Just how I feel....

cole256

After that bowl game, I shouldn't see ANYBODY who is gung ho sticking up for Gus on this board questioning coaching or teaching or whatnot.....

If you can look at that and find the good don't try to have melt downs here, you'd just be showing how you didn't want this team to be successful from the get go

I was thinking today about how much my orange and blue soul needs the winter/spring sports to lift me up out of my college sports doldrums ... then I remembered all these sports consist of young college athletes ... who just happen to attend the same university I graduated from.  it reinforced that what I want most from these athletes is their best efforts they can give and a positive winning attitude.

this basketball team, so far, has had that.  I expect another gut wrencher or 2 like the Georgia game mixed with a bunch of good moments - perhaps a few great ones - before the season is over.

War Eagle!

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

After that bowl game, I shouldn't see ANYBODY who is gung ho sticking up for Gus on this board questioning coaching or teaching or whatnot.....

If you can look at that and find the good don't try to have melt downs here, you'd just be showing how you didn't want this team to be successful from the get go

Frankly, that is a BS comment.... Just a reminder that what we "want" or don't want has no impact on what happens on the floor or the field.    

We see what occurs,....and we compare it to what we think is possible or to  what we see other teams doing.  And if it's not being done, we have the right to comment....but that has absolutely nothing to do with how much we want AU teams to do well in whatever sport they are participating.   I see very few true AU fans who enjoy AU teams under-performing though we do have some who seem able to find ways to justify underperformance....JMO.

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

I'm not following you...

5 hours ago, AU64 said:

Frankly, that is a BS comment.... Just a reminder that what we "want" or don't want has no impact on what happens on the floor or the field.    

We see what occurs,....and we compare it to what we think is possible or to  what we see other teams doing.  And if it's not being done, we have the right to comment....but that has absolutely nothing to do with how much we want AU teams to do well in whatever sport they are participating.   I see very few true AU fans who enjoy AU teams under-performing though we do have some who seem able to find ways to justify underperformance....JMO.

Once again, if you have chastised people for questioning Gus while in fact things were going bad, you have no justification for suggesting pearl isn't doing a good job while he has the team trending up. Period. 

As far as what impacts....ok. Nobody suggested that it did.  But if that struck a nerve oh well. 

If you argued or pointed out a team is young and that's justification for under performance but with this team you'd evaluate mistakes as a sign of insubordination, you're full of it and have an agenda. It can't add up. Period

BP has improved AU basketball immensely, has malzahn improved football,other than 2013?.....in spite of the warts and farts, AU basketball is trending upward with a proven,established and successful coach, AU football, on the other hand......................?

17 hours ago, cole256 said:

Once again, if you have chastised people for questioning Gus while in fact things were going bad, you have no justification for suggesting pearl isn't doing a good job while he has the team trending up. Period. 

As far as what impacts....ok. Nobody suggested that it did.  But if that struck a nerve oh well. 

If you argued or pointed out a team is young and that's justification for under performance but with this team you'd evaluate mistakes as a sign of insubordination, you're full of it and have an agenda. It can't add up. Period

i still don;t get it.

Is this even a basketball discussion? forgive my confusion

Bruce has done a great job recruiting and the players he's bringing in are studs that being said.... I thought by season 3 Auburn would be a little more consistent than what I've seen this season.  The past two games don't look any better than the past two seasons.  The Vandy game was unwatchable from the start.  Maybe I'm expecting too much too soon from Bruce.

13 hours ago, kwren34 said:

@cole256 If Bruce Pearl was never hired at AU, where would this team be in regards to where they are now? 

Who knows? But I think it's safe to say the young talent that we are building from the bottom up wouldn't be here. 

I think with anybody else we'd be doing the patch work juco trying to build a team thing. 

The way pearl is doing it will take time but he is completely revamping the team. If people don't do the unreasonable ncaa thing too soon we'll see that. IMO

Archived