2017 3* Dual QB Malik Willis Commits to AU!!! 12/30/16

TexasTiger

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

All I'm saying is look at the kid's tape and make up your own opinion on him instead of just looking at *s and supposed offer sheets. If you don't like what you see then that's fair.

Me personally, I like his upside, especially for this offense. Plus he's a winner. He took his team to the state title game in one of the best classifications in Georgia & only loss of the season was there by 3 to national power Grayson.

I saw the tape. It's not very good to be QB at Auburn 

20 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

I'm just glad that Gus has arrived at the same conclusion I did a long time ago - the only way we're going to be able to win big in this league, under Gus's leadership, is to have a stable of DTQBs.  It's what he understands well enough to be successful. 

Because our offense was pitiful with a healthy Sean White. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Because our offense was pitiful with a healthy Sean White. 

Offense wasn't "pitiful." SMH. It was a rushing attack that forced it's will on weak defenses with a game manager QB at the helm. 

I wish I could say more about SW other than in the other big games, he is either injured or benched (TAM).

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

I saw the tape. It's not very good to be QB at Auburn 

to be fair YA BOY narcisse is not exactly a polished passer either and he is probaly not as athletic as this kid anymore since he has had 2 acl's recently. Bottom line this is a backup plan that I agree with you on. It would be a Yuuuuuge problem if we did not get stidham. Like the kind of bad that would cost Gus a job. But stidham allows him to take a flier on this kid. I like the kids athleticism and he def has some upside. Gatewood so far IF he signs would be the only time Gus and rhett would get their number 1 HS QB target.

• Like 3

We went after the WRONG DT Qb in Louisiana. Keytaon Thompson is another awesome pull for frickin Dan Mullen. Much better than Narcisse. They have a nice qb situation the next few seasons with fitzgerald then thompson. Anyways I really hope this kid turns out to be close to Nick Marshall 2.0 That is when a Gus offense is at its best. I think Gus is finally realizing this and is trying to correct the problem now. He knows Pocket Passers is not exactly his thing or a good fit with his offense. Willis should really push Woody in the spring.

34 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

to be fair YA BOY narcisse is not exactly a polished passer either and he is probaly not as athletic as this kid anymore since he has had 2 acl's recently. Bottom line this is a backup plan that I agree with you on. It would be a Yuuuuuge problem if we did not get stidham. Like the kind of bad that would cost Gus a job. But stidham allows him to take a flier on this kid. I like the kids athleticism and he def has some upside. Gatewood so far IF he signs would be the only time Gus and rhett would get their number 1 HS QB target.

Narcisse is leaps and bounds better than Malik. The tape and offers sheet both reflects that. This kid was supposedly projected to play DB at Virginia Tech. Which would be the smartest move of this guys career.

And Gatewood is my boy. SMH.

24 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Narcisse is leaps and bounds better than Malik. The tape and offers sheet both reflects that. This kid was supposedly projected to play DB at Virginia Tech. Which would be the smartest move of this guys career.

And Gatewood is my boy. SMH.

Gatewoof is OUR boy. I was strictly talking about narcisse as a passer.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

That does not and should not matter. It should be clear from his film that he has a lot more QB potential than JW.

It is an indicator.  

So let me change the argument.   This guy is QB for the 7a runner up champion in the talent rich state of Georgia,. How are so many other teams missing out on him?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

It is an indicator.  

So let me change the argument.   This guy is QB for the 7a runner up champion in the talent rich state of Georgia,. How are so many other teams missing out on him?

This guy had to walk on:

http://247sports.com/Player/Baker-Mayfield-20771?PlayerInstitution=33131

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Who?

Jordan Tucker

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

It is an indicator.  

1. If he was QB1 before his Sr year then maybe but he wasn't. 2. Go to look at his stats from maxpreps. He was not QB1 before his Sr year. He split time at QB & WR his Jr year.  Most P5 schools likely did not see him as a QB before his Sr year & many already have the QBs they want for this class at that point.