Opining all things Gus (Merged)

tigerbrotha12

Hot seat year in 2017. Should have an incredible amount of talent and coaching coming back next year. Had his proven DT QB. Has his special teams unit back. Has a proven defense. Has his star RB back. Get it done and stick around. If he doesn't get it done, #FireGus.

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been obvious that the program is not headed in the right direction. Defense showed improvement with Steele. We are putting alot of faith in Stidham..sucks to wait until next year to see how this all shakes up. 

We got embarrassed tonight and Auburn deserved better. 

I was ready for one more year, but now, after time to prepare and get healthy and coming out and looking the same?  I'm ready to make the change now.  I feel sorry for our players.  The coaching they are getting is ridiculous.

We should have been in the Citrus Bowl and LSU in the Sugar, they would have been a better choice....I honestly don't know where this program is at this time???

5 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Two positives:

1) Saban still hasn't beaten a 9 win Auburn team.

2) Urban Meyer has never beaten us.

We've only had two 9 win teams.  

1 minute ago, AU80cruiser said:

Excellent play call on that last play lol!!!

We started well and ended well, just need to fix the problems in the middle.

1 minute ago, tigerman1186 said:

We should have been in the Citrus Bowl and LSU in the Sugar, they would have been a better choice....I honestly don't know where this program is at this time???

Not sure anyone does.

6 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Two positives:

1) Saban still hasn't beaten a 9 win Auburn team.

2) Urban Meyer has never beaten us.

We've only 3 teams in the past 10 years that won at least 9 games. ?

@TitanTiger our offense was garbage against great teams. SW was benched against TAM and he wasn't even deemed worthy a starter against Clemson. SW is done at Auburn. Thank God.

Our six field goals against LSU isn't proof that our offense was rolling either. LSU was dejected at the time. Nice post just to lock the thread, slick. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

@TitanTiger our offense was garbage against great teams. SW was benched against TAM and he wasn't even deemed worthy a starter against Clemson. SW is done at Auburn. Thank God.

Our six field goals against LSU isn't proof that our offense was rolling either. LSU was dejected at the time. Nice post just to lock the thread, slick. 

Haha you are about to get killed 

3 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

8 of last 10 seasons with at least 4 losses. Average. Thats where this program is.  Without Cam and the miracles of 2013 we are basically average to mediocre. 

Just now, OnthePlains said:

8 of last 10 seasons with at least 4 losses. Average. Thats where this program is.  Without Cam and the miracles of 2013 we are basically average to mediocre. 

Sad but true. 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Its a pointless argument now jeff11... He and the others will go down like the band playing on the Titanic. Loyal to the bitter end. 

The offense has been crap against good defenses all season. The defense has gotten worse over the last 1/3 of the season. If you look at Steele as a DC over his career that's par for the course. Stidham better be the 2nd coming of Cam to save this thing.

I never liked malzahn from the beginning. Everybody said that Chizik meddled with his offense. Maybe Chiz saw something we didn't. Cam and Nick took his lemons and made lemonade.

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Our offense was garbage early because we were shuffling three QBs and running the pirouetting Cox Cat bull****.  When we settled on a QB, we moved the ball against LSU all night.  And the offense took off once Rhett took over play calling.  The only thing that stopped this offense was not a sudden rendezvous with good defenses again.  This offense came to a grinding halt the second Sean White got hurt at the end of the Ole Miss game.  Period.

And I didn't lock the thread, slick.  The game thread is always locked when the game is over.  Get your undies out of a wad.

I know I look like Capt. Obvious, but when it was 4th and less than 1 yard we should have gone for it....we just gave up a TD and now we turned it back over to them....thought this was the turning point of the game for us...

Archived