Bobby Greenwood

RVTiger

greenwood will probably get a chance to play MORE early at bama b/c here he'd be joining on as the 5th or 6th (or lower) guy in the rotation (tre smith torched bama). it'll be interesting to me to see how soon he can contribute (seriously, he was 185 pound freshman 3rd string tailback). i think it's a really good pick up for bama, but really i think any solid player is a good pickup for bama b/c i think the talent's low (it wasn't in 2002 when smith ran up and down the field against "the number one defense in the nation").

oh and tre smith is back next year so that should make for good times come iron bowl time. :)

143490[/snapback]

I can't stand hearing about tre smith either but this is a funny post. Reminds me of Kevin Nealon on SNL. :D:D

Roll Tide :ua:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Improve what? Improve his record in the sec while playing 3rd and 4th stringers at every position?

BG this was your quote. Every position. You said it. It is wrong. Period! End of story.

WDE!!! :au:

First BG, 3rd and 4th stringers were playing at running back only. That's a lame excuse, period! You had a backup at qb, an occasional backups at a few other positions. Just leave that excuse at the door. (also see Trey Smith)

143471[/snapback]

We lost our entire starting backfield (Brodie at QB, Hudson at TB, Castille at FB). Spencer Pennington was not Brodie's backup but had to play when Guillon hurt his back. Darby suffered a torn stomach muscle and both Britt and Mathis were hobbled on the OL. So, we were down to a third-team QB, a third-team TB (who was also hurt), a second-team FB, and our two best OL who couldn't go full speed. Now, this is no excuse. It's fact.

143476[/snapback]

I still believe that Bammer has issues with conditioning. There were way too many injuries last season for it to be just "bad luck".

143491[/snapback]

uhh, i'm no doctor, but i dont think there is any type of conditioning you can do for acl injuries, or concussions. those are just freak injuries that happen. if it were conditioning, you would have seen more injuries on defense. that being said, once we lost darby in the lsu game, we did not have a D-1 tailback on the roster. still i cant contribute our bad offense completely on injuries. the main reason i think our offense was bad is that croyle got every rep in fall practice(putting all our eggs in one basket) because he did not get to participate in spring practice. then, once he went down, the other two QBs were totally incompetent because they really didnt know what they were doing out there.

I am tired of hearing that Shula hasn't proven anything! Give the guy a break!!! He proved that he can use the "F" word as any part of a sentence. He also proved that "UH" and "MMMM" still have a place in the english language. He proved that some schools still get excited when they beat Miss. State. He proved that Hawaii and Northern Ill. are forces to be reckoned with. Must I continue....

I am tired of hearing that Shula hasn't proven anything!  Give the guy a break!!!  He proved that he can use the "F" word as any part of a sentence.  He also proved that "UH" and "MMMM" still have a place in the english language.  He proved that some schools still get excited when they beat Miss. State.  He proved that Hawaii and Northern Ill. are forces to be reckoned with.  Must I continue....

143534[/snapback]

Classy post, 280. :blink:

Archived