Bobby Greenwood

RVTiger

According to today's Montgomery Advertiser, Prattville's Bobby Greenwood will quietly annouce his decision sometime today. According to his coach, his decision is made and he will make the announcement after telling the other coaches. Let's hope he is an Auburn Tiger. Sounds like a fine young man.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
is that a prediction? if so ok if not.... Linky dinky linky dinky?

143246[/snapback]

Would not be that big a shock.

Has been a BAMA lean for a while.

Has them as "High" on Rivals & Scout.

We will be good without him...his loss.

WDE!!!

Guest Tigrinum Major
is that a prediction? if so ok if not.... Linky dinky linky dinky?

143246[/snapback]

Also being reported over on the Crimson Tusks forum with no link.

If true, that makes him their 74th commitment this year, doesn't it? Do they have some arrangement with the NCAA to allow them to sign as many as they want like back in the days of Th' Bahr????? I know they've always played by their own rules, but this is nuts.

If true, that makes him their 74th commitment this year, doesn't it?  Do they have some arrangement with the NCAA to allow them to sign as many as they want like back in the days of Th' Bahr?????  I know they've always played by their own rules, but this is nuts.

143264[/snapback]

Its well within the rules. Do you REALLY think we'd get away with it if it wasnt? Be reasonable.

Guest Tigrinum Major
If true, that makes him their 74th commitment this year, doesn't it?  Do they have some arrangement with the NCAA to allow them to sign as many as they want like back in the days of Th' Bahr?????  I know they've always played by their own rules, but this is nuts.

143264[/snapback]

Its well within the rules. Do you REALLY think we'd get away with it if it wasnt? Be reasonable.

143268[/snapback]

BG, I think you are being a touch melodramatic. TB pointed out that this was your 74th when he knew good and well that it was only your 45th. It was just a little :poke: .

On a more serious note, how many of the 32 or so that have committed will actually be wearing jerseys and helmets on Saturdays next fall?

I think the real question is : How many of them will even be able to dress themselves by next fall. Their combined GPA's are almost half of their star ratings.

I think the real question is : How many of them will even be able to dress themselves by next fall. Their combined GPA's are almost half of their star ratings.

143274[/snapback]

Interesting that you would say that in THIS thread...considering that Bobby Greenwood was also being courted by Vanderbilt. We have 32 guys. 3 greyshirts. 1 Bryant Scholly. 1 possible defection. That leaves 2 possible academic casualties. No big deal IMO.

I don't think they have that many academic casualties in their class...maybe 5 or 6 out of 30?

Guys, there is no need to trash Bama's commits. We're in good shape. Bama had immediate playing time at a major SEC school to offer to these kids. We didn't have that same ability plus we can only sign 19 or 20 because we didn't lose much to graduation.

i never expect to get players out of prattville. greenwood's a good player and a good pickup for them. personally, i never thought we had a shot so i didn't care bout getting him. prattville, for whatever reason, is like a haven for bama players. one of those uncanny things like our success in fort lauderdale, fl.

143264[/snapback]

Why not? uat got "AWAY WITH IT" for many-many-many-many-many-many years.

:rolleyes:

From the Videos of Greenwood, from Countdown To Signing Day, it looks like he's kinda skinny and he comes off of the ball Straight up............and against an SEC Tackle (ie M & M), it ain't gonna cut it.......Is he more of a Pass Rusher type? bammer will put the weight on 'em, once he gets down there........I really didn't think that we'd get alot of DEnds this year......We didn't want him anyway :big: ........and Dang it WarTim I just yawned

I think some of you guys are forgetting the fact that uat has been eaten up by probation for the last couple of years. Their overall talent level isn't on par with the rest of the SEC, to say the least. They're also fresh off their second non-winning season in a row.

Basically, they have the room to sign 81 players right now...but more importantly, why do you care so much anyway? :huh:

Archived