Bobby Greenwood

RVTiger

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think some of you guys are forgetting the fact that uat has been eaten up by probation for the last couple of years.  Their overall talent level isn't on par with the rest of the SEC, to say the least.  They're also fresh off their second non-winning season in a row.

Basically, they have the room to sign 81 players right now...but more importantly, why do you care so much anyway?  :huh:

143352[/snapback]

Yeah it has nothing to do with injuries...its all because our talent sucks. <_<

We didn't want him anyway :big:

143351[/snapback]

I'uz

143385[/snapback]

WTF? was that english? wow! :blink:

143387[/snapback]

That's what you would call.........bamerbonics......kinda like Trudision

We didn't want him anyway :big:

143351[/snapback]

I'uz

143385[/snapback]

WTF? was that english? wow! :blink:

143387[/snapback]

That's what you would call.........bamerbonics......kinda like Trudision

143391[/snapback]

yeah i was wondering if i was just out of the loop as far as street talk or if it's really true what they say about those bamerboobs! :ua: :biggun: :au:

Prowler, jc4.... you'uns (ask someone from Tennessee) jist don' have no sense of humor 'tall, do ya?

Btw, why do you continually misspell 'tradition' and 'Bear'?

We're just trying to put them into words that yall can understand..... :big:

Yeah it has nothing to do with injuries...its all because our talent sucks.  <_<

Lack of depth is playing a big role in those injuries. There are individuals on the starting lineup that can cut it, but as a whole, the talent level isn't up there. But you're signing a boat load, uat will improve in a couple of years. My question is can Shula improve...

On a more serious note, how many of the 32 or so that have committed will actually be wearing jerseys and helmets on Saturdays next fall?

143271[/snapback]

I'm sure we'll have at least 25 comming in with one more as the Bryant Sch. and an invited walk-on for K. Shula has been quoted as saying as many as last year will prob. see playing time (about 11).

Hope this helps. Roll Tide. :thumbsup:

I would hope uat regularly has eleven on the field at one time. :blink:

Yeah it has nothing to do with injuries...its all because our talent sucks.  <_<

Lack of depth is playing a big role in those injuries. There are individuals on the starting lineup that can cut it, but as a whole, the talent level isn't up there. But you're signing a boat load, uat will improve in a couple of years. My question is can Shula improve...

143430[/snapback]

Improve what? Improve his record in the sec while playing 3rd and 4th stringers at every position? He had us in every game this year. Even with "subpar" talent as youve already told us.

So which is it? Either we have talented players and SHOULD win ballgames...but dont because Shula is a bad coach...or we have won games (and been in every game) IN SPITE of the lack of talent and massive breakout of injuries.

You can't have it both ways. We play football in the greatest conference in the land...and we have had a chance to win every game in the 4th quarter. Shula puts those guys there...they have failed to execute at times...mostly because they are freshmen..or 3rd stringers.

You guys like to slam Shula based on his record. Lets see what he can do with a healthy season...similar to the one you guys were fortunate enough to have last year.

143430[/snapback]

Improve what? Improve his record in the sec while playing 3rd and 4th stringers at every position? He had us in every game this year. Even with "subpar" talent as youve already told us.

So which is it? Either we have talented players and SHOULD win ballgames...but dont because Shula is a bad coach...or we have won games (and been in every game) IN SPITE of the lack of talent and massive breakout of injuries.

You can't have it both ways. We play football in the greatest conference in the land...and we have had a chance to win every game in the 4th quarter. Shula puts those guys there...they have failed to execute at times...mostly because they are freshmen..or 3rd stringers.

You guys like to slam Shula based on his record. Lets see what he can do with a healthy season...similar to the one you guys were fortunate enough to have last year.

143457[/snapback]

BG.......Look at your last post.....Your bammer BB Players are Laughing at it..... :roflol::roflol::roflol:

Shula gave you a chance to win EVERY game in the 4th quarter? Nah.

Ark L 27-10

SC L 20-3

LSU L 26-10

Those teams ran away from you in the fourth quarter. I just think if he was that good, he'd be able to beat at least one team he shouldn't have. Shula hasn't impressed me with anything...just my opinion.

Shula hasn't proven anything one way or the other yet. He still might turn out to be a good coach, but he could still be bad, we really don't know. One thing is for sure though, and that is that we do have a good coach here on the Plains, and hopefully he'll be here for a while (just like Bama fans used to say they wanted). So even if Shula does work out, that doesn't guarantee them anything as far as beating us is concerned.

We're just trying to put them into words that yall can understand..... :big:

143420[/snapback]

Now, Prowler, that what I'uz gonna say about I'uz. :P

143430[/snapback]

143457[/snapback]

First BG, 3rd and 4th stringers were playing at running back only. That's a lame excuse, period! You had a backup at qb, an occasional backups at a few other positions. Just leave that excuse at the door. (also see Trey Smith)

Secondly, everyone has a chance to win in the 4th quarter by your standards. Big freakin deal. With a schedule like you guys had, I'd hope you had a chance. Bottom line is you didn't. Get over it. Oh wait! Yes, you did have the talent to get it done. See bottom line...................

