2017 3* HB Chase Lasater

ellitor

4_4439186.jpg

Jacksonville, FL (Trinity Christian Academy)

Ht 6-2 Wt 238

Link

Rated #2 Full Back in the nation

Will OV AU January 20th-22nd

He Corrrected me in a tweet saying AU was recruiting him at Full Back/H-Back and LB so that's why LB is in the title

Appears he will likely be in the class

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chjase will play in the Blue-Grey All American Bowl this Thursday, December 22nd. It was previously called the O & D Bowl. It's the high school all star game Cam Newton was in.

7 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Hope he picks Auburn. Interesting the #2 fullback in the nation this year gets 3 stars. 

Stars are heavily based on draft potential. Kickers and H-Backs are not drafted high so their even their recruits usually don't get 4*s.

Glad you started this thread ellitor. What I've seen from this kid seems very promising at LB or HB.

I saw 4.75s and 4.56s on his highlight introduction. Ellitor, do you know which one is his 40, if either?

In our Offense we need a blocking HB/FB type. With Pettway becoming a pure RB that only leaves us Cox so we desperately need another player of the Prosch/Cox type. Willing to do the hard work blocking for both run and pass with an occasional wheel route.

24 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Glad you started this thread ellitor. What I've seen from this kid seems very promising at LB or HB.

I saw 4.75s and 4.56s on his highlight introduction. Ellitor, do you know which one is his 40, if either?

We need to sign this kid, if he never does anything but cover kickoffs.He reminds me of Craig Sanders covering those kicks.

Lasater recruiting seems to be heating up. So does this kid have an AU offer or is that forthcoming after OV if everything goes well.  Jan 22 seems a long time to wait if a big offer comes in meantime, especially with remaining slots at a premium.  Also does it appear this is the slot that Johnston was being considered for?

51 minutes ago, autan said:

Lasater recruiting seems to be heating up. So does this kid have an AU offer or is that forthcoming after OV if everything goes well.  Jan 22 seems a long time to wait if a big offer comes in meantime, especially with remaining slots at a premium.  Also does it appear this is the slot that Johnston was being considered for?

1. Yes if he OVs. 2. January 20th is the Big Cat target OV weekend for AU so I would not worry about other premium offers right now. He seems locked in on that OV. 2. Possibly.

Easy take both he and Johnston.  Let one redshirt and one play immediately in mop up and special teams.  Lasater looks more ready to play at the SEC level then Johnston but that could change in 3 months in a weight room.  

9 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Easy take both he and Johnston.  Let one redshirt and one play immediately in mop up and special teams.  Lasater looks more ready to play at the SEC level then Johnston but that could change in 3 months in a weight room.  

If there was not that pesky thing called limited spots. We have 8 spots left and want 0-1 QB, 1 HB, 1-2 WRs. 1-2 OL, 2-3 DL, 1-2 LB, & 1 Safety.  The minimum there is 7 spots taken. There's no guarantee that the one not in those 7 spots would be the next man up for the last best available spot.  If we get Narcisse all spots would be taken which means we very likely couldn't take both.

I know its been said we likely get the Taylor kid over UGA. However, if we missed on him would it be likely to see both in this class as both being HB/LB options? I really like the idea of getting another guy on the team that's considered a true FB type. 

7 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

I know its been said we likely get the Taylor kid over UGA. However, if we missed on him would it be likely to see both in this class as both being HB/LB options? I really like the idea of getting another guy on the team that's considered a true FB type. 

Don't know. It has not been reported yet what AU would do at LB if they miss on Taylor. & OU appears to be the toughest competition right now with Taylor.

49 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If there was not that pesky thing called limited spots. We have 8 spots left and want 0-1 QB, 1 HB, 1-2 WRs. 1-2 OL, 2-3 DL, 1-2 LB, & 1 Safety.  The minimum there is 7 spots taken. There's no guarantee that the one not in those 7 spots would be the next man up for the last best available spot.  If we get Narcisse all spots would be taken which means we very likely couldn't take both.

Looks like some people need to be getting on board or get left out.

59 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I would hate to waste spots on WR. Take a good one and call it a day. We're stacked up at a position we don't utilize.  Need to start thinking about safety depth. Ruffin, Roberts, Matthews are all gone after next year. That leaves Boston and... maybe Character?

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I would hate to waste spots on WR. Take a good one and call it a day. We're stacked up at a position we don't utilize.  Need to start thinking about safety depth. Ruffin, Roberts, Matthews are all gone after next year. That leaves Boston and... maybe Character?

IDK. I want Terry if he can qualify. He's as physically gifted as KD IMO and maybe faster.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

IDK. I want Terry if he can qualify. He's as physically gifted as KD IMO and maybe faster.

I wouldn't mind he either. Him and iggy and call it.

50 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I wouldn't mind he either. Him and iggy and call it.

Iggy really showed out in the AL\MS game.  But back on topic...  I really like this kid's attitude towards blocking.  He looks like he has that real nasty streak of an OL but just faster and a little smaller

3 hours ago, Leftfield said:

Nobody's complained about his bench yet?

I'm sure Russell will have him up to 5 lbs. in no time. 

Archived