2018 4* WR Justyn Ross

ellitor

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Retweeted by Ross:

I wonder if "hair brothers" and "blood brothers" are kinda the same? If so, we are looking good for both these guys! WDE!

47 minutes ago, Tivo48 said:

Judging by the hair styles the 2 of them are getting along just fine

only 2 likes?! let me help you out there friend.

19 hours ago, fredst said:

Back to Ross before E scolds me....

I don't scold individuals for high jacking threads. That would mean me mentioning a person when I post for people to get on track, which I don't do. I post it for the board as a whole.

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 0:31 PM, lionheartkc said:

I think part of the point War to the Eagle was also making was that bama is one of the very few schools who use their status, money, and power to try to crush their rival on all fronts... which leads to your very valid point... if Auburn wasn't a threat of unusual proportions for a big state school, they wouldn't care to try to beat us off the field, to make it harder for us to beat them on the field.

Amen.

I think that after watching the A-Day game with moving in the direction of our new "Eagle Raid" airing it out style that Coach Lindsay has installed should have a positive impact on bringing Mr. Ross to the plains come Feb. 2018. JS is going to be an all SEC QB very soon.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Had a very very very good trip to uat over the weekend. 

Shut-Your-Mouth-For-Will-Ferrell-In-Step

12 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Good for who? I'm sure he enjoyed how much they threw the ball. Judy looked good as well. 

13 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

He also had a  very very, very good trip to Clemson as well. Seems like a thing for this kid. Hope he signs with us, but this appears to be a very long battle.

Just now, thaitopher said:

He also had a  very very, very good trip to Clemson as well. Seems like a thing for this kid. Hope he signs with us, but this appears to be a very long battle.

You are thinking of Copeland. Not Ross. 

36 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

We still in it. But the lead we had is gone. 

All Bama has to do is lay out the receivers they have in the NFL and how much money they are making and compare it to us or any other school and they look good.

2 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

All Bama has to do is lay out the receivers they have in the NFL and how much money they are making and compare it to us or any other school and they look good.

Hell, they can do this at every position.>:(

One move Auburn could make with Justyn Ross

PHENIX CITY, Ala. — No amount of distance will stop Justyn Ross’ mother from caring about her 5-star son’s recruitment.

His mother, Charay Franklin, is stationed overseas in Kuwait for one of three deployments she’s had in the Middle East during Ross’ upbringing. Franklin remains well-versed on her son’s recruiting process. When she left, Ross was just beginning to emerge as one of the nation’s top prospects.

Now he’s fully on the scene.

Auburn, Alabama, Clemson and Florida Sate have all prioritized the state of Alabama’s No. 1 overall prospect.

Franklin, in motherly fashion, wants as much information as possible from her son’s visits and conversation with coaches.

“We talk about it all of the time. Whenever I go on a visit, she always asks me what I liked about it. I always tell her how much I like the environment and how much I like being around the people,” Ross said. “But I don’t go into too much detail because the coaches still keep in contact with her while she’s over there.”

Before Franklin left for Kuwait, she had a close relationship with two coaching staffs: Auburn and Alabama.

The two in-state schools always had — and continue to have — a slight edge in that regard. But Florida State also has gotten into and remained in regular conversation with her while she’s overseas. The Crimson Tide, in particular, made an impression on Ross for their immediate desire to contact Franklin once he became a priority target.

Alabama-Alabama Crimson Tide-Alabama recruiting-Justyn Ross
Five-star WR target Justyn Ross’ mother is currently stationed overseas. (Chris Kirschner/SEC Country)

He didn’t mention the Tigers staff specifically as one that communicates with his mother on a regular basis, but said that mother-coach relationship extends on a more personal basis early on in his recruitment.

“I don’t go into too much detail because the coaches still keep in contact with her while she’s over there,” Ross said. “It’s really important. I want her to be comfortable with the school I pick, too. Her getting a good relationship with the coaches is very important to me. With her coming back, I want to see how she feels about the schools when I go on visits to the schools I like.”

As previously reported, Ross was recently blown away by his Clemson visit, calling it “one of the best” he’s ever been on.

Auburn and Alabama still appear to be the favorites, but Ross doesn’t go into too much detail when discussing his college options. He said Clemson and Florida State are the two programs right now who have made the biggest out-of-state impression on him on visits. Georgia and Ohio State are other visits he said he’d like to take to step out of his comfort zone a little.

Franklin, an Alabama fan, only wants all of this information to stay in the loop. She will trust whatever decision Ross ultimately makes, which remains in the distant future.

“She goes with whatever I want,” Ross said. “It’s where I feel comfortable at.”

Archived