4_4289157.jpg
Malik Willis, QB
Atlanta, GA (Roswell)
Ht 6-2 | Wt 188 | 40 4.63

• AU offered & is in hot pursuit
  • Offered as a QB by AU
  • Already 8 crystal ball picks for AU in a few hours
  • He's a January enrollee so he could commit to AU very soon
  • Willis led his team to the Georgia Class 7A state finals, where it lost to powerhouse Grayson 23-20 in overtime
  • Completed 184 of 304 passes (61%) for 2,562 yards, 27 TD passes, & 9 INTs on the season
  • Rushed for 1,033 yards on 140 carries (7.38 yards per carry) & 10 rushing TDs
  • The AJC named Willis AAAAAAA Region 4 Player of the Year

Edited by ellitor

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Just got home from working basketball and was about to make a thread on him. I will edit the OP instead.

Thanks. 

Edited by ellitor

1 minute ago, The Plainsman said:

I am perplexed.   

Why? The staff always wanted a high school QB in the class. They likely just kept Willis under wraps til they had finality on Narcisse. He's a project but I like Willis's upside better.

Just now, ellitor said:

Why? The staff always wanted a high school QB in the class. They likely just kept Willis under wraps til they had finality on Narcisse. He's a project but I like Willis's upside better.

I like the upside too honestly,. And VaTech seems to find these types of guys pretty well.   I just wonder why he is so far under the radar.   The offer list with AU on it now is just not something you see everyday....      To put it frankly, this is just a numbers offer IMO and I do not mean that in anyway to disrespect the young prospect.     

3 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

I like the upside too honestly,. And VaTech seems to find these types of guys pretty well.   I just wonder why he is so far under the radar.   The offer list with AU on it now is just not something you see everyday....      To put it frankly, this is just a numbers offer IMO and I do not mean that in anyway to disrespect the young prospect.     

AU has been on him for months but just now let it out. I think it's more than just a numbers offer.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

AU has been on him for months but just now let it out. I think it's more than just a numbers offer.

Thanks...  I guess once the Narcisse "re-flirt" happened I was perplexed too...  I just don't see why we need a H.S QB in this class is all.     

This kid has really impressive highlights. He is fast, shifty, runs the read option well and appears to have a decent arm. I like the offer. Lots of potential with him. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Thanks...  I guess once the Narcisse "re-flirt" happened I was perplexed too...  I just don't see why we need a H.S QB in this class is all.     

@lionheartkc  can answer this much better than me as he was pushing 2 for the 2018 class but I'll give it a shot.

1. Stidham likely won't be here after 2 years and may leave after 1.

2. Sean will be gone in 2 years.

3. JF3 will transfer or be gone in 1 year.

4. Woody is struggling to develop on and off the field.

5. All signs point to Queen not being a good option in a real game down the line

6. Joey has loads of upside but has not taken many snaps at QB his Soph & Jr seasons high school. It will take him at least 1 but more likely 2 years in college to develop.

Based on the above AU needs the QB depth and if all goes well for Malik in development & what not he could be ready as a JR or RS Soph after 2 years when Sean is gone & likely Stidham too.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Because why not. If he's good enough to come in and win the job at some point, i like it fine. Looks quick, can throw in the run, fairly big guy, I like it

I randomly looked at georgias playoff brackets last week to see who played Grayson for the championship. Turns out it was Roswell. Too bad i missed recording that game or i might have already known who Malik Willis is.

I like him better than Beniko Harley because his passing skills look better Imo although id love to give beniko a shot at safety or corner.

8 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Need to take at least one high school QB in every class. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

I randomly looked at georgias playoff brackets last week to see who played Grayson for the championship. Turns out it was Roswell. Too bad i missed recording that game or i might have already known who Malik Willis is.

I like him better than Beniko Harley because his passing skills look better Imo although id love to give beniko a shot at safety or corner.

Who?

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

@lionheartkc  can answer this much better than me as he was pushing 2 for the 2018 class but I'll give it a shot.

5. All signs point to Queen not being a good option in a real game down the line

6. Joey has loads of upside but has not taken many snaps at QB his Soph & Jr seasons high school. It will take him at least 1 but more likely 2 years in college to develop.

Based on the above AU needs the QB depth and if all goes well for Malik in development & what not he could be ready as a JR or RS Soph after 2 years when Sean is gone & likely Stidham too.

Haven't heard about this. Any insight as to what areas he is having issues with on the field? Is it is passing?

And i assume 'off the field' is his grades? 

I wondered how much of a project these type guys end up being. We never know since we only see their HS film. 

10 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

4_4289157.jpg

Atlanta, GA (Roswell)

Ht 6-2 Wt 188

40 4.63

AU offered & is in hot pursuit

Offered as a QB by AU

Already 8 crystal ball picks for AU in a few hours

He's a January enrollee so he could commit to AU very soon

Willis led his team to the Georgia Class 7A state finals, where it lost to powerhouse Grayson 23-20 in overtime.

Completed 184 of 304 passes (61%) for 2,562 yards, 27 TD passes, & 9 INTs on the season

Rushed for 1,033 yards on 140 carries (7.38 yards per carry) & 10 rushing TDs.

We are having video editing problems again. Here is his Sr film

I noticed his jersey says Westlake. Isn't that the school Cam went to in HS?

Did Willis go there too? Thought it was Roswell.

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

I noticed his jersey says Westlake. Isn't that the school Cam went to in HS?

Did Willis go there too? Thought it was Roswell.

Must have transferred

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

I hope this is somewhat correct but i aint drafting him yet. Good selling point to recruits tho.

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

Or.... to simplify... we need to build in some depth for 2019 or we give history a chance to repeat itself. We have to give ourselves the best shot at having 2-3 QBs who can successfully lead the team every year, in case of injuries and to avoid relying on freshmen or having to find/land high quality transfers.

Edited by lionheartkc
  • Like 3