2018 4* WR Justyn Ross

ellitor

10 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

I'm not questioning anyone's sources, but I don't trust our coach's ability to know what kind of shape we are in with a recruit. If UAT currently leads and his UAT fan mother hasn't even returned home to get fully involved in the recruiting process, then I seriously doubt that we land this kid, JMHO.

I seriously doubt it as well. However, we have to try, we couldn't just cede this state or every bama fan to the dark side. I know that's not what you're saying, however, i'm glad our coaches are giving it a try. They must've seen something that told them they had a chance.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

I'm not questioning anyone's sources, but I don't trust our coach's ability to know what kind of shape we are in with a recruit. If UAT currently leads and his UAT fan mother hasn't even returned home to get fully involved in the recruiting process, then I seriously doubt that we land this kid, JMHO.

I agree with what you said to a point. I have noticed how our recruiting experts on pay sites I.E.: Neihbur and J Lee when they say Auburn currently feels good about so and so recruit I take it with a grain of salt after this past recruiting class. This staff this past class seemed to not be able to have a BS detector on if a guy was seriously interested in AU or not. Neihbur alluded to that towards the end of last years recruiting cycle when he would say he does not feel as good about certain recruits as Auburn did and it proved to be accurate with some guys in the end.

17 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

So much little brother syndrome in this thread. 

We are the tallest, biggest, baddest little brother in the yard though!!!! lol

4 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

So much little brother syndrome in this thread. 

You know, I played with a guy back in high school who was pretty big. Probably 6'2, maybe 220, played tight end for us. Now, when he and I were seniors, his "little brother" was a freshman...and he already had a couple of inches and 50 lbs more mass than his older sibling.

I'd LOVE to have that kind of little brother syndrome!

38 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

You know, I played with a guy back in high school who was pretty big. Probably 6'2, maybe 220, played tight end for us. Now, when he and I were seniors, his "little brother" was a freshman...and he already had a couple of inches and 50 lbs more mass than his older sibling.

I'd LOVE to have that kind of little brother syndrome!

this was such a gem of a post!!! why only 182 likes?! TAKE ALL MY LIKES!!!!!!

I get that we battle Alabama for recruits every year, but trust me when I say we're still looking good with JRoss. No need to be worried yet. The little brother syndrome post might've been a bit out of line but just wanted to clarify. 

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

I get that we battle Alabama for recruits every year, but trust me when I say we're still looking good with JRoss. No need to be worried yet. The little brother syndrome post might've been a bit out of line but just wanted to clarify. 

not really out of line. I certainly laughed!

16 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Why do you say this? I think they know. We have some seasoned recruiters on this staff. 

8 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

My guys are saying the same. I'm just hearing some chatter from some uat guys. 

• 3 weeks later...

In the comments for his MaxPreps highlights YouTube video there's a person that claims to be his cousin....He says ross told him that he could "scratch Bama off his list" but his cousin says he won't stop recruiting him to Bama. I'm definitely taking that with a grain of salt.

19 hours ago, WFE12 said:

In the comments for his MaxPreps highlights YouTube video there's a person that claims to be his cousin....He says ross told him that he could "scratch Bama off his list" but his cousin says he won't stop recruiting him to Bama. I'm definitely taking that with a grain of salt.

If there's one thing I learned spending time with football players at Auburn, it's that they have A LOT of "cousins" and those "cousins" love to try to find the spotlight.

The only way I see Ross kicking bama to the curb, before he makes his final commitment, is if Saban says something to mom that makes her turn on them.

3 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

If there's one thing I learned spending time with football players at Auburn, it's that they have A LOT of "cousins" and those "cousins" love to try to find the spotlight.

The only way I see Ross kicking bama to the curb, before he makes his final commitment, is if Saban says something to mom that makes her turn on them.

I guess that's where the phrase by Larry Blakeney "keep in down home cuz" came from!:Sing:

4 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Arrived in AU for a visit around 2 hours ago per Keith

Ruh roh shaggy. We need Fields and Ross on campus at the same time. Sullivan to Beasley 40 years later?

11 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

2017-06-08-22-26-51-.jpg

gw0ut.jpg

11 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

AU very confident atm

Good to see you around.  What are you hearing on the running back front?  That seems to be the biggest moving target when watching from the outside.

Pierce.  Martin is a toss up for a kid that grew up a life long Auburn fan he sure did apparently want that Bama offer.  I wouldn't completely rule Teague out yet, we were going to be the pick if Ohio STate had not offered him.  I think Ohio STate not UGA will end up with White when all is said and done.

Teague is a top 5 rb in this class and the top rb on our board.  He would be perfect in our system.  He is also perfect in Ohio STate's though.

Archived