2018 4* WR Justyn Ross

ellitor

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

What do you think? Still 2 and a half hours to go. IMO It is just so hard for him to ignore clemson being WR U recently. And wow ok I did not know chip had been a big part of this recruitment. Awesome.

Really don't know. AU is very confident. With a recruit like Ross, it's going to be a HC or a coordinator that seals the deal. Not the WR coach. 

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Who's getting played, Gus or Dabo? I think we know the answer to that haha.

lol and that is exactly what I am worried about. TERRIFIED actually! 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol and that is exactly what I am worried about. TERRIFIED actually! 

What fun would it be to play Kodi?  He's too nice...when he found out would probably still smile and give you a hug.

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

What fun would it be to play Kodi?  He's too nice...when he found out would probably still smile and give you a hug.

In all seriousness I think that is a problem with our staff. We got to be killers out there on the trail. A lot of recruits have said our coaches are to laid back. HAVING said that kodi KILLED it this year on the trail. Really impressive WR class he brought in. Ross or not.

Just now, tigerfangs said:

Is there a time frame for announcement and is it televised 

12:15 central on espn 2.

We don't really need another WR, but pulling him would just be exceptional. There were 2 kids in this class I REALLY wanted and early on, it was said we basically had 0 chance with either. One already signed (Joiner,) pulling Ross would make the class for me. I still don't understand why we have such a difficult time pulling local (to Auburn) kids. Most schools get who they want out of their back yard. We have a difficult time with that... here's to hoping Ross is the start of that changing. 

2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

We don't really need another WR, but pulling him would just be exceptional. There were 2 kids in this class I REALLY wanted and early on, it was said we basically had 0 chance with either. One already signed (Joiner,) pulling Ross would make the class for me. I still don't understand why we have such a difficult time pulling local (to Auburn) kids. Most schools get who they want out of their back yard. We have a difficult time with that... here's to hoping Ross is the start of that changing. 

What about Joiner made him stick out to you? Apparently you were ahead of the curve on him.

3 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

There wasn't as much talent in Auburns backyard as years past. So that's why we had to look elsewhere. 

If Ross is going to commit, then he needs to hurry up and do it before the REC hears that he is wavering. They will go after him like Kouandijo.

12 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

If Ross is going to commit, then he needs to hurry up and do it before the REC hears that he is wavering. They will go after him like Kouandijo.

Ross's brother plays at uat? 

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

What about Joiner made him stick out to you? Apparently you were ahead of the curve on him.

I absolutely loved his size. I loved his ability to catch out of the backfield especially since Chip has historically thrown to his RBs. Granted Joiner hasn't shown the ability to put his head down and run over people, but he has the size to do so. He is just a monster on the field. I fell in love with him the first time I saw his tape. 

Just now, AuburnTiger4Life said:

There wasn't as much talent in Auburns backyard as years past. So that's why we had to look elsewhere. 

Off the top of my head, Ruben Foster, Rashaan Evans, Earl Alexander, Dee Finely, Corey Grant (sure he transferred to Auburn but didn't sign with us out of high school,) and Markail Benton

Granted there aren't that many, but missing on all of these guys were huge.

Just now, Auburn2Eugene said:

I absolutely loved his size. I loved his ability to catch out of the backfield especially since Chip has historically thrown to his RBs. Granted Joiner hasn't shown the ability to put his head down and run over people, but he has the size to do so. He is just a monster on the field. I fell in love with him the first time I saw his tape. 

Off the top of my head, Ruben Foster, Rashaan Evans, Earl Alexander, Dee Finely, Corey Grant (sure he transferred to Auburn but didn't sign with us out of high school,) and Markail Benton

Granted there aren't that many, but missing on all of these guys were huge.

Oh no doubt. I'm mainly referring to this class though 

17 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Ross's brother plays at uat? 

I originally read this without the question mark and started questioning everything I have read concerning Ross. lol

8 minutes ago, AubFanCT said:

Is Bryan Matthews on site? Wasn't he the guy that whenever he was on sight for an announcement, AU was the call 100% 

Jason Caldwell from ITAT is.  Not sure about BMatt.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

My only fear is I hope it is not one of those deals where the only reason they are going is because they are the closest team in the area to cover it.

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Ross has told two coaching staff's that he is in. Will be interesting to see where he goes. uat isn't one of them. 

So that means going to Bama right? At least signing day still has a little drama.  

10 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Anyone know if JC sees a dentist or maybe a CPA in Phenix City?  I know I want to file my tax returns before the government shuts down.

WDE!

Archived