2017 3* HB Chase Lasater

ellitor

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. And  looks like he would be a terror on Special Teams..  I hope we get this kid but I have a feeling someone (UGA or a Florida school) is going to try to come in late and snatch him up.  Hope they don't have room.  I predict Lasiter will fall in love with Auburn on 1/20 so it may not make any difference.

2 hours ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Anything happening here? Need someone to give cox a break a few times a game

Still OVing the 20th. Asking for updates during the dead period is funny to me. They usually don't happen unless a recruit is in an all star game or commits or decommits from somewhere.

Note: Dead periods ends tonight at midnight.

37 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Still OVing the 20th. Asking for updates during the dead period is funny to me. They usually don't happen unless a recruit is in an all star game or commits or decommits from somewhere.

Note: Dead periods ends tonight at midnight.

Bout time it ends. Ready for more news. Thanks

54 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Love thus kid. AU needs to sign this kid as a buck. Great motor

He's not a buck. As a LB prospect he would be an inside backer.

7 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

With his size already he could move all over much like lawson with a few years of growth

He's not Carl. Different type of players.

Just now, FASTCOMPANY said:

Is this a first come, first serve thing between he and Johnston?                     

Johnston eliminated us

Rather have this kid than Johnston. I am as exited about this young man as any recruit this year not named Stidham. Any team needs 4,or 5 kids with this type of motor. Personally think 3 stars is low for him. Edit: Or Moultry.

rather have had johnstone....this staff had better stop passing on in-state kids that want to come to AU.....the state high school school coaches are not going to look kindly on this staff for passing on their kids

9 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

rather have had johnstone....this staff had better stop passing on in-state kids that want to come to AU.....the state high school school coaches are not going to look kindly on this staff for passing on their kids

Then they will have to look unkindly on Bama's staff as well because they didn't offer him at all. I get what you're saying, but CFB is a business and a prospect's zip code should not be a primary driver in his recruitment. I hope TJ enjoys a great college career but our staff has someone rated higher than him. 

7 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Well kinda. 

Well, after we told him there wasn't room, he eliminated us.

12 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

A decision has not been made if AU will take a FB in this class. The ball is in Lidnsey's hands so to speak. Should know by the time Gus does a in home this week, 

It will be interesting to see if CCL will look to bring in new talent.

I suggested last week I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't take TJ or CL even though many of us wanted both.   I guess we'll see pretty soon.

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

A decision has not been made if AU will take a FB in this class. The ball is in Lidnsey's hands so to speak. Should know by the time Gus does a in home this week, 

Yup. Chase's offer was not commitable going into the morning. That could change as WDE said above.

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yup. Chase's offer was not commitable going into the morning. That could change as WDE said above.

Pretty interesting dynamic here if I am reading between the lines.  If Chip decides to go with the offer then we accept Chase's commit.  If Chip decides to focus more on a true TE or neither,. Than that may open a slot for Johnson with a LB offer instead of the HB/TE we gave him.   

Archived