2018 4* WR Justyn Ross

ellitor

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

wait you have known this whole time and did not say anything?!?! lol. I am impressed.

Nothing is definite yet. It’s only 9:30, but this one got a lot closer awhile ago. 

2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Nothing is definite yet. It’s only 9:30, but this one got a lot closer awhile ago. 

lol yah I will be nervously sweating this one out till he announces. It feels like this could go back and forth a few times.

2 minutes ago, CJ4Six said:

Benjamin Wolk over on SEC Country has live updates from today and says all three teams are in it. I thought this was over and Bama had him. Hope he comes to the good guys!

National Signing Day: Projected Auburn recruiting signees, commitments, live updates

dangit! the 2 most reliable AU guys wolk and keith are not giving me the warm and fuzzies yet like at other places lol.

I do not want to get myself too excited about this potential news. If it happens, it will be great. Remember, we have a very good receiving class already. 

3 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

I do not want to get myself too excited about this potential news. If it happens, it will be great. Remember, we have a very good receiving class already. 

I was a junior in high school (07) the last time we got the number 1 ranked player in alabama! I want it to happen just because of that.

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I was a junior in high school (07) the last time we got the number 1 ranked player in alabama! I want it to happen just because of that.

That may be true, according to some rankings. However, IMHO, Asa Martin is the best prospect in Alabama this year. bamzo reporters want to claim otherwise, but that's MY ranking and I'm sticking to it!

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol yah I will be nervously sweating this one out till he announces. It feels like this could go back and forth a few times.

Yeah after what happened in 2014 I think we’re all weary. Staff won’t get bamboozled again. 

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That may be true, according to some rankings. However, IMHO, Asa Martin is the best prospect in Alabama this year. bamzo reporters want to claim otherwise, but that's MY ranking and I'm sticking to it!

I like it!!! he certainly showed it on the field.

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

Yeah after what happened in 2014 I think we’re all weary. Staff won’t get bamboozled again. 

Some AU places are REALLY confident. Other AU sites are cautiously optimistic. Then you got keith and wolk being the wet blankets! SO weird so many different opinions covering the same team! lol

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I get it. I have TONS of reasons I want him, including the fact that he is a special talent. I have seen rumors like this happen a lot in past years with mixed results. BTW, where does Nix rank in the recruiting class in Alabama for 2019? Not sure if anyone would be deserving of a higher ranking.

Just now, JFDTiger80 said:

I get it. I have TONS of reasons I want him, including the fact that he is a special talent. I have seen rumors like this happen a lot in past years with mixed results. BTW, where does Nix rank in the recruiting class in Alabama for 2019? Not sure if anyone would be deserving of a higher ranking.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=AL 4th

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Thanks. Nix in 4th. The 3 above him must be wicked good.

2 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Thanks. Nix in 4th. The 3 above him must be wicked good.

I get the 2 stud OL over him but there is no reason he should be fourth. He is a lot better than the DB from daphne. You think Ross is deserving of his number 1 state ranking?

12 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I get the 2 stud OL over him but there is no reason he should be fourth. He is a lot better than the DB from daphne. You think Ross is deserving of his number 1 state ranking?

He certainly looks the part. From our standpoint today and what I can only say I saw from film, I like Asa a whole lot too.

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Ross has told two coaching staff's that he is in. Will be interesting to see where he goes. uat isn't one of them. 

Yep

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Ross has told two coaching staff's that he is in. Will be interesting to see where he goes. uat isn't one of them. 

I do not like this. Seems like we do not win many battles like this. Dabo on the other side scares the crap out of me.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I do not like this. Seems like we do not win many battles like this. Dabo on the other side scares the crap out of me.

Chip has done a better job recruiting Ross but the history of Dabo putting WR's in the NFL has his attention. And don't think uat is out of it either. 

Better than Bama, either way. I'd be okay if he does indeed head to Clemson. Makes all that work Saban and co. did a complete waste of time. And we still have a shot - however slim - with Chase. And if we don't get either Ross or Chase, we still have a monster class. That said, come on home Justyn!

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Chip has done a better job recruiting Ross but the history of Dabo putting WR's in the NFL has his attention. And don't think uat is out of it either. 

What do you think? Still 2 and a half hours to go. IMO It is just so hard for him to ignore clemson being WR U recently. And wow ok I did not know chip had been a big part of this recruitment. Awesome.

Archived