Big Cat OV weekend (Jan 19-22)

ellitor

This is already shaping up to be a huge weekend. Here are the expected OVs. The list is combined from AU 247 and AU Rivals. The list will be updates as more names become available or others cancel.

5* OT Calvin Ashley

4* LB TD Moultry

4* OT Austin Troxel

4* RB Alaric Williams

4* DE/DT Ryan Johnson

4* LB Tyler Taylor

3* WR Noah Igbinoghene

3* S Jordyn Peters

3* S Carlito Gonzalez

3* CB Traivon Leonard

3* HB Chase Lasater

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

E of the ones on this list so far who are not committed to us.

Which ones would be takes right now if they wanted to commit?

Which one do you think we are leading on at this time?

1 minute ago, AuburnNTexas said:

E of the ones on this list so far who are not committed to us.

Which ones would be takes right now if they wanted to commit?

Which one do you think we are leading on at this time?

1. All at the moment. 2. Johnson, Taylor, & Lasater IMO.

3 hours ago, Timeslider 6 said:

E, if we miss on Solomon who is the back ups for that position?

Alec Jackson or Ryan Johnson would then likely be the DT (down the line) for the class.

To this point no other uncommitted DT only targets after Solomon have been identified publicly at least.

Edited by ellitor

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 2:08 PM, ellitor said:

Alec Jackson or Ryan Johnson would then likely be the DT (down the line) for the class.

To this point no other uncommitted DT only targets after Solomon have been identified publicly at least.

Hey Ellitor, thanks for all of the updates! You always have great insight as to what is going on with recruiting.  I know in the past, we have had some big surprises come LOI Day. Do you have any possible recruits out there that could fit the bill?

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

Hey Ellitor, thanks for all of the updates! You always have great insight as to what is going on with recruiting.  I know in the past, we have had some big surprises come LOI Day. Do you have any possible recruits out there that could fit the bill?

If I did then they wouldn't be a surprise. lol

Tamorrian Terry is 1 to keep an eye on if he can qualify. He's arguably the best WR in the South & AU was the 2nd team in on him right after FSU. AU has a real shot though if he qualifies.

1/20 weekend is shaping up to be a big pep rally. A lot of the visitors are committed already and will be helping to recruit the others. I would imagine all these1/20 uncommitted visitors have committable offers and the committed guys are encouraging them to pull the trigger.  1/13 weekend is different.  TT, TJ, and whoever else probably have contingencies involved with their recruitment and a lot depends on what happens on 1/20.

Solomon is not coming to AU.

Johnson, Taylor, Lasater, and hopefully Parks are all takes. Parks is sorta just out there, I don't know his story.

The first three are all players IMO.

3 hours ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Parks ain't happening. He's rollin

Have you seen something new on him?

Edited by ellitor

Is anyone familiar with Poutasi Poutasi who is shown as a visit on 1/20/17, per 247 Sports.

Link

Was wrong. Found an article where KN reports he will visit this weekend.

Keith Niebuhr of 247Sports is reporting a Nevada offensive lineman with a legendary name Poutasi Poutasi will officially visit this weekend. I haven’t been able to confirm that. He doesn’t hold an offer and recently de-committed from Louisville. He originally had Auburn on schedule for Jan. 20. If that has in fact changed, I’ll update when I confirm.

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-official-visits-contact-period

Edited by aufan57

23 hours ago, ellitor said:

Just that he is visiting this weekend & does not have an offer.

Do you think there will be some additions/subtractions to the list once Gus names the new OC, assuming that's this weekend like I believe it will be?

Just now, ArgoEagle said:

Do you think there will be some additions/subtractions to the list once Gus names the new OC, assuming that's this weekend like I believe it will be?

Not E, but I doubt it.  It's a little late in the game for whoever we hire to bring in someone new with them, especially since there's no buzz that we are going after someone with ties to any of our targets... plus most of our key targets are on D. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

No. Most of the targets left are on D & will not be affected by a new OC.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

:hellyeah:

Thanks bird, E's post was informative, but this is just brilliance on your part.

Just now, ArgoEagle said:

Thanks bird, E's post was informative, but this is just brilliance on your part.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

No. Most of the targets left are on D & will not be affected by a new OC.

E, is your 1/20 OV list from Jan. 1 still pretty accurate as far as you know.  I guess changes would probably occur next Tues or Wed after everything settles down form 1/13 visits.

2 hours ago, autan said:

E, is your 1/20 OV list from Jan. 1 still pretty accurate as far as you know.  I guess changes would probably occur next Tues or Wed after everything settles down form 1/13 visits.

Think E updates his first post pretty often.