Gus on 2017 staff

aubiefifty

8 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

So are we really not getting rid of Lashlee? 

I'm not saying that tonight was completely his fault, but we NEED a QB coach that can develop a QB and introduce a more diverse passing game. 

Nope. Some team will have to take him away. Gus will not fire him as long as he is the HC.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NO offense E, but from what I have heard since week 2 is that stone has been decided by the powers to be.  But to not dismantle the program because they do like how Gus is doing things right they decided to showcase rhtt to make him disappear.  Like being deceitful about rhett play calling and his importance in the Stedham recruiting.  No change in this is the powers to be saying we are not paying for another F-up to JJ and we are not gonna fund the buyout for Gus and you are done

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

NO offense E, but from what I have heard since week 2 is that stone has been decided by the powers to be.  But to not dismantle the program because they do like how Gus is doing things right they decided to showcase rhtt to make him disappear.  Like being deceitful about rhett play calling and his importance in the Stedham recruiting.  No change in this is the powers to be saying we are not paying for another F-up to JJ and we are not gonna fund the buyout for Gus and you are done

Would like to hear @WarDamnEagleWDE or @Altima's take on this.

And not sure why your post would offend me phan.

Cuz you got the inside info, i only got one connection and usually when he says something it is right but his distaste for things are /can exaggerate things at times too, cuz he thinks he will always get what he wants

41 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Forgive me but...

"stone has been decided"?  Stone?

who is the "you" in "you are done?  JJ is done?

• 2 weeks later...

I am wondering if any you have heard anything on who might be the front runner to be our new OC/QB coach. I've not heard or read anything since Lashlee left. Any info would be most grateful. Thanks a lot.

3 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I am wondering if any you have heard anything on who might be the front runner to be our new OC/QB coach. Thanks a lot.

There is a thread titled  "Rhett  leaves AU/OC discussion(merged)"...its chopped full of information, both useless and useful.

2 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I am wondering if any you have heard anything on who might be the front runner to be our new OC/QB coach. Thanks a lot.

there is an entire thread on it with all kinds of discussion, check it out, good stuff

1 hour ago, sevenlee36 said:

Still early but best coach on staff may be Twill

Could be but  that is scary if you think about it.  Horton is damn good as well.

wde

3 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

Still early but best coach on staff may be Twill

Certainly the most bang for the buck.

Horton and Hand are very good!

Steele is a good DC.

TWill is very young and inexperienced, but his potential is very, very high. 

I think Kodi has potential as well. Too early to make any firm judgements on him. 

Garner is an excellent recruiter and has had a very high level of success, at times, developing that talent. 

Fountain is the most underrated coach on staff IMHO.  

It will be interesting to see how Brown and the new OC/QBC fit in. 

Obviously, this OC hire could have a huge impact in one way or another. 

18 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Horton and Hand are very good!

Steele is a good DC.

TWill is very young and inexperienced, but his potential is very, very high. 

I think Kodi has potential as well. Too early to make any firm judgements on him. 

Garner is an excellent recruiter and has had a very high level of success, at times, developing that talent. 

It will be interesting to see how Brown and the new OC/QBC fit in. 

Obviously, this OC hire could have a huge impact in one way or another. 

Why is it too early to judge Kodi, who has more experience than T-Will, but not too early to judge T-Will himself?

18 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I've heard this a lot... but other than kicking, our special teams is lackluster at best, both in coverage and in returns. Thoughts on that, anyone?

19 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I've heard this a lot... but other than kicking, our special teams is lackluster at best, both in coverage and in returns. Thoughts on that, anyone?

Well, when you consider that returns on kicks and punts are not frequently attempted, I think the coverage just gets complacent.

2 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

Well, when you consider that returns on kicks and punts are not frequently attempted, I think the coverage just gets complacent.

I liked it better when teams tried to kick away from us for fear of a huge return and guys like Craig Stevens laid the wood on anyone who dared try to return one of our kicks.

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

I though Roberts looked great returning punts overall...Marcus Davis was sure-handed and smart, but hardly ever attempted a return.

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Yes, KJ should not be returning. He tends to completely miss the open running lane. I've seen that a couple of times when he fielded some KOs.

14 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I though Roberts looked great returning punts overall...Marcus Davis was sure-handed and smart, but hardly ever attempted a return.

I agree that Roberts looked good.  I also agree with @DAG that Kerryon was no threat on kick-offs.  My biggest beef, however, was that our blocking in both cases seemed lackadaisical. Just like our tackling on our kicks. Its almost like we didn't practice that part of the game.

5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I agree that Roberts looked good.  I also agree with @DAG that Kerryon was no threat on kick-offs.  My biggest beef, however, was that our blocking in both cases seemed lackadaisical. Just like our tackling on our kicks. Its almost like we didn't practice that part of the game.

Completely agree on KO returns...we have the athletes to produce on those plays...curious why we're not.  I'd like to see Stove and KMart back there.  I think (haven't seen the stats) we improved dramatically on PR once Roberts took over those duties.

5 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Completely agree on KO returns...we have the athletes to produce on those plays...curious why we're not.

I'm guessing they dropped the ball in practice.  

5 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I think (haven't seen the stats) we improved dramatically on PR once Roberts took over those duties.

The eye test says you are right, but I also remember thinking as I saw him return it, that he was making the difference and not our blocking.

Archived