2017 3* HB Chase Lasater

ellitor

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/16/2016 at 11:29 AM, ellitor said:

If there was not that pesky thing called limited spots. We have 8 spots left and want 0-1 QB, 1 HB, 1-2 WRs. 1-2 OL, 2-3 DL, 1-2 LB, & 1 Safety.  The minimum there is 7 spots taken. There's no guarantee that the one not in those 7 spots would be the next man up for the last best available spot.  If we get Narcisse all spots would be taken which means we very likely couldn't take both.

I know most on here wanted LN but I feel good about our QB situation now as long as no one transfers.  If we signed Narcisse someone would likely be packing so nothing gained. 

I would like to see 1-HB, 1-WR, 1-OL, 2-DL, 2-LB, 1-S  = 8

55 minutes ago, autan said:

I would like to see 1-HB, 1-WR, 1-OL, 2-DL, 2-LB, 1-S  = 8

Latest projection FWIW is

0-1 QB, 0-1 RB or ATH, 1 HB, 1 WR, 1 OL, 2-3 DL, 1 LB, 1-2 DBs.

Link

51 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Link

That looks a lot better to me. 

20 minutes ago, corchjay said:

You just want to hog all the DBs lol.  Give me 2 HBs and another receiver plus 2 more linemen... j/k

Guilty as charged. :laugh:

Ill take a speed rusher too

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Link

Can we sign 2 to 3 quality DL prospects? The crop was thin anyway and time is running out.

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Can we sign 2 to 3 quality DL prospects? The crop was thin anyway and time is running out.

If we get the 2 we are believed to lead with then yes, Ryan Johnson and Alec Jackson. Plus we are supposedly making moves with Aubrey Solomon & Markavius Bryant.

15 hours ago, autan said:

If we signed Narcisse someone would likely be packing so nothing gained. 

Disagree... he would likely be an upgrade to whomever packed.  Still, he was not a necessity with Stidham and White, but we do need 2 next year to insure future depth.

11 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Disagree... he would likely be an upgrade to whomever packed.  Still, he was not a necessity with Stidham and White, but we do need 2 next year to insure future depth.

I don't see that happening unless 1 or 2 QBs leave early before next season ends. 4 is the staff's sweet spot on schollied QBs. If nobody leaves you have 5 QBs on scholly for the 2018 season without taking a 2nd one in the 2018 class: Stidham, White, Woody, Queen, & Joey.

And it would not insure depth. They would still have to develop.

Just now, ellitor said:

I don't see that happening unless 1 or 2 QBs leave early before next season ends. 4 is the staff's sweet spot on schollied QBs. If nobody leaves you have 5 QBs on scholly for the 2018 season without taking a 2nd one in the 2018 class: Stidham, White, Woody, Queen, & Joey.

I believe and I think the coaches believe that Queen is never going to do more than get some consolation mop-up duty. We also have White and Stidham on track to leave simultaneously in 2018. That tells me that we need to add 2, so in 2019, we have a couple of seasoned QBs ready to back up Woody/Joey, instead of 1-2 freshmen.

6 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I believe and I think the coaches believe that Queen is never going to do more than get some consolation mop-up duty. We also have White and Stidham on track to leave simultaneously in 2018. That tells me that we need to add 2, so in 2019, we have a couple of seasoned QBs ready to back up Woody/Joey, instead of 1-2 freshmen.

If Stidham does not go pro early he would be here through 2019. But I think he will. Even still I don't see the staff signing 2 next class unless Sean or Woody left.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If Stidham does not go pro early he would be here through 2019. But I think he will. Even still I don't see the staff signing 2 next class unless Sean or Woody left.

I think that will be a mistake and put us potentially into the same position we were in the last 2 years. We don't even need 2 great signees... just one great signee and one who can drive the car if everyone else is unavailable. The coaches need to realize, like we do, that if Stidham is as good as he is, he's probably not going to be here in 2019.  

This seems to be a recurring Gus project. He never seems prepared to lose key guys early.

5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I think that will be a mistake and put us potentially into the same position we were in the last 2 years. We don't even need 2 great signees... just one great signee and one who can drive the car if everyone else is unavailable. The coaches need to realize, like we do, that if Stidham is as good as he is, he's probably not going to be here in 2019.  

This seems to be a recurring Gus project. He never seems prepared to lose key guys early.

I agree with everything you said but I still don't see them signing 2 next class at the risk of running off Joey unless we lose Sean or Woody. They have told him through his whole recruitment that he would be their only QB for the 2018 class.

Just now, ellitor said:

I agree with everything you said but I still don't see them signing 2 next class at the risk of running off Joey unless we lose Sean or Woody. They have told him through his whole recruitment that he would be their only QB for the 2018 class.

I would hope that they could sign a 3-star without running Joey off, but the game is the game.

Back to THIS Young MAN playing H Back. Yes please. Looks born to block.  

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

It's still unclear if Gatewood is a QB or some sort of hybrid TE/WR type. High school coaches are like all coaches, they want to win. QB is the most important position. I'm dubious about a kid that does not play QB on his HS team coming in and being a factor at QB in the SEC.

19 minutes ago, Mikey said:

It's still unclear if Gatewood is a QB or some sort of hybrid TE/WR type. High school coaches are like all coaches, they want to win. QB is the most important position. I'm dubious about a kid that does not play QB on his HS team coming in and being a factor at QB in the SEC.

He will play QB this year or transfer to a school that will let him play QB most likely. And he may not pan out in the end but he is a QB only to the AU staff right now.

3 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Yeah, lets get back to this young man and stop derailing the threads, we don't like it when others do that.

There's really nothing new to report on him til the dead period is over in 3 weeks. He is visiting January 20th & AU leads.

19 minutes ago, autan said:

Everyone says AU leads right now. E do you know who else gets an OV from CL?

Possibly Miami & Michigan. AU is the only 1 he has confirmed he will take though.

Looks like a great pick up. IMO we should go after an H-Back like this every other class. Love his ability to play special teams as well!

Archived