UCONN post game. AUB wins 70-67

AUBwins

11 minutes ago, jared52 said:

No, I did read your entire post, which actually served to prove how much AU "deserved" to win. They won in spite of only shooting 31%. They won with defense and determination. They won because UCONN missed shots too. Just because AU didn't hit 45% from the floor doesn't mean they didn't deserve to win. 

14alw6v.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, FoundationEagle said:

14alw6v.jpg

Not really. I do get the point, thanks. My point is, I wouldn't walk into the AU locker room and start by saying, "Well, you guys didn't deserve to win that one. But it's good you did."

2 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Not really. I do get the point, thanks. My point is, I wouldn't walk into the AU locker room and start by saying, "Well, you guys didn't deserve to win that one. But it's good you did."

37 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

It's more a figure of speech to imply we didn't do things that going into the game we expected would need to be done to win the game, but we overcame it with grit and determination. If anything it's a compliment. 

Clearly you did not get the point

3 hours ago, Timeslider 6 said:

The team does continue to improve, however, Purifoy seems to take it upon himself to make the big shot (by doing so he appears selfish) and i agree with a previous post that said Dunans plays out of control. I hope the team continues to grow to the point they start playing more team ball (passing more, setting their teammates up for the open shot) and less individual ball. I like this team and the way the youth are really gutting it out and seemingly coming together. I am impressed with the spirit that the team plays with, just hope when conference play starts they are playing more as a team and less as individuals. I believe Pearl will get them all playing together and make winners out of this AU team.

I think it's safe to say these guy are pretty good winners thus far. 10/12 ain't half bad. Ain't even 20% bad

We were also +70% from the line, picking up 15 points in free throws. 

A lot of things can be said for how we allowed uconn to make it a game and force OT but just as much, if not more, can be said about the positives and potential of this team that was displayed this afternoon. Definitely 100+ things that need to be improved but the improvement I've seen from getting man handled by Purdue and losing to BC to beating Uconn in Connecticut in OT gives me a lot of faith that we've got what we need (coaching and personel wise) to improve those things game in game out. I have a feeling that BC loss will not be our last heartbreaker or unexpected loss of the season but toss in a few unexpected wins, a few 25-30 point outings by these freshmen and we've got a fun season on our hands. 

Great win. We are 1 win from last season's total. Enjoy this win. These young Tigers aren't going away anytime soon. 

1 hour ago, JwgreDeux said:

Great win. We are 1 win from last season's total. Enjoy this win. These young Tigers aren't going away anytime soon. 

Easy to forget this with how hyped up our post season dreams are getting. And theyve accomplished this with 5 different freshmen playing significant minutes and off the court issuses causing the loss of starters/line up changes. Definitely a special group of players and coaches on this team.

7 hours ago, Charhair said:

We were also +70% from the line, picking up 15 points in free throws. 

A lot of things can be said for how we allowed uconn to make it a game and force OT but just as much, if not more, can be said about the positives and potential of this team that was displayed this afternoon. Definitely 100+ things that need to be improved but the improvement I've seen from getting man handled by Purdue and losing to BC to beating Uconn in Connecticut in OT gives me a lot of faith that we've got what we need (coaching and personel wise) to improve those things game in game out. I have a feeling that BC loss will not be our last heartbreaker or unexpected loss of the season but toss in a few unexpected wins, a few 25-30 point outings by these freshmen and we've got a fun season on our hands. 

Harper has become a FT machine. Not sure the rest of the team has improved drastically, but that's not really expected. The good FT shooting teams find ways to get their good FT shooters to the line. Harper has taken that role on very well. As much praise as he is getting, he still may be undervalued....and he's only going to get better. 

I remember a team that made it to the championship with 5 freshman starters ... almost there with 4. Overall they are finding ways to win.  I just wish we could nail a free throw when we need to ice the game. 

This is a fun team to watch but as noted by several people, it will be difficult to keep on winning unless they shooting improves. Poor shooting by Oklahoma and Connecticut might be the result of AU 's defense but it is unlikely that Auburn opponents will continue to shoot less than 40% from the field against Auburn. Meanwhile, it is hard to believe that DJ won't break out of his shooting slump pretty soon. 

14 hours ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Man this team should scare some people this season. Okeke will be a huge addition along with other signees. If we can get all these freshman to return for 1 more season a final 4 run is not out of reach. But I'm worried we lose 1 guy.

Fixed it for you!

3 hours ago, FoundationEagle said:

Harper has become a FT machine. Not sure the rest of the team has improved drastically, but that's not really expected. The good FT shooting teams find ways to get their good FT shooters to the line. Harper has taken that role on very well. As much praise as he is getting, he still may be undervalued....and he's only going to get better. 

I believe Denjel had hit 27 in a row at point and has a high season % himself. I think that the thing that has made us a better FT shooting team is that with more confidence, the younger guys have started getting to the line more. 

Archived