Big Cat OV weekend (Jan 19-22)

ellitor

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No. Gus didn't show more than a passing interest. He wanted a running QB.

I generally like Gus but one of his biggest criticisms was that he didn't have a backup plan after SW went down and he should have prepared better for that possibility.  Welp, there you go. That was his missed opportunity which is totally on his shoulders. He could have averted a disaster by signing Webb, IMO.

Is Tyree Johnson coming in for the weekend? Odd lists of visits. Maryland, Michigan St., aTm and us. I got Maryland with him being from D.C. but a player rated as highly as him not visiting Ohio St, Michigan or Penn St. Are we just a free visit, or is there real interest there? He is committed to aTm, which visited last weekend. Is he friends with Calvin and that's why he is coming? I'll hang up now and listen in.

5 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

I generally like Gus but one of his biggest criticisms was that he didn't have a backup plan after SW went down and he should have prepared better for that possibility.  Welp, there you go. That was his missed opportunity which is totally on his shoulders. He could have averted a disaster by signing Webb, IMO.

I still would have taken Jerod Evans before Webb. Better fit for the the offense.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Is Tyree Johnson coming in for the weekend? Odd lists of visits. Maryland, Michigan St., aTm and us. I got Maryland with him being from D.C. but a player rated as highly as him not visiting Ohio St, Michigan or Penn St. Are we just a free visit, or is there real interest there? He is committed to aTm, which visited last weekend. Is he friends with Calvin and that's why he is coming? I'll hang up now and listen in.

He's not coming & has shut down his recruitment.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I still would have taken Jerod Evans before Webb. Better fit for the the offense.

Instead he pursued a guy that didn't even start for his JUCO team. 

14 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Instead he pursued a guy that didn't even start for his JUCO team. 

And the half he played that got his AU offer was only because QB1 was injured early in the 1st quarter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

Glad it's in the rear view mirror now. I feel good about 2017! 

If we can finish with Johnson, Taylor, & Bryant I will. Hunter would have made it a nearly complete class. We will need to get an impact safety in the 2018 class whether that be from high school or juco.

• Like 1

Given that Bryant's probably doubtful and Taylor may be too, how do we rate this class overall?

We hit the biggest needs (sans Hunter) if you figure needing a marquee QB, a great OL haul and a great LB haul. Very good,  if not great? Solid, but not elite?

5 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Given that Bryant's probably doubtful and Taylor may be too, how do we rate this class overall?

We hit the biggest needs (sans Hunter) if you figure needing a marquee QB, a great OL haul and a great LB haul. Very good,  if not great? Solid, but not elite?

Bryant is not doubtful yet. UGA may lead but they have to miss on other players to take him as they only a few spots left & more pressing needs than a rush end.

24 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I hope we can land Solomon, Poutasi, Johnson & Tanner.

Solomon dropped AU 3 weeks ago & Poutasi is not likely getting an AU offer.