Sugar Bowl Prediction

auburn4ever

I could see this game going either way. The way that I see it going our way that looks the easiest would be with clock chewing possessions (likely thanks to the run game). Oklahoma will score on us with their WRs and QB. If we limit the amount of times they have the ball (which in turn keeps our defense rested and theirs tired) and get a turnover or two, I think we've got it. 

If we can get the that done, Auburn 34-21

50 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

38 - 13 okie. JJ throws two pick sixes when Stoops stops AU's running game. 

You do know Sean White is starting at quarterback right?

On another note to everyone, is Byron Cowart playing today?  I read two contradicting articles.  One said he is out, the other says he is 100%.  I know this isn't the place to ask this, but I didn't want to start another thread just for this.  

After the great play calling debacles in the georgia and bammer games, I'll settle for a 1 point victory and head into next year with a better outlook on the 17 season. That uga game still stings........a lot.

29 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

You do know Sean White is starting at quarterback right?

On another note to everyone, is Byron Cowart playing today?  I read two contradicting articles.  One said he is out, the other says he is 100%.  I know this isn't the place to ask this, but I didn't want to start another thread just for this.  

White is no where near 100% so I predict we are going to see JJ early and often in the game tonight. 

And lol if you believe anything Gus says anymore. 

5 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

White is no where near 100% so I predict we are going to see JJ early and often in the game tonight. 

And lol if you believe anything Gus says anymore. 

In the practice videos from this week his throwing motions are complete and look good so yes I will trust Gus on it.  He also wouldn't have White interview either if you look at his history of who he lets interview.  I guess we shall see in a few hours.  I hope I am right though.  

There is a whole lot a difference in being behind the mic and producing on the field. A good example is Gus letting JJ get behind the mic during 2015 media days......sounds good interviewing, but on the field......... lets just say he left a whole lot to be desired. My confidence in Gus has been shaken a whole lot in what he has to say and about whom he speaks of.

12 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

In the practice videos from this week his throwing motions are complete and look good so yes I will trust Gus on it.  He also wouldn't have White interview either if you look at his history of who he lets interview.  I guess we shall see in a few hours.  I hope I am right though.  

4 minutes ago, cctiger said:

There is a whole lot a difference in being behind the mic and producing on the field. A good example is Gus letting JJ get behind the mic during 2015 media days......sounds good interviewing, but on the field......... lets just say he left a whole lot to be desired. My confidence in Gus has been shaken a whole lot in what he has to say and about whom he speaks of.

You make a good point, but that was not what we were talking about.  We were talking about the health of the player.  Sean White wouldn't have been interviewing if he was not healthy yet.  We were not talking about production at all.  

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

You make a good point, but that was not what we were talking about.  We were talking about the health of the player.  Sean White wouldn't have been interviewing if he was not healthy yet.  We were not talking about production at all.  

Don't be so sure of that. Gus often sees talking to the media as apart of a poker game. I could easily see Gus put Sean in front of the camera instructing him to say what Sean said for the sake of a bluff.

For this prediction, I will assume SW is good to go.  Obviously OU by a lot without good QB play from us. 

Auburn 38 - OU 29

The line has dropped from AU +3 to AU +2  and +1.5 in the past few hours. Heavy money coming in late on AU. Makes you wonder if suspensions/ injury announcements are coming for OU.

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Not sure what you gain by playing poker at this point. Obviously, that has not worked this year. Seems like white will be good to go. 

Most of Gus's press poker rarely has a point yet he still does it.

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I would respectfully disagree with that.  I am completely fine with him keeping his cards to his vest.  The press' job is to find dirt or to get anything they can out of these coaches and I bet the opposing team is also watching and I bet Gus' tactic works to some extent.  But I doubt he would do that with Sean White.  He has never let an injured player interview in the past, don't see why he would need to do that for this defense we will face.  Every reporter that has attended practice has said KP and SW look great and I agree when watching videos myself.  But I guess we shall see who plays.  

Now to your post before that, I hope we play Mixon and Westbrook so we can say we beat a full Oklahoma team.  I also want to beat both of them down because their abusive pasts make me mad to no end and I would love to introduce Mixon to Adams/Lawson and Westbrook to our physical secondary.  War Eagle!

37 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yeah, bluffing doesn't work if that's all you ever do

55 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Physical or mental, both will have an effect on production. I hope that you are right and White is 100%.And I hope that Gus KNOWS that White is 100% too. It has just got to the point that one doesn't quite know what to expect from Gus.

Hard to make a guess it could be a close win or blow out by either team, too many questions on the offensive side for Auburn. I will say this if qbs start rotating in and out every play, I will promptly turn over to celebrity apprentice for the premier of the Arnold Schwarzenegger.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

The line has dropped from AU +3 to AU +2  and +1.5 in the past few hours. Heavy money coming in late on AU. Makes you wonder if suspensions/ injury announcements are coming for OU.

Don't think so.... Just Saturday the line was oky-3. Just a coin flip game with good individual match ups 

15 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Don't think so.... Just Saturday the line was oky-3. Just a coin flip game with good individual match ups 

A point & a half is a pretty big line move on the day of a game.

Archived