2017 3* Dual QB Malik Willis Commits to AU!!! 12/30/16

TexasTiger

On 1/2/2017 at 9:12 AM, Timeslider 6 said:

I think Gus sees the potential in this guy, and frankly so do I. If he doesn't develop then a move is always possible. But Gus has been in on several quality guys, they just haven;t dropped our way. Gus understands that you must take a chance on guys from time to time. So let him recruit the way he wants and then give the guys a chance to develop. I'm sure he has a better perspective than any of us on this board anyway.

I guarantee you this... had we not taken him, and had he ended up being a baller for another program, the same people would be on here bitching about how Gus blew it by not taking him.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I guarantee you this... had we not taken him, and had he ended up being a baller for another program, the same people would be on here bitching about how Gus blew it by not taking him.

I know I used it once already today but it is even more fiting here...

Though-he-lies-lot-some-his-crazy-antics

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Really that's hard to believe

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Didn't know that about Neil Peart. Unreal. Talk about humility. 

He actually did it twice... once in 1996 and once in 2007. When he introduced himself to his teacher in 2007, he referred to the teacher as a surgeon and himself as a butcher. If only we all could be such skilled butchers :)

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 11:43 PM, ellitor said:

Why? The staff always wanted a high school QB in the class. They likely just kept Willis under wraps til they had finality on Narcisse. He's a project but I like Willis's upside better.

Hey Ellitor....Could you delete Trey Bishop from commitment list? I see he is still out there with us. Thanks!

We do need to keep SW primed and ready to go in case JS is injured or is just not having a good game. We all know what a healthy SW can do without question. We really need to have Woody ready to go as well. All 3 of these players need to be on the field enough to keep them happy and keep us winning. If this is handled the right way, (have some doubts about this), we will be in great shape. The players are there; All is needed is solid QB coaching.

At this point, I hope that Jacobs will have his butt on the hot seat from higher up folks to make Gus get a new OC who can get the job done. Gus will either comply 110% or will resign if given this ultimatum. This is what is needed without question. Lashlee is a decent play caller when his QB is healthy. He should be able to adjust his play calling if another QB comes into the game. I have been one of the most patient fans on this board since I came aboard in 2008. A lot of you can attest to this no doubt.

I want Gus to win and win big. If he can right the ship in a super way for 2017, then my patience will get a boost. A 9-3 season is acceptable if we beat Uga and maybe bammer. I say maybe about the turds in that I need to wait and see how their season unfolds in 2017. Anything under 9-3 should be grounds for a divorce with Gus. I hate to say this in that I so much want to have faith in Gus and his coaching staff. I want to see at least 8 or more games in 2017, as close to the 2016 with Arkansas.

Spoiler

hly

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Hey Ellitor....Could you delete Trey Bishop from commitment list? I see he is still out there with us. Thanks!

Done.

13 minutes ago, Tiger Scout said:

High school players that played against him said their were games he was the best player on the field. 

And a Mod from a rival team too.

30 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

And a early EE. At AU as we speak. Kid is going to be a good one. And I'll go on record. Better than Gatewood. 

A lot of people are going to be disappointed is Joey. He might be really good, and I hope he is, but expectations are killers!

• Like 2

He (Gatewood) could be a heckuva TE. He is just an incredible ATH.

I just like the kid. Be interesting to see what he does this year. 

1 minute ago, Dixie1860 said:

He (Gatewood) could be a heckuva TE. He is just an incredible ATH.

I just like the kid. Be interesting to see what he does this year. 

If he wants to be a QB he needs to tranfer to a school that will let him be QB1.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

A lot of people are going to be disappointed is Joey. He might be really good, and I hope he is, but expectations are killers!

Paging Jeff. Paging Jeff.

5 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Paging Jeff. Paging Jeff.

Gatewood has unreal potential. It would be nice if a QB coach was working with him to speed up the learning curve. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Gatewood has unreal potential. It would be nice if a QB coach was working with him to speed up the learning curve. 

Maybe Sean can work with him a year?

5 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

And a early EE. At AU as we speak. Kid is going to be a good one. And I'll go on record. Better than Gatewood. 

I assume you're referring to Malik? If you're optimistic about someone, that says something.

• Like 1

I really like the fact that after the initial skepticism from a small minority of our fan base as more people have reviewed his film and talked with people who have seen him play that people are starting to see how talented he is. He may not have been the first choice but the more I read about him myself I am beginning to think we have gotten a very good player who could surprise a lot of people. It is great that he is enrolling early.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I really like the fact that after the initial skepticism from a small minority of our fan base as more people have reviewed his film and talked with people who have seen him play that people are starting to see how talented he is. He may not have been the first choice but the more I read about him myself I am beginning to think we have gotten a very good player who could surprise a lot of people. It is great that he is enrolling early.

But we got the first choice, too... so... BONUS!

• Like 3