Why does Musberger

TexasTiger

The guy has had a long career as a sportscaster with seemingly no knowledge of sports. On some level you have to admire that, lol. A pic of someone with a goat certainly helps.

When he went on his rant about defending Joe Mixon ... ... I had to mute the sound.  Watching AU get outplayed was bad enough and I just wasn't in the mood to hear his bloviating.  He should have retired with Verne. 

1 hour ago, AUloggerhead said:

When he went on his rant about defending Joe Mixon ... ... I had to mute the sound.  Watching AU get outplayed was bad enough and I just wasn't in the mood to hear his bloviating.  He should have retired with Verne. 

He must have been getting blasted on Twitter or something, but then to come on compound it by talking about 2nd chances, pfft.  Anyone of us would have been in jail if we hit a woman like that.  As far as I know, there was no criminal recourse, two years, after OU's cover up is discovered and the video comes out, THEN he apologizes. PLEASE!!  

3 hours ago, AUloggerhead said:

"Bloviating"....Nice. Vocab props to you  :cheers:

6 hours ago, AUloggerhead said:

He should have kept his mouth shut trying to defend that prick especially when the Auburn fans were chanting "You Hit Women"  espn should be ashamed

2 hours ago, hutchids said:

Guess I'm the only guy who likes him...

I'm actually with you.....mostly.  Normally he adds a Harry Carey-esque appeal to how he over-calls a game and it hearkens back to some old time announcers.

However....why he started the Mixon defense is a mystery.  That was a severe mistake as there's no defense for that guy even being allowed to suit up for a college football team.  You, me, the guy down the street would more than likely all STILL be in jail for that.

19 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

However....why he started the Mixon defense is a mystery.  That was a severe mistake as there's no defense for that guy even being allowed to suit up for a college football team.  You, me, the guy down the street would more than likely all STILL be in jail for that.

A reporter for USA Today, who also considers him a personal friend, is now calling for him to retire...
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/brennan/2017/01/04/brent-musburger-joe-mixon-sugar-bowl-espn/96162474/

22 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

A reporter for USA Today, who also considers him a personal friend, is now calling for him to retire...
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/brennan/2017/01/04/brent-musburger-joe-mixon-sugar-bowl-espn/96162474/

Yeah, I think it was perfectly acceptable for him to clarify his statements - i.e. calling domestic violence disgusting, but he should have left it there. Instead, he became noticeably defensive, raising his voice to the point of uncomfortableness, and ended up making things worse. 

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Yeah, I think it was perfectly acceptable for him to clarify his statements - i.e. calling domestic violence disgusting, but he should have left it there. Instead, he became noticeably defensive, raising his voice to the point of uncomfortableness, and ended up making things worse. 

He basically brushed hitting women under the rug like it was not a big deal at all, and made it sound like Mixon was the victim. It was probably the most disgusting thing I've personally heard come out of an announcer. I honestly can't believe ESPN hasn't already made a statement against him in an attempt to slow down the bad press.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

He basically brushed hitting women under the rug like it was not a big deal at all, and made it sound like Mixon was the victim. It was probably the most disgusting thing I've personally heard come out of an announcer. I honestly can't believe ESPN hasn't already made a statement against him in an attempt to slow down the bad press.

I agree that he made it sound as if Mixon was being victimized. 

Archived