Big Cat OV weekend (Jan 19-22)

ellitor

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I know but that does not mean he's not visiting.

aka what will be known from here forward as the token Ben Davis official visit.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

aka what will be known from here forward as the token Ben Davis official visit.

Ben Davis was all class through his recruitment. Really good youngster.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Ben Davis was all class through his recruitment. Really good youngster.

I wish I could say that about the school he signed with.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

I know but that does not mean he's not visiting.

Ah I see what happened. I was referring to signing with, not visiting. He may visit, he's not coming to AU.

On 1/16/2017 at 5:39 PM, War to the Eagle said:

Regarding Devon Hunter: I know he's scheduled to visit this coming weekend, but he's also scheduled to commit Friday. Is the scheduled visit something that was set up prior to McGriff's move to Ole Miss? In other words, is that pretty much a "Who knows?" at this point?

Apparently Gus visited him in Virginia yesterday... making the last push.

Not saying if that it will happen but with Gus visiting Hunter and Gatewood yesterday, if Gatewood stays with us and Hunter comes with us will any of the Gus haters give him credit for that.

Just now, AuburnNTexas said:

Not saying if that it will happen but with Gus visiting Hunter and Gatewood yesterday, if Gatewood stays with us and Hunter comes with us will any of the Gus haters give him credit for that.

Probably not... E already said Gus's visit didn't do much on the Joey front.

Little things like getting love from the HC might not be big but if we get a good hire at OC just might help prove to him that Auburn is the right place.

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:
On 1/16/2017 at 5:39 PM, War to the Eagle said:

Regarding Devon Hunter: I know he's scheduled to visit this coming weekend, but he's also scheduled to commit Friday. Is the scheduled visit something that was set up prior to McGriff's move to Ole Miss? In other words, is that pretty much a "Who knows?" at this point?

Apparently Gus visited him in Virginia yesterday... making the last push.

And based on a Rival's tweet that @Maverick.AU just posted in Hunter's thread... it was a fail.

7 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

And based on a Rival's tweet that @Maverick.AU just posted in Hunter's thread... it was a fail.

Surprisingly does not mean we are out of it by any means.. Scout's 5* update from twitter was about Devon & let's just say...It's on like Donkey Kong!

I know this weekend is mostly about Defense, but we have at least 4 committed O players, and at least 1 uncommitted O player (Lasater, sp?) scheduled to be here.  

What effect, if any, will it have if we haven't hired an OC yet?

What effect, if any, will it have if we make a splash hire tomorrow morning?

Thanks in advance. 

12 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I know this weekend is mostly about Defense, but we have at least 4 committed O players, and at least 1 uncommitted O player (Lasater, sp?) scheduled to be here.  

What effect, if any, will it have if we haven't hired an OC yet?

What effect, if any, will it have if we make a splash hire tomorrow morning?

Thanks in advance. 

None. The O players are looked in & Philosophy likely isn't changing much with a new OC. If the WR Martin visits it may not affect him either because his sister is a world class swimmer. Whoever gets her between AU, UF, & Michigan likely gets Martin as the parents want them at the same college.

• Like 1

TD just stopped by the office on the way to AU for his OV. He was excited to go fishing, hang out with T-Will and is focused on recruiting Tyler Taylor, Ryan Johnson, and Devon Hunter (not sure he knew he wasn't coming). Made him promise to tell me any news on the OC front, lol.

Also, legit 6'-3" 230lb with a handshake that you better be ready for. Good kid, built like a tank! 

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

TD just stopped by the office on the way to AU for his OV. He was excited to go fishing, hang out with T-Will and is focused on recruiting Tyler Taylor, Ryan Johnson, and Devon Hunter (not sure he knew he wasn't coming). Made him promise to tell me any news on the OC front, lol.

Also, legit 6'-3" 230lb with a handshake that you better be ready for. Good kid, built like a tank! 

I love everything about him but in full honesty at Army All-Star check in 2 weeks ago they measured him at a bit below 6'1". I love his potential as a Rusher but it would be hard to do that off the edge in college at that height.

E, not to just be disagreeable but the height deal is way over rated. Carl Lawson is 6-2. Kevin Greene was 6-2. The Harrison guy for Pittsburgh that is playing at 38 is 6-1 maybe. TD has great hips, a quick step and a huge heart. sometimes lower to the ground is better. The old adage low man wins is still as applicable today as 30 years ago. Frankly we miss alot of good players worrying about their height. Centers over 6-2 are at a disadvantage blocking a nose anyway. The point, dont worry about TD being only 6-1 he will be fine.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I love everything about him but in full honesty at Army All-Star check in 2 weeks ago they measured him at a bit below 6'1". I love his potential as a Rusher but it would be hard to do that off the edge in college at that height.

I am 6', he is not. He has relatives 6'4" and 6'5", assume he is not done growing. 

22 minutes ago, auol72 said:

E, not to just be disagreeable but the height deal is way over rated. Carl Lawson is 6-2. Kevin Greene was 6-2. The Harrison guy for Pittsburgh that is playing at 38 is 6-1 maybe. TD has great hips, a quick step and a huge heart. sometimes lower to the ground is better. The old adage low man wins is still as applicable today as 30 years ago. Frankly we miss alot of good players worrying about their height. Centers over 6-2 are at a disadvantage blocking a nose anyway. The point, dont worry about TD being only 6-1 he will be fine.

Rush ends now-a-days you typically want taller than 6'0" The taller the end the longer the arms usually translates to tougher for OTs getting ther arms completly out on a rush end. Big difference between 6'0" & 6'2" for a rush end on the college & pro football worlds.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, auol72 said:

Yes, but just once I want a 6'3" safety

• Like 2

Just now, fredst said:

Oh well, fail on my part. Not sure why my pic of Kenny Easley looks like it didn't load?

your probaly to much of a GOOBER thats why................ :]

Just now, fredst said:

?

is that the resting greg brown goober face?!

• Like 1