Any ideas why we seem to put no effort in the return game?

boisnumber1

Drove me crazy all season to see KJ back there returning kicks. Same with Davis on punts. Its like the staff believes the return game doesnt matter so lets not even try. Personally I would have thought Ford & Stove should have been returning kicks. Nothing against KJ but him as a KR is a joke.

10 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

Drove me crazy all season to see KJ back there returning kicks. Same with Davis on punts. Its like the staff believes the return game doesnt matter so lets not even try. Personally I would have thought Ford & Stove should have been returning kicks. Nothing against KJ but him as a KR is a joke.

My guess is that KJ and Davis were the most reliable at actually catching the ball. I do wonder if a lack of rock star punter has exposed a weakness in Fountain's armor. When we had Clarke back there booting punts into the stratosphere, he didn't have to worry about coverage.  Now that we don't, it appears to be a glaring weakness.

We put plenty of emphasis on it.  Didnt you see that amazing kick off return for Auburn where we have 3 players who dont block and JF3 standing on the 15 pretending to hand the ball to thin air.  I mean Frank Beamer himself never could have thought of such an astoundingly successful kick return to the 20.

Archived