior to our next game against them.  Well, I would probably consider Gus calling DC more stupid than wrong.

If you have someone on your coaching staff that previously worked for an opponent's coaching staff, I have no problem with information being shared.  I suspect that it is a common occurrence in the coaching world at this level.

9 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

I am not really sure why you gave that response to me.  I clearly said that I cannot call it cheating if someone chooses to use information that came their way.  I made a distinction for a hypothetical scenario about paying someone affiliated (meaning currently affiliated) with an opponent for such information.  In other words, I would consider it wrong if Gus called DC (while employed by LSU), asking for or offering money for information about LSU prior to our next game against them.  Well, I would probably consider Gus calling DC more stupid than wrong.

If you have someone on your coaching staff that previously worked for an opponent's coaching staff, I have no problem with information being shared.  I suspect that it is a common occurrence in the coaching world at this level.

Didn't mean to tag the post to anyone. My bad. 

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Didn't mean to tag the post to anyone. My bad. 

I admit, you had me scratching my head on that one.

Archived