UConn - Preview

JwgreDeux

I'm on vacation and am previewing from my phone so bear with me ...

Auburn comes into this game off of a confidence boosting win looking to finish the non-con strong. UConn comes in playing much better ball than they were early on. 

They have good size in the post and run their offense through post ups. They will post at the high post and low post and have pretty good interior passing as well. We haven't played anyone that plays this way and it will be a challenge for our defense. While it will be unfamiliar to us, they didn't average very many points per game, and don't shoot well from the perimeter. Our interior will be tested.  Look for us to press more and try and speed them up and limit their half court sets.

When we are on Offense they will play both man and zone, they have been playing more zone recently.  They do a good job of slowing the game down and limiting possessions and keeping the scoring low. I would look for us to push the tempo at times to speed the game up. 

As of now we are a slight (+3) underdog, but have the better RPI and ranked higher in most metrics. The home court and our roster shuffling is likely the reason for the line, which I would have made as AU -1.5.

Again rebounding needs to an emphasis and we need to limit turnovers. Watch the tempo, fast pace good, slow pace bad. 

Go get em, War Eagle. 

• Like 1

• ellitor pinned and featured this topic

I saw them beat up north Florida in the paint the other night, I hope our big guys are prepared for a physical game. Unconn seems to prefer to do all their work in the paint if possible.

unconn is also missing two players who at the beginning of the year were expected to both be major contributors until injury struck. Even with that being said it'll be a huge test for our tigers. A chance to erase some of that damage from the BC loss and a win that would put us on track for our biggest hopes. Might also get a couple of talking heads talking about us as a sleeper team

edit: Wiley also making his second straight start

Edited by Charhair
  • Like 1