2018 4* WR Justyn Ross

ellitor

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Maybe if he didn’t get a championship. I bet he does wonder every blue moon though. 

touche fammy.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BY JORDAN D. HILL

jhill@ledger-enquirer.com

Thursday proved to be anything but a normal day at work for Charay Franklin, mother of five-star recruit Justyn Ross.

Franklin, who works at Blue Cross Blue Shield in Midland, was visited at work by Alabama head coach Nick Saban. Saban, along with new Alabama offensive coordinator Mike Locksley, dropped by to meet with Franklin again and discuss Ross’ potential future with the Crimson Tide.

Franklin explained she had coordinated Saban’s visit about two weeks ago, which meant she was prepared to welcome the six-time national champion at her office. What she wasn’t prepared for was the pandemonium that ensued in the office.

Cameras flashed and people crowded around, eager to get a glimpse of the Alabama head coach in person.

“It was something to see,” Franklin said. “I didn’t realize it was going to be such a big thing. I didn’t tell many people — maybe one or two — about (Saban coming). It became a whole fiasco. It was crazy.”

Franklin said Saban coming by and taking photos with her co-workers gave her a really good feeling. Franklin added she’s met with the head coaches at Auburn and Clemson, the other two finalists her son has named.

1118_COSP_Central Lee 340
Franklin's son, Central wide receiver Justyn Ross, is one of the most coveted players in Alabama. Plays like this catch against Lee-Montgomery on Nov. 16 explain why.
Special to the Ledger-EnquirerDarrell Roaden

Franklin said it’s starting to sink how how big of a deal her son is on the football recruiting landscape. It’s been a wild ride for Ross and Franklin alike, and Franklin has given her son some advice on his final decision.

“I’ve just told him to go to a school that makes you feel comfortable,” Franklin said. “I understand football is a big part of it, but go somewhere where you can get your education and where it feels like home. Don’t go somewhere because other people want you to go. Go where you want to go.”

The days are winding down before Ross makes his final decision. According to his mother, Ross still hasn’t made up his mind on his destination.

“He’s still battling it out with three schools in his head and figuring out what’s best for him,” Franklin said.

28 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I wish he'd commit to Bama or Clemson already so I can move this thread to the Rivals Section already.

COME ON CLEMSON! Even though I despise dabo with a passion.

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

I wish he'd commit to Bama or Clemson already so I can move this thread to the Rivals Section already.

:thumbsdown: C'mon, man. Don't get weak in the 4th quarter. One of these years we are going to catch a break or three on signing day. This may be the time!

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not sure why AU even has him in on a visit. This guy has been Bama the whole time, trying to build up drama by leading Clemson on. I guess you have to try when so much time has been invested recruiting a player. 

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

BY JORDAN D. HILL

Thursday proved to be anything but a normal day at work for Charay Franklin, mother of five-star recruit Justyn Ross.

Franklin, who works at Blue Cross Blue Shield in Midland, was visited at work by Alabama head coach Nick Saban. Saban, along with new Alabama offensive coordinator Mike Locksley, dropped by to meet with Franklin again and discuss Ross’ potential future with the Crimson Tide.

Franklin explained she had coordinated Saban’s visit about two weeks ago, which meant she was prepared to welcome the six-time national champion at her office. What she wasn’t prepared for was the pandemonium that ensued in the office.

Cameras flashed and people crowded around, eager to get a glimpse of the Alabama head coach in person.

“It was something to see,” Franklin said. “I didn’t realize it was going to be such a big thing. I didn’t tell many people — maybe one or two — about (Saban coming). It became a whole fiasco. It was crazy.”

Franklin said Saban coming by and taking photos with her co-workers gave her a really good feeling. Franklin added she’s met with the head coaches at Auburn and Clemson, the other two finalists her son has named.

Franklin's son, Central wide receiver Justyn Ross, is one of the most coveted players in Alabama. Plays like this catch against Lee-Montgomery on Nov. 16 explain why.

Franklin said it’s starting to sink how how big of a deal her son is on the football recruiting landscape. It’s been a wild ride for Ross and Franklin alike, and Franklin has given her son some advice on his final decision.

“I’ve just told him to go to a school that makes you feel comfortable,” Franklin said. “I understand football is a big part of it, but go somewhere where you can get your education and where it feels like home. Don’t go somewhere because other people want you to go. Go where you want to go.”

The days are winding down before Ross makes his final decision. According to his mother, Ross still hasn’t made up his mind on his destination.

“He’s still battling it out with three schools in his head and figuring out what’s best for him,” Franklin said.

I thought she was in the military?

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

BY JORDAN D. HILL

I guess she will be getting a new job in t-town or some where close as soon as JR is signed. Saban is his own bag man, who knew.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Just go ahead and move it, he gone. We need other positions worse any way.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

I'll hold out hope thru this weekend given that he's OV in Auburn today.  Not sure we need him in this class given our numbers, but I don't underestimate the impact an OV on campus can have.

46 minutes ago, kd4au said:

Just go ahead and move it, he gone. We need other positions worse any way.

Can't. He's uncommitted & OVing AU right now.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

:thumbsdown: C'mon, man. Don't get weak in the 4th quarter. One of these years we are going to catch a break or three on signing day. This may be the time!

Meh. I don't care to add him. We are stacked at WR in the class & have other pressing needs at other positions.

Just now, shabby said:

Good Lord could we actually lose him before decrying how we didn't need him anyway?

That is actually the case in this instance. We do have a stacked WR class if we hold on to hill and he signs. This is fact and not just sour grapes.

1 hour ago, shabby said:

Good Lord could we actually lose him before decrying how we didn't need him anyway?

Ummm. FTR some have been expressing that opinion since we took the lead with Schwartz as the 4th WR in the class over a month ago. It's not a new POV.

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

I wish you would say bump it and do it now.

1 hour ago, weathergeakal said:

Whats wrong with dabo?? I really like him

ummmmmm he is bama to the core. Why WOULD I like him? He has beat us 4 straight times to.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

ummmmmm he is bama to the core. Why WOULD I like him? He has beat us 4 straight times to.

He's a great coach

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He's a great coach

Can I not dislike great coaches?! lol. He absolutely is. Does not mean I like the dude. Same with Saban who is the GOAT.

Archived