4_3642012.png

Phenix City, AL (Central)

Ht 6-3 Wt 185

11 major offers including AU, Bama, Florida, FSU, UGA, Michigan, & USCw

Shaping up to be an AU-Bama battle

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice interview here and they have him listed as the No 1 recruit from AL next year.  link  I could not get the link to the interview so you will have to go to link to here full interview.

Four-star receiver Justyn Ross of Phenix City (Ala.) Central, the No. 1 junior recruit for the state of Alabama in the 247Sports Composite, plans to take multiple college trips in 2018.

Right now, though, the person he'll make them with is overseas.

"I plan on taking a whole bunch of visits to my top schools when my mom comes back from her deployment in Kuwait," Ross said.

Ross' mother, Charay Franklin, is a member of the National Guard.

"It's real difficult but this is like her third time doing it, so I'm kind of getting used to it," Ross said. "I just know she's going to come back in one piece. She's a great role model because she's a great woman. She's been independent and takes care of me as good as she can."

Once Franklin returns home, the 6-feet-3, 185-pound Ross will be busy. He holds offers from many of the country's top programs.

According to Ross, he has visited Auburn and Alabama the most. He mentioned Florida and Florida State as schools he'd like to check out in the future.

Ultimately, he'd like to pick his college next summer.

Regarding the Tigers, he called Auburn a "great program" that is "always going to be a good team."

And ...

"They're like 20 minutes up the road," Ross said. "I have a good relationship with them. I can go there any time I want to. Me and (receiver coach Kodi Burns), we talk probably every day."

One of Ross' former teammates, cornerback John Broussard, is an Auburn freshman.

"He doesn't really pressure me about it; he tells me eveyrhting about it, how good of a family it is, how everybody is with each other and has everybody's back," Ross said.

Seems like a nice kid and also very talented. But most importantly I would like to thank his mother for her service to our country

COME ON KODICAT!!!! shut me up when I say you are a terrible recruiter!! REEL THIS BIG FISH IN!!! WOOOO!!!!!!! #WDE

1 hour ago, lkeel75 said:

I could not get the link to the interview

Just go to the War Eagle Sports Radio page, click on the link to the video you want, on the next page there are 4 different colored dots, click on the one that has </>, copy the embed code, come back here and click source in the left hand side of the dialogue box, Paste the embed code you just copied and voila

16 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

COME ON KODICAT!!!! shut me up when I say you are a terrible recruiter!! REEL THIS BIG FISH IN!!! WOOOO!!!!!!! #WDE

Rhett recruits Phenix City and is the lead recruiter here.

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Rhett recruits Phenix City and is the lead recruiter here.

well the article said nothing about rhett. it did however said he talks to kodi every day so what I say seems like is justified. WOOOOOOO!!! war damn kodicat!

On 12/23/2016 at 0:29 PM, GwillMac6 said:

well the article said nothing about rhett. it did however said he talks to kodi every day so what I say seems like is justified. WOOOOOOO!!! war damn kodicat!

Just pointing out Rhett is listed as the lead recruiter on Rivals and 247. That could be wrong or JR may not have been asked about Rhett.

I know for a fact that sometimes they post the wrong lead recruiters, I also know that sometimes the lead recruiter changes, and sometimes even though there is one lead recruiter named that it's a team effort at times and two guys will talk to a recruit and neither spend more time than another

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I know for a fact that sometimes they post the wrong lead recruiters, I also know that sometimes the lead recruiter changes, and sometimes even though there is one lead recruiter named that it's a team effort at times and two guys will talk to a recruit and neither spend more time than another

This is all true. I still don't know that Kodi has taken the lead on Ross yet though.

I'd love to have this kid but I can't get excited until I see this staff utilize the talent we have in the passing game.  Look what we just signed last year.  I'm not being negative but until we scrap our route tree and start running routes that use the whole field it won't matter if we recruit Jerry Rice  and Cliff Branch with Tony Gonzalez at TE.  We have talent at the position right now.  You can't have 4 WRs run long developing routes downfield on 3rd and 7 when the defense is blitzing unless you plan on your QB either getting killed in 2.5 seconds or running for a 1st down.  Our routes consist of go long or WR screen.  It is the single most irritating part of our offense.

19 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

I'd love to have this kid but I can't get excited until I see this staff utilize the talent we have in the passing game.  Look what we just signed last year.  I'm not being negative but until we scrap our route tree and start running routes that use the whole field it won't matter if we recruit Jerry Rice  and Cliff Branch with Tony Gonzalez at TE.  We have talent at the position right now.  You can't have 4 WRs run long developing routes downfield on 3rd and 7 when the defense is blitzing unless you plan on your QB either getting killed in 2.5 seconds or running for a 1st down.  Our routes consist of go long or WR screen.  It is the single most irritating part of our offense.

Couldn't agree more and add in a few TE plays to kill the LB's when they Blitz.

• 1 month later...

Props to Justyn. He got a 5th star from Rivals today. He now only needs a combined 9 spot jump from any of the sites to be a composite 5 star.

Ross is a huge measuring stick for our new "offense" this year unless he just hits it off with coaches from another school.  Our offense does what it needs to do and I think we get him.

• 2 weeks later...

Doing his best MJ impression: link

Sorry the twitter link didn't post.  You will have to go to the article to see it

Justyn Ross of Phenix City (Ala.) Central, the No. 1 football recruit in the state of Alabama and one of Auburn's top overall targets, was messing around with friends at a local gym Wednesday when he decided to do his best imitation of famed basketball players Michael Jordan and Julius Erving.

Jordan and Erving, as some may recall, had memorable foul line dunks in slam competitions.

Ross, who is 6-feet-3, 185 pounds, attempted to do the same -- and he came awfully close. Taking off from just inside the foul line, he threw down this tunderous dunk.

How far did Ross go?

Well, consider this: Per livestrong.com, "The free-throw line is about 13 feet horizontally from the front edge of the hoop."

59 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I just wish we had the video of Bruce lee fighting in the background.

I wish Ross would commit soon. He is one of our top recruits this year. I would love to have him in the house and recruiting for us. 

1 hour ago, JFDTiger80 said:

I wish Ross would commit soon. He is one of our top recruits this year. I would love to have him in the house and recruiting for us. 

do not think we see any movement on that till his mom gets back from overseas serving our country this summer.

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

do not think we see any movement on that till his mom gets back from overseas serving our country this summer.

And has real evidence of us having a passing attack.

Archived