So much for hiring Kendal Briles

EclecticTiger

1 minute ago, boisnumber1 said:

Yeah, its obvious K Briles is a hot commodity. FAU is a football powerhouse.

Lol...yeah, The gators and Florida state are now 2 and 3 in the state 

I believe this is not a bad thing, look at it like this. Briles goes to FAU, a place that can give him a broader experience under another offensive minded coach. Then next year, when Lashlee leaves for another job, Briles is a year away from all the Baylor mess and he  comes to AU a year smarter and with a substantial pay raise. Not to mention we know more about whether he can succeed at AU. I think the move is a good one, for everybody involved. 

With all of the offensive coordinator vacancies open for 2017, and FAU is the only one to offer him (pretty sure FAU wasn't his dream school), that tells you right there schools are keeping their distance for a reason.  

Remember Lashlee is the reason we have Stidham, so don't hate on him too much.   Especially if you are one of the people who thinks SW is not a good QB.

41 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

With all of the offensive coordinator vacancies open for 2017, and FAU is the only one to offer him (pretty sure FAU wasn't his dream school), that tells you right there schools are keeping their distance for a reason.  

Remember Lashlee is the reason we have Stidham, so don't hate on him too much.   Especially if you are one of the people who thinks SW is not a good QB.

I have no clue why this could possibly be the case

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2016/12/21/baylor-fined-ncaa-ruled-committed-recruiting-violations

The NCAA ruled Wednesday that it will accept Baylor's self-imposed sanctions for violations involving offensive coordinator Kendal Briles and assistant coaches Tate Wallis and Jeff Lebby.

3 minutes ago, eibua12 said:

Not sure what you meant in response to my post.  Doesn't what you post back up what I said?  Or was that your intention.  Sorry it's been a long day.  

11 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Not sure what you meant in response to my post.  Doesn't what you post back up what I said?  Or was that your intention.  Sorry it's been a long day.  

Well the first sentence was a bit of sarcasm in response to only the FAU job.  The rest was a link showing a possible connection showing reasoning behind why he is only getting the FAU job, sans the whole thing with his dad remember apples don't fall far, however they may end up far away from the tree, this is only if the tree is on a hill and the apple can roll away, something about newtons second law... ha just messing with you get some sleep and enough life. 

28 minutes ago, eibua12 said:

Well the first sentence was a bit of sarcasm in response to only the FAU job.  The rest was a link showing a possible connection showing reasoning behind why he is only getting the FAU job, sans the whole thing with his dad remember apples don't fall far, however they may end up far away from the tree, this is only if the tree is on a hill and the apple can roll away, something about newtons second law... ha just messing with you get some sleep and enough life. 

Understood.  Thanks for the clarification.  Will try to get some sleep.  Traveled from Atlanta to Mobile and trying to stay sane with Griswold relatives everywhere.  

12 hours ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Wow, gotta give Lame kitten some credit for the moves he has made.

I don't ever have to give Kiffen credit for anyone. War Eagle.

It's funny, after watching Rhett as AU's OC go against Kiffin, Lane sure didn't won't Lashlee on his staff. Lane's play calling jumped all over Rhett's play calling the last 3 years.

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

It's funny, after watching Rhett as AU's OC go against Kiffin, Lane sure didn't won't Lashlee on his staff. Lane's play calling jumped all over Rhett's play calling the last 3 years.

Stop. 

16 hours ago, Timeslider 6 said:

I believe this is not a bad thing, look at it like this. Briles goes to FAU, a place that can give him a broader experience under another offensive minded coach. Then next year, when Lashlee leaves for another job, Briles is a year away from all the Baylor mess and he  comes to AU a year smarter and with a substantial pay raise. Not to mention we know more about whether he can succeed at AU. I think the move is a good one, for everybody involved. 

I like the way you think!

17 hours ago, WeagleAU said:

Lol...yeah, The gators and Florida state are now 2 and 3 in the state 

Lol... briles won't be there more than 2 years

22 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Why is that some consider Briles the savior for Auburn football? 

Maybe not the savior, per se, but the going thought is that Gus needs new blood in there, and Briles' offense translates very well to what we run. In addition, I've heard mention that he was more the mastermind behind Baylor's offense than his father, not to mention that Malzahn and the elder Briles are friends, making the match sensible.

I'm not sure how bad we really wanted him. What we wanted JS. We have him. If we replace RL I would like to get someone who is a little more proven. Briles may be that guy but I want to see what he can do on his own. One year is a small sample size without Dad.

3 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Maybe not the savior, per se, but the going thought is that Gus needs new blood in there, and Briles' offense translates very well to what we run. In addition, I've heard mention that he was more the mastermind behind Baylor's offense than his father, not to mention that Malzahn and the elder Briles are friends, making the match sensible.

Is it new blood or does Gus just need a Qb that can execute at an efficient rate. His offense has only struggled when their has been inexperience or lack of talent at QB. I like KB, and the passing offense they ran, maybe after some time at FAU he comes here, especially if Lashlee moves up and on to another place....

5 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

...hopefully Jacobs and Malzahn will hire Art Briles.

2be.jpg

Briles is untouchable. Y'all really need to let it go. 

Archived