2017 3* Dual QB Malik Willis Commits to AU!!! 12/30/16

TexasTiger

1 hour ago, milehighfan said:

Let's not run him off before he gets here.

I was talking about his high school. He is not and has not been QB1 there the past 2 seasons.

• Like 1

Prediction: Malik becomes a serious factor at QB once stidham moves on.

The fact he was not heavily recruited doesn't bother me. 

Changing schools/positions can cause someone to slip through the cracks.

He won the State Title in the highest division in GA, running an offense similar to ours.

WDE!

• Like 1

On 1/11/2017 at 10:43 AM, Dixie1860 said:

Prediction: Malik becomes a serious factor at QB once stidham moves on.

The fact he was not heavily recruited doesn't bother me. 

Changing schools/positions can cause someone to slip through the cracks.

He won the State Title in the highest division in GA, running an offense similar to ours.

WDE!

Dixie:

They almost won the State Campionship but they did get beat by Grayson. They had the lead for most of the game though. Grayson is completely loaded.

8 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

In the clip in the article, IMO, he made the "wrong" throw.  If you watch, the #3 receiver is covered by the safety over him with the back side safety reading the QBs eyes and in perfect position to intercept the pass. He breaks on the ball well, just missed the pick. However, they are playing zone(4 playside/man backside)and the backer/Nickel on #2 chases him to the outside as the corner sinks to cover the rail. He should've picked up #1 at the mesh unless he and the corner had a combo call on, in which the corner should've taken #1. Either way, #1 is wide open with inside position on any defender that has a chance. It would be been the easier and safer pass. It worked out, but could be been a lot easier.

No matter, I'm excited about his competitiveness and his potential. I think he has a real chance to be special with the right coaching.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

In the clip in the article, IMO, he made the "wrong" throw.  If you watch, the #3 receiver is covered by the safety over him with the back side safety reading the QBs eyes and in perfect position to intercept the pass. He breaks on the ball well, just missed the pick. However, they are playing zone(4 playside/man backside)and the backer/Nickel on #2 chases him to the outside as the corner sinks to cover the rail. He should've picked up #1 at the mesh unless he and the corner had a combo call on, in which the corner should've taken #1. Either way, #1 is wide open with inside position on any defender that has a chance. It would've been the easier and safer pass. It worked out, but could be been a lot easier.

No matter, I'm excited about his competitiveness and his potential. I think he has a real chance to be special with the right coaching.

Solid analysis. I would be more than ok if Gus named you as our new OC.

1 minute ago, thaitopher said:

Only if I can bring Golf in as a GA

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

He specializes in defense...On the plus side he wouldn't be a yes man.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Only if I can bring Golf in as a GA

Why can't you and Golf swap  & then us and Bama can both have a drunk for Offensive COORDINATOR?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, AUMASTERS said:

Why can't you and Golf swap  & then us and Bama can both have a drunk for Offensive COORDINATOR?

really was that necessary.............................................

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AUMASTERS said:

:bow::bow::bow:

Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Nope but as Peanut would say, It was funny as crap.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I can't let Jeff have all of the fun.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah...I just watched his hilights again after hearing that he had only played QB for a little more than a year...Dayummmm!!  I think we have a real winner here.  He has great instincts and looks to be about as fast as Nick Marshall and can flat out change direction quick as a hiccup.  I also noticed how long his arms seem when he stiffarms a defender.  They can't seem to be able to grab him. And he is only like 185 lbs.  Imagine that at 210.  I believe we are actually going to be spoiled at that position for years to come.  Especially if we hold on to Joey G. and get ourselves young Mr. Nix...Look out!  Better days are ahead brethen...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

How many of you think Malik will be redshirted? I believe he will and I also believe Stidham will be our starting QB and I'm thinking Woody Barrett could be our backup.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

How many of you think Malik will be redshirted? I believe he will and I also believe Stidham will be our starting QB and I'm thinking Woody Barrett could be our backup.

Malik will redshirt. Stidham will be QB1, & Sean White will be the back up barring something unforeseen happening.

• Like 2

I guess part of the question should be "will Willis mature and be ready faster than Woody?", considering some of the reports about his work in the classroom (aren't i right about that?) or was it something else? Maybe somebody who knows the inside can answer that.

7 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

I guess part of the question should be "will Willis mature and be ready faster than Woody?", considering some of the reports about his work in the classroom (aren't i right about that?) or was it something else? Maybe somebody who knows the inside can answer that.

Woody is having issues adjusting to college life on and off the field. Never seen classroom specifically mentioned.

• 1 month later...