New DB Coach discussion (Merged)

Metalsinger418

On 12/16/2016 at 2:47 PM, doc4aday said:

sorry my friend. I was confused a bit. The list I was talking about is the one that al.com has listed.

That story on AL.com was just the usual hit piece by JC. He is a know nothing piece of crap that tries to imitate a sports writer. The reason he keeps his job at al.com is because he feeds the turd fans a bunch of crap. The only name on his list was even close,  was Al's and in actuality Al , while he is a good coach and good recruiter, is probably at the bottom of Gus's and Kevin's list. I think Gus will let CKS make the call and CKS has some good contacts. He probably even has good contact with Raymond. When you have a veteran DC such as CKS, he normally has a very good list and knowledge of coaches that will fit his needs. WDE 

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

That story on AL.com was just the usual hit piece by JC. He is a know nothing piece of crap that tries to imitate a sports writer. The reason he keeps his job at al.com is because he feeds the turd fans a bunch of crap. The only name on his list was even close,  was Al's and in actuality Al , while he is a good coach and good recruiter, is probably at the bottom of Gus's and Kevin's list. I think Gus will let CKS make the call and CKS has some good contacts. He probably even has good contact with Raymond. When you have a veteran DC such as CKS, he normally has a very good list and knowledge of coaches that will fit his needs. WDE 

I don't agree with you much....But I can't stand that dude either

7 hours ago, cole256 said:

I don't agree with you much....But I can't stand that dude either

It didn't take long for the Montgomery Antagonizer to realize that craphead and his "The Ohio State" mentality was costing them readership when he was hired to take JG Tate's place. The moron is a Yankee Finebaum wannabe and is not smart enough. JG's follower's with the MA made life miserable for him.

The inclusion of Trooper in his story proves the point. Anyone with any knowledge of Gus knows him and Trooper are not even on talking terms. The only reason he would possibly include him is to make it look as though we are desperate and would take anything we could get. As I said he is no journalist, just a piece of crap like most of the writers employed by al.com. WDE 

Just now, Eagle Eye 7 said:

The inclusion of Trooper in his story proves the point. Anyone with any knowledge of Gus knows him and Trooper are not even on talking terms. The only reason he would possibly include him is to make it look as though we are desperate and would take anything we could get. As I said he is no journalist, just a piece of crap like most of the writers employed by al.com. WDE 

Agree!

We could always do better than going back down that hole!

23 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I don't think we ever take Trooper. He actively worked against us while still being paid after Gus got here.

On 12/16/2016 at 6:23 PM, DAG said:

Who you wanting if you don't mind me asking?

I don't have a favorite, but several who have been listed are promising.

4 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

I don't have a favorite, but several who have been listed are promising.

Which ones?

wde

6 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I realize Curtis Looper was a RB coach for us, but I was wondering if he could coach DB's.

Just no.  You are not lucid with this suggestion.

wde

9 hours ago, 80Tiger said:

I don't think we ever take Trooper. He actively worked against us while still being paid after Gus got here.

This is a load of crap fwiw. Not true at all. And Gus and Troop are still on talking terms. 

I'm sorry but people talking about luper and Taylor need to move on. I'm hoping we can get someone like Cooper, Raymond, Gideon or McGee. Any of those would be solid but regardless I trust CKS and anyone he brings in. Just as long as Gus steps back and lets Steele hire who he wants. 

I do think that Gus & Coach Steele have a candidate they may have actually hired but want to let him finish his job at the school he is currently employed.

10 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

This is a load of crap fwiw. Not true at all. And Gus and Troop are still on talking terms. 

On a different note, didn't he get in recruiting trouble several times?  Not sure we need someone who doesn't know how  to correctly "bend" the rules or how to walk the edge of that line without going over.  

Does anyone in the know have an idea of the time table for the hire? Are they waiting for some other teams games to conclude or are they going to wait till after the sugar bowl to get go after a new coach?

13 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

It is that your opinion? Because my statement was not opinion. It comes from people that work in the football building and staff. The guy was poison and worked actively with Reuben Foster. Please tell me why you think it is crap.

3 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

It is that your opinion? Because my statement was not opinion. It comes from people that work in the football building and staff. The guy was poison and worked actively with Reuben Foster. Please tell me why you think it is crap.

I agree Gus and trooper are not on good terms. This guy actively worked to get recruits to decommit from auburn. He doesn't need to be anywhere near this program. 

13 hours ago, tbone1430 said:

I'm sorry but people talking about luper and Taylor need to move on. I'm hoping we can get someone like Cooper, Raymond, Gideon or McGee. Any of those would be solid but regardless I trust CKS and anyone he brings in. Just as long as Gus steps back and lets Steele hire who he wants. 

Gus should not step back too far..after all he is the HC, and responsible for the program. 

1 hour ago, 80Tiger said:

My info is also from within the football complex and AD. 

And if any of you actually met and got to know Trooper you would know this isn't true. 

But carry on. 

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

My info is also from within the football complex and AD. 

And if any of you actually met and got to know Trooper you would know this isn't true. 

But carry on. 

Was he confusing this with a different coach? Thought I heard there was someone negatively recruiting but he was on the defensive side of the ball.

1 hour ago, Tigercj said:

I agree Gus and trooper are not on good terms. This guy actively worked to get recruits to decommit from auburn. He doesn't need to be anywhere near this program. 

Which recruits? Foster was REC'd. Got a nice red mini-hummer out of the deal.  Which others? 

Troop had to sit a week for bumping into Winston. Something that happens all the time. Didn't have to sit but Rich M  pushed the subject and won. 

4 minutes ago, brad5628AU said:

Was he confusing this with a different coach? Thought I heard there was someone negatively recruiting but he was on the defensive side of the ball.

He doesn't know. The REC pounced on Foster as soon as there was blood in the water. Not Tropper. 

I&d love to hear some other recruits Troop was pushing away. 

And you people don't need to worry, Troop isn't coming back. 

Archived