First BG, 3rd and 4th stringers were playing at running back only. That's a lame excuse, period! You had a backup at qb

This shows how much you know about Bama football... Pennington, played QB the entire season after Croyle and our backup QB (Guillion) were injured. He was our 3rd string QB.

First BG, 3rd and 4th stringers were playing at running back only. That's a lame excuse, period! You had a backup at qb, an occasional backups at a few other positions. Just leave that excuse at the door. (also see Trey Smith)

143471[/snapback]

We lost our entire starting backfield (Brodie at QB, Hudson at TB, Castille at FB). Spencer Pennington was not Brodie's backup but had to play when Guillon hurt his back. Darby suffered a torn stomach muscle and both Britt and Mathis were hobbled on the OL. So, we were down to a third-team QB, a third-team TB (who was also hurt), a second-team FB, and our two best OL who couldn't go full speed. Now, this is no excuse. It's fact. I'd wager that, had y'all lost Campbell, Williams, and Brown, you woud not have gone 13-0. However, like the man said, "If 'ifs' and 'buts' were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas."

I can't say what kind of record Bama would have had w/o all the injuries, but I feel confident it would have been better than our 6-6 final mark.

Shula gave you a chance to win EVERY game in the 4th quarter?  Nah.

Ark L 27-10

SC L 20-3

LSU L 26-10

Those teams ran away from you in the fourth quarter.  I just think if he was that good, he'd be able to beat at least one team he shouldn't have.  Shula hasn't impressed me with anything...just my opinion.

143466[/snapback]

The arkansas game WAS close in the 4th Q. The only reason the score was that high was because we had to go for it on 4th down and they ran it up.

The SC game was the NEXT week when Spencer had to go in during the middle of the game.

You must not have watched the LSU game.

And EXPLAYER14, we also missed the services of starting TE Cavan, 2nd string TE Johnston. True freshman Davidson had to play that spot. We also had to play walkons at fullback when McClain was hampered by an ankle injury. And had to start a true freshman 4th stringer in the MCB.

And for the record, I can't freaking wait till Tre Smith gets abused by our dline this year. I am so sick of hearing about that kid. He had one game 3 years ago...and you guys cant mention his NAME without trying to remind us about him. Yes we know he had a good game against Bama. Yes, we remember it. Yes we also know he likes to fumble punts. Yes we remember him running his mouth after the Iron Bowl. BFD guys. You say we cant let stuff go...you've been riding that tre smith game for 3 years now. OMG you guys remember Santonio Beard? Geez...he ran for like a buck-eighty against you guys in 2001. You remember him? huh? huh? Sounds stupid doesnt it?

Shula hasn't proven anything one way or the other yet. He still might turn out to be a good coach, but he could still be bad, we really don't know....

143468[/snapback]

That's what I've been saying all along.

Roll Tide Roll :ua:

Back to Greenwood though. All accounts are he's a class kid, great student and heckuva' player. Good pick up for Bama and would have really bolstered our class had we landed him. Congrats.

greenwood will probably get a chance to play MORE early at bama b/c here he'd be joining on as the 5th or 6th (or lower) guy in the rotation (tre smith torched bama). it'll be interesting to me to see how soon he can contribute (seriously, he was 185 pound freshman 3rd string tailback). i think it's a really good pick up for bama, but really i think any solid player is a good pickup for bama b/c i think the talent's low (it wasn't in 2002 when smith ran up and down the field against "the number one defense in the nation").

oh and tre smith is back next year so that should make for good times come iron bowl time. :)

143471[/snapback]

We lost our entire starting backfield (Brodie at QB, Hudson at TB, Castille at FB). Spencer Pennington was not Brodie's backup but had to play when Guillon hurt his back. Darby suffered a torn stomach muscle and both Britt and Mathis were hobbled on the OL. So, we were down to a third-team QB, a third-team TB (who was also hurt), a second-team FB, and our two best OL who couldn't go full speed. Now, this is no excuse. It's fact.

143476[/snapback]

I still believe that Bammer has issues with conditioning. There were way too many injuries last season for it to be just "bad luck".

And for the record, I can't freaking wait till Tre Smith gets abused by our dline this year. I am so sick of hearing about that kid. He had one game 3 years ago...

I think the point of the "Tre Smith" argument is the fact that Auburn won, soundly, with injuries with a TRUE FRESHMAN...if uat won a big game with injuries, we'd never hear the end of it as well. I mean, you're saying now that uat kept up with ALL of their opponents in the 4th quarter this past year, eventhough uat ended at 6-6. I can't imagine what you'd be saying if they won.

Also, the disrespect from your former coach that week didn't help either...karma and all.

Archived