2017 4* WR Oliver Martin

ellitor

19 minutes ago, metafour said:

Oliver is as comparable to Tony Stevens as he is to Will Hastings, dumba$$.

Just LMFAO @ comparing some 5'7 scrub to a ~6'0 kid and then claiming it has nothing to do with skin color.

Auburn's updated roster, 247, nothing says Hastings is 5'7. More like 5'10, 172 pounds.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, metafour said:

A 4.65 for a HS kid is not slow.

Duke was 4.72 as a grown-ass man who had spent how many years in a collegiate S&C program?

See the difference?

Duke was a grown ass man and was also taller, more physical, and had more weight. Makes a s*** ton of sense.

5 minutes ago, metafour said:

Oliver is as comparable to Tony Stevens as he is to Will Hastings, dumba$$.

Just LMFAO @ comparing some 5'7 scrub to a ~6'0 kid and then claiming it has nothing to do with skin color.  If Oliver were black with the exact same traits (same height, same reported speed, same tape) there would be zero chance in hell that you (or anyone else) would ever bring up Hastings' name in the same sentence.

Strong edit game!!! 

If Will Hastings is 5'10", then I just hit a MAD growth spurt because I stood next to him this year. I love finding out that I'm much taller than I thought!

Seriously though, I 5'11" or 6'0" and 190 lb. guy coming out of HS is not undersized by any measure for a WR. He'll be over 200 pounds before fall kickoff.

Honest comparison (recognizing that comps are almost always comparisons to really good/great players and represent an incoming player's ceiling), he reminds me of Josh Reed from LSU. Played WR at 5'10" and 210. Very quick in and out of breaks with great hands. He didn't have top end speed to really scare you as a deep threat. Went to the Combine and ran 4.54 and 4.65. If I'm comping Martin to someone that shows what kind of player he could be, that's my comp.

4.6 forty, 6ft, great route runner/possession receiver -- the comparison you guys missed is Emory Blake. Would be thrilled to have another one of those to complement the deep threats. 

26 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Strong edit game!!! 

Edit game? I added the part at the end.  If he were black, Hastings' name would N-E-V-E-R come up.  Ever.

5 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

If Will Hastings is 5'10", then I just hit a MAD growth spurt because I stood next to him this year. I love finding out that I'm much taller than I thought!

Despite Auburn doing height and weight every fall camp, there are many sites( including the official one) that are reporting Hastings height wrong by three inches plus but the sites that are reporting Oliver's height are on the money? 

Yeah, Okay ? 

Just now, Dunndone414 said:

4.6 forty, 6ft, great route runner/possession receiver -- the comparison you guys missed is Emory Blake. Would be thrilled to have another one of those to complement the deep threats. 

Emory Blake isn't white, bro.  We have to compare him to the only other white "receiver" on the team...who just so happens to be several inches shorter, nowhere near as physically built, and also nowhere near as skilled (seeing as how he was a walk-on Kicker and not an Army All American).

2 minutes ago, metafour said:

Edit game? I added the part at the end.  If he were black, Hastings' name would N-E-V-E-R come up.  Ever.

And that is your opinion, man. 

1 hour ago, metafour said:

Emory Blake isn't white, bro.  We have to compare him to the only other white "receiver" on the team...who just so happens to be several inches shorter, nowhere near as physically built, and also nowhere near as skilled (seeing as how he was a walk-on Kicker and not an Army All American).

Nobody accused Emory Blake of being a deep threat WR either. Wasn't that the whole discussion? I called Hastings and Oliver possession receivers and you got pissed. The following analysis is almost like they are describing your typical white receiver stereotype. But yeah, Emory would have been a good comparison although he was forgotten and we don't know about Oliver's run blocking skills...

+College football’s best route runner
+Awesome fundamentals
+Terrific run blocker that loves the game, son of Jeff Blake
+Tough
+Good hands
+Respectable size

Negatives:

-Neither quick nor fast, usually a death sentence for wide receivers
-Can’t create yards after the catch
-Occasionally traps passes against frame

Auburn wide receiver Emory Blake is a scrappy, lovable player. I think he is one of the most underrated prospects of the draft. He may lack a great physical skill set, but his on field intensity and incredible feel for the game give him a chance for success at the NFL level. The head fakes he uses in his routes are pretty much unfair and I haven’t seen a guy as intense a backside run blocker as a wide receiver since Eric Decker. The on field intensity is just awesome.

The one thing that seems to get over looked when recruiting WR 's is can they catch the damn ball!!!!That would be the first thing I would look at in a WR.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Meta & Jeff. Meta is King Arthur ofcourse...

giphy.gif

I am still waiting for Meta to admit that I owned him today and when he called Duke "the biggest bust in Auburn's history." I also have issue with Meta calling Hastings a scrub but I'll only touch on that and avoid derailing the pointless thread any longer.

Hastings leads the whole damn team in many agility drills and actually has a decent forty that is way better than Oliver's. Just because he had to walk on, doesn't mean he is a scrub. Let's not forget that a walk on QB just kicked our ass.

Take a note @metafour

7763124090067417.jpg

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Perfect!???

You would say that. You have liked every post that is contrary to me or my posts for many months now. If you or E( which is so butthurt that he blocked me on twitter) thinks I'm wrong, show me. Don't just throw your support behind an asshat like @metafour and pray that he will get the job done. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

You would say that. You have liked every post that is contrary to me or my posts.  If you or E( which is so butthurt that he blocked me on twitter) think I'm wrong, show me. Don't throw your support behind an asshat like @metafour.

Form a coherent argument that isn't biased or baseless and you might have some likes to. Until then, :nopityA:

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Form a coherent argument that isn't biased or baseless and you might have some likes to

Point out what is baseless other than many posters saying that Hastings is 5'7.

Use proper grammar and you might have some credibility "to." Keep the likes though. It's obviously worthless if you are in the lead. 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Point out what is baseless other than many posters saying that Hastings is 5'7.

Use proper grammar and you might have some credibility "to." Keep the likes though. It's obviously worthless if you are in the lead. 

Hahaha you pull out the grammar card. That's how you really can get to people. Good job, jeffy. Sorry for my autocorrect at least I changed it from "top" that it originally had it as. 

As far as you're baseless argument go's, Meta has already shown enough wholes in it. I don't kneed to dew the same two ewe.

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

He reminds me a lot of me, I'd say

Funny - I was just thinking to myself, "This kid sure reminds me of Barnacle".

Archived