Men vs. Mercer - Game Thread

WarTiger

How many 3-pt shot is Auburn going to let them make????

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wiley and Dunans in the lane, both staring up at the rim. Mercer gets the rebound while neither do the simple, 3rd grade move of stepping in front of the offense and blocking out. 

2 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Odd game when Danjel isn't in the lineup at crunch time. 

He has 4 fouls and been less than effective today. 

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

67-66, Mecer 2:37 left to play. Not going to get any referee help the rest of the way. This has been one of the poorest called games I've ever seen

Indeed but it has been both ways. AU is in the position they are in because they have been woefully lazy on defense and on the boards. 

Just now, jared52 said:

Mercer has 40 rebounds to AU's 28. 

We don't practice rebounding. There's no way we do. I'm not sure I've ever seen a whole team care so little about rebounding. Same goes for running any actual offense. I swear we must just practice in bounds plays and then scrimmage the rest of practice. Not a single other thing we actually do well. Might cost us a loss to a very poor Mercer team and thus the NCAA tourney...

YES... Travel on Mercer... Auburn ball 1:02 to play.  Let's go Auburn.  Timeout Auburn.  Each team has 2 timeouts remaining.

If we ever become a team we could be dangerous. I'd guess we look like a top tier SEC team next year. Lots of errors with this young team. Get some rebounding and assists and look out. Until then, this struggle is what we have. 

Auburn inbounding and Mercer fouls Heron.   Heron will shoot 2.   1st no good.  2nd good.  72-69   21.7 seconds remain.

Heron fouled on the inbounds again.  8.2 seconds left.  Auburn leads 72-71.    Heron at the line.  1st no good.  2nd good.  73-71

Archived