Bama OC

tomtomwde

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If St. Nick is successful in the rehab of two failed coaches, Kiffikins and Slobbering Sark, he will attain status as the Oral Roberts of coaching. LOL

12 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

A drunk for a coach at bama...imagine that.

I think they're hoping for another Bear when Saban leaves.

15 hours ago, 80Tiger said:

Drinks for everyone!!

I think Cutty Sark scotch would be the appropriate choice. 

4 hours ago, warhogone said:

If St. Nick is successful in the rehab of two failed coaches, Kiffikins and Slobbering Sark, he will attain status as the Oral Roberts of coaching. LOL

Well he failed with Rolando McClain. Not a coach I know but a similar rehab situation. Sark is a mess so this may be a disaster. I hope the man can reclaim his sobriety and be a success but in the extremely high stress environment of turdtown football it will be very difficult.

7 hours ago, warhogone said:

Years ago, I bought a couple of Oral Robert's 33 speed albums for spiritual needs. None would  play because the hole in the middle of the albums kept healing up.

Will we seen many changes taking place with Sark behind the wheel with one hand on the wheel and the other on a bottle of beer? The results will be far from sobering! Cheers folks, I'll drink to that!

I actually do not drink anything stronger than a raw sugar coke from Mexico. I do wish for Sark to remain sober and get beyond that point in his life. I do hope he has one too many glasses of prune juice before we play the turds next year at JHS.

Sabear will let him know what to expect. Sark knows that this is his second chance...if this position doesn't sober him up, nothing will. 

56 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Sabear will let him know what to expect. Sark knows that this is his second chance...if this position doesn't sober him up, nothing will. 

Most of the time addiction recovery does not work like that. Maybe Sark can be that rare case when it does. Kiffin's problems were caused by immaturity and a sense of entitlement. Being busted down to a lower position may again have woken him up. Sark's problems are life-threatening and on a much more serious level. I hope he makes it.

Kiffin is a very good OC and saban brilliantly made the right hire with Kiffin by realizing he (saban) needed to go outside of the box to take spuat to another level while keeping his foot on the throat of Kiffin to keep him in line.  That worked out pretty well.  Sark is a better OC than Kiffin and if saban can keep him sober (which I think saban can or he would not have promoted Sark) then this is not a good thing for us and the rest of the SEC West.

We need to roll Toomers when saban retires.

wde

2 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

Kiffin is a very good OC and saban brilliantly made the right hire with Kiffin by realizing he (saban) needed to go outside of the box to take spuat to another level while keeping his foot on the throat of Kiffin to keep him in line.  That worked out pretty well.  Sark is a better OC than Kiffin and if saban can keep him sober (which I think saban can or he would not have promoted Sark) then this is not a good thing for us and the rest of the SEC West.

wde

He previously OC at USC in 07 and 08 . Those were good teams. The avg 430 yds and 450 yds per game and avg in the 30's on scoring. Nothing shabby about that but I would put Kiffens past 3 years ahead of that.

Hard to imagine selling Sark to parents -- when he was fired from USC deadspin did a piece on him and this guy was ordering shots and beers before it was even lunch time. SHOTS OF TEQUILA AT LIKE 10:30 AM AND CHARGE IT TO THE SCHOOL CREDIT CARD lolll

57 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Hard to imagine selling Sark to parents -- when he was fired from USC deadspin did a piece on him and this guy was ordering shots and beers before it was even lunch time. SHOTS OF TEQUILA AT LIKE 10:30 AM AND CHARGE IT TO THE SCHOOL CREDIT CARD lolll

I know some people think I'm crazy, but all of the stuff happening at bama makes me think that Saban has finally moved into "don't give a s***" mode and is letting the O crash and burn.

3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I know some people think I'm crazy, but all of the stuff happening at bama makes me think that Saban has finally moved into "don't give a s***" mode and is letting the O crash and burn.

It's definitely a move that can burn them and then the hindsight-heavy question of "well you hired an out-of-control alcoholic and promoted him to be THE man on offense. What did you expect to happen?" will be everywhere.

5 minutes ago, Tiger said:

It's definitely a move that can burn them and then the hindsight-heavy question of "well you hired an out-of-control alcoholic and promoted him to be THE man on offense. What did you expect to happen?" will be everywhere.

WHILE letting the most prolific OC you've had at ANY school leave for a job that came with a $450,000 pay CUT.

I have to think there's more to this than Kiffin wanting to be a HC.  I think Saban wanted him gone or Kiffin wanted out at all costs.  I haven't figured out what the motivation for promoting a known time bomb is, however.

I hope that Kiffin calls the worst offensive game of his career as a goodbye present to old nick. That would be payback for all of the torture nick put him through. Bammer will drop off offensively next season. Mark my word! Saban wants to return to more of a pro-style offense in 2017.You will see a marked increase of plays called from the huddle and the QB under center. 

On 12/18/2016 at 3:55 PM, AUIH1 said:

wde

First......stop with the rolling Toomers over a midget bammer coach. It's a reinforcnement to the pathetic little brother myth. 

Second.....Sark is an addict. Ask any addict's family how well hyper vigilance works on keeping an addict from using. Addicts even find a way to get drugs in prison. saban may believe he is a god with super powers and we know the cult members believe it. But he is not going to do anything miraculous for Sark. There is probably a contract clause that includes therapy and AA meetings but beyond that there's nothing anyone else can do for the guy. As I said before....the high pressure,high stakes position of coaching at bammer is not ideal for substance abuse recovery. And part of an addict's life is the danger of relapsing when faced with a trigger. bammer football will be full of triggers. I hope Sark makes it but I am worried about the guy.

Archived