2018 4* WR Justyn Ross

ellitor

57 minutes ago, metafour said:

The kid made an elite-level decision.  I'm pretty sure I applauded him the whole way IIRC.  Every once in a while a top recruit chooses a school that just makes sense, and this was one of those decisions.  Hitched himself to a school that not only sh**s out NFL receivers, but he did so coming alongside one of the best passing QB prospects in YEARS.  The idea that we could compete with Clemson in this battle was Curb Your Enthusiasm level comedy.  I actually would have felt kind of bad for him if he did, for some reason, sign here.

Nice reference

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, metafour said:

The kid made an elite-level decision.  I'm pretty sure I applauded him the whole way IIRC.  Every once in a while a top recruit chooses a school that just makes sense, and this was one of those decisions.  Hitched himself to a school that not only sh**s out NFL receivers, but he did so coming alongside one of the best passing QB prospects in YEARS.  The idea that we could compete with Clemson in this battle was Curb Your Enthusiasm level comedy.  I actually would have felt kind of bad for him if he did, for some reason, sign here.

I totally agree, I was being sarcastic. I always want to sign elite guys at every position but big-time WRs coming to Auburn with our current offense is non-sensical. I keep hoping against hopethat somehow we’ll use the talent on our roster at that position well. Until we do Ross and his kind are definitely better at Clemson, Okie, and (sadly) Bammer to name a few.

15 hours ago, fredst said:

Wonder if Ross ever has second thoughts about committing to Clemson instead of Auburn 🤔......?

We finished 3rd. Would have picked Bama if not Clemson.

Archived