2017 QB thread (Merged)

aubiefifty

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course going into 2016 we had a dream RB pool of proven returners and untested talent. It worked out in the end - starting our 3d/4th string RB against UGa, Vandy & Bama notwithstanding - but things were a bit different by August weren't they (Mr. Pettway says Amen). I got yer realistic worst case right here...

1. Stidham injured

2. Sean's chronic injuries take a long term toll with lost zip on even mid distance throws (I don't see the guy transferring from AU - ever)

3. Woody starts but is a redshirt freshman turnover machine so rotates with Jason Smith:big: (this is fun)

4. JF3 doesn't improve

5. Queen transfers

6. Willis is a deer in headlights

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Worst case scenario:

1. Stidham goes down

2. White goes down

3. Woody goes down

4. Queen goes down

5. Cox goes down

6. Franklin starts

Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines. If we see Franklin as the starter something horrible has happened.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Worst case scenario:

1. Stidham goes down

2. White goes down

3. Woody goes down

4. Queen goes down

5. Cox goes down

6. Franklin starts

You left out Malik going down.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Worst case scenario:

1. Stidham goes down

2. White goes down

3. Woody goes down

4. Queen goes down

5. Cox goes down

6. Franklin starts

heck i just read where au docs are looking at franklins hand because of sever cramping. it seems the auburn game he took himself out of was the worst cramping he has had since he has been playing. so bad he could not grip the ball. i feel bad cus i thought he was being a brat or something so my apologies mr franklin.......

They're forced to pull a kid out if the student section to suit up & play QB!  

12 hours ago, ausoldiergrad said:

I just had a premonition of going into next season with two QBs sharing time....Gustav...no!

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Worst case scenario:

1. Stidham goes down

2. White goes down

3. Woody goes down

4. Queen goes down

5. Cox goes down

6. Franklin starts

While not singling out Mr. Franklin, this is my fear (snakebite wound still not entirely healed).

To the OP -If by some chance we actually have at least two serviceable QBs to share time, I'll be more than happy to let coaches figure out best use.

Worst case scenario:

Stidham decides to quit and transfers to LSU.

White's arms are cut off in a freak boating accident on Lake Martin, but doesn't tell the coaches.  Gus doesn't notice that White has no arms and doesn't take him out against UGA.  UGA wins 2-0. 

New AU President Bobby Lowder gives JJ a ten-year extension.

I love everything Auburn and i love being around a bunch of like-minded individuals, BUT, Auburn people just seem to have it in their DNA to expect the worst and live with what happens. JMHO Sorry if I sound negative. 

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Worst case scenario:

1. Stidham goes down

2. White goes down

3. Woody goes down

4. Queen goes down

5. Cox goes down

6. Franklin starts

You forgot Frazier

52 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

Malzahn calls the plays.

ding ding ring a ding ding we have a winner. A Auburn fan worst living nightmare... Gus getting back out the clipboard. Which means Chandler Cox at QB!

On January 26, 2017 at 10:04 AM, aubcali said:

Worst case scenario:

Stidham decides to quit and transfers to LSU.

White's arms are cut off in a freak boating accident on Lake Martin, but doesn't tell the coaches.  Gus doesn't notice that White has no arms and doesn't take him out against UGA.  UGA wins 2-0. 

New AU President Bobby Lowder gives JJ a ten-year extension.

Not only sounds reasonable, but sounds probable.

I expect to see an offense that is built around Stidham's strengths which also coincides with our young WR strengths and a continued power run game.  Less of the gimmicks, deeper straight QB drops to allow them to see the field better, some actual pump fakes and use of all the field.  That type of offense would also fit into White's skill set, Queen(if he recovers) and Barrett and Miller are both so raw they can be developed to run this offense.  If Franklin can slow down a bit, he could be a dynamic weapon in small doses

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I hope woody is fast tracking on his maturity.  I do not trust SW durability. 

Wasn't there something reported recently that he won't be ready to go through spring practice?  

I doubt we know the extent of his injuries nor how many he had and to what body parts.

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

Wasn't there something reported recently that he won't be ready to go through spring practice?  

I doubt we know the extent of his injuries nor how many he had and to what body parts.

Yep someone referenced an article about it on this thread 

2 hours ago, oracle79 said:

What Gus said is that he hoped he would be ready to throw by Spring practice. He broke his arm, so you are looking at 6-8 weeks of healing, plus some time to shake off the rust.  Since Spring practice starts on 2/28 and he broke his arm on 1/2, it's going to be cutting it close.

On 1/26/2017 at 0:53 AM, DAG said:

Huh? Pat yourself on the back big guy. You got it, right. The general consensus did not know what we had on Cam Newton. A broken clock is right twice a day.

But here you go

This broken clock has had FAR more accurate predictions about AU seasons than inaccurate...big guy.

Follow my predictions and you'll make more in Vegas than you ever have.

8 hours ago, DAG said:

I hope woody is fast tracking on his maturity.  I do not trust SW durability. 

I trust SW's durability as much I do Woody's QB ability (given who recruited and offered Woody a scholly).   The signing of JF3 should forever give any AU fan pause before they proclaim a new QB signed under the Gus Malzahn regime as being even a competent SEC QB.  Stidham was a no brainer and is already developed.

wde

3 hours ago, VipersStrike1 said:

This broken clock has had FAR more accurate predictions about AU seasons than inaccurate...big guy.

Follow my predictions and you'll make more in Vegas than you ever have.

OHHHHHHH Now, I remember you

giphy.gif

50 minutes ago, DAG said:

OHHHHHHH Now, I remember you

You should. One guy followed my predictions years ago on a forum unbeknownst to me and asked me for my address at the end of the season to send me a "tip." A week later, I opened an envelope with $800 in cash.

If that was merely 15% in "waiter tip," the guy made $5333 off my predictions.

NOW do you remember me...big guy?

Archived