where are the bobby petrino fans?

aubiefifty

7 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

DC shared his intimate knowledge of Jimbo's FSU team to Gus and AU. So I guess Gus is a scumbag for listening to DC? I'll hang out and wait for the responses. 

Craig was employed by Auburn at the time and Jimbo was either aware that was going to happen or he's a lot stupider than I thought. More than likely he was prepared for it to happen as any coach should be when facing a former member of their staff. 

In this case, a member of one team, with no knowledge of that team, gave out information that could be relevant to their game plan. There is no way for a team to be prepared for that and it's totally dishonest of the opponent to take advantage of that person's dishonesty.

It's apples and oranges.

4 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Craig was employed by Auburn at the time and Jimbo was either aware that was going to happen or he's a lot stupider than I thought. More than likely he was prepared for it to happen as any coach should be when facing a former member of their staff. 

In this case, a member of one team, with no knowledge of that team, gave out information that could be relevant to their game plan. There is no way for a team to be prepared for that and it's totally dishonest of the opponent to take advantage of that person's dishonesty.

It's apples and oranges.

so a radio guy is a member of the team?  

30 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

He's a member of the staff, so yes... he's a part of the team.

he was a member of the old staff, got fired when the new staff came in and become an announcer at that point.

13 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

he was a member of the old staff, got fired when the new staff came in and become an announcer at that point.

Still part of the team.  He travels with them, has inside access, and is recognized publicly as part of the organization that is Wake Forest Football. I don't get why you are trying to argue this point, except just to be argumentative...

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Still part of the team.  He travels with them, has inside access, and is recognized publicly as part of the organization that is Wake Forest Football. I don't get why you are trying to argue this point, except just to be argumentative...

wasn't sure you understood his position entirely.  While it is a dick move by his part, I do believe it is done more than is ever known, he just got caught.  Look at the NFL signing a practice squad player/ recently cut from another team a week before they play them.  It would not surprise me at all if disgruntled players do this, say transfers or suspended/kicked off the team.

Just now, auburnphan said:

wasn't sure you understood his position entirely.  While it is a dick move by his part, I do believe it is done more than is ever known, he just got caught.  Look at the NFL signing a practice squad player/ recently cut from another team a week before they play them.  It would not surprise me at all if disgruntled players do this, say transfers or suspended/kicked off the team.

I think it happens more in the NFL than college, just because there are more opportunities to shuffle personnel, but I think it's pretty rare that someone with inside access sells out a team that they are still involved with. That's pretty unprecedented... and will likely lead to more teams completely cutting ties with people once they are let go from a specific position.

12 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I think it happens more in the NFL than college, just because there are more opportunities to shuffle personnel, but I think it's pretty rare that someone with inside access sells out a team that they are still involved with. That's pretty unprecedented... and will likely lead to more teams completely cutting ties with people once they are let go from a specific position.

Agree with schools and being more careful with guys.  Big time football is big time business, big business is dirty.  Look at what schools do to get players and take care of them, it would not surprise me if they do more than that.   Kinda like you only hear about players getting busted with weed and then getting suspended, never testing positive and getting suspended.  I know there are multiple strikes for testing positive, but I do believe it is a don't get busted and make us do something about it policy by most schools.

Archived