Sign in to follow this  
ellitor

AU attrition from 8/1/16-7/31/17

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

He was never on his bad side. 

Not a true story. He was in the dog house for part of the year.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not a true story. He was in the dog house for part of the year.

We have a no rumor policy around here. Link it or stick it.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Man, some thing you can just set your clock by. 

Hmmmm

this posted at 5:49 by my computer, 

mark

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

We have a no rumor policy around here. Link it or stick it.

Jason was in the dog house for his practice habits in Sept and early Oct.....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Jason was in the dog house for his practice habits in Sept and early Oct.....

If you say so.

It was discussed here extensively in a thread a couple months ago & that's the last statement I'm gonna make on the matter.

Its the first I've heard he had work ethic problems. It should be your last response unless you have a link.

Hope Jason stays but what else can he say if he is going through the spring.  If things don't work out in the spring I would not be surprised if he rethought his future.

On 1/6/2017 at 0:42 AM, aujeff11 said:

Its the first I've heard he had work ethic problems. It should be your last response unless you have a link.

He has also had issues getting down his routes as they moved his position around in the spring to make him more versatile.  I know that was said in one of Kodi Burns' interviews but I would prefer not to go look for it.  That would take forever.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2017 at 3:58 PM, ellitor said:

We are losing 15 SRs plus 1 walk on that got a scholly by my count for a total of 16

Scholarships can be a bit tricky to keep track of cuz walks ons sometimes get them but they do not automatically roll over to the next school year. There are 6 walk ons that got schollies this year that will be eligible next year. Since those schollies don't roll over they will be subtracted for now for the purpose of this discussion. Subtracting them as well as SRs and attrition from above we have 58 on scholarship for next season. If we enroll the full 25 in the 2017 class as planned plus Bro-Hamn on scholly & Manning enrolling plus forgot about Stephen Davis Jr. we will be at 85 which is the max # of scholarship players.

Edited the highlighted part.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

On 1/5/2017 at 11:42 PM, aujeff11 said:

Might as well realize that some fans fall in love with players, whether it be Will Hastings or Jason Smith. I too was biased in my analysis of JF3. However, he was not productive at his position for AU and I am emotionally stable enough in accepting that for the betterment of Auburn.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Might as well realize that some fans fall in love with players, whether it be Will Hastings or Jason Smith. I too was biased in my analysis of JF3. However, he was not productive at his position for AU and I am emotionally stable enough in accepting that for the betterment of Auburn.

That's how to admit someone is wrong without giving an actual admission. Well done!

• Like 4

Really curious who is "in love with" Jason Smith or Will Hastings. Saying that they have the talent to be useful, productive guys hardly qualifies as being "in love with" them- especially when one of them was useful and productive last year, and the other one was this year- and I haven't really heard anybody say much more than that about either. 

46 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Really curious who is "in love with" Jason Smith or Will Hastings. Saying that they have the talent to be useful, productive guys hardly qualifies as being "in love with" them- especially when one of them was useful and productive last year, and the other one was this year- and I haven't really heard anybody say much more than that about either. 

You are one of the main culprits since you want me to be direct. Quite frankly, I am not going to go back and forth with you about it in this thread. Bottomline, everyone has someone who they are fond of on this team (including me) from SW to JS. Let it go, if your favorite player doesn't do enough on or off the field to be an asset to AU and hope for the best next year. Instead, we have people who would rather have innuendos in a discussion.

Edited by DAG

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

You are one of the main culprits since you want me to be direct. Quite frankly, I am not going to go back and forth with you about it in this thread. Bottomline, everyone has someone who they are fond of on this team (including me) from SW to JS. Let it go, if your favorite player doesn't do enough on or off the field to be an asset to AU and hope for the best next year. Instead, we have people who would rather have innuendos in a discussion.

At the same time, there are a lot of people who just point out the value of every player and get accused of having a bias for said player.  I've never seen @McLoofus say anything about a player that wasn't true, nor have I seen him spin in order to lift up one player above another. Heck, I'm labeled as one of the biggest Sean homers around here, even though all I do is point out his actually statistics, but then when I praised John for being 2 for 2 on long balls and having a 15 yard per rush average earlier in the season, I got called out for that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

At the same time, there are a lot of people who just point out the value of every player and get accused of having a bias for said player.  I've never seen @McLoofus say anything about a player that wasn't true, nor have I seen him spin in order to lift up one player above another. Heck, I'm labeled as one of the biggest Sean homers around here, even though all I do is point out his actually statistics, but then when I praised John for being 2 for 2 on long balls and having a 15 yard per rush average earlier in the season, I got called out for that.

There is a segment who doesn't want to argue with arguments, but with people. And who take it personally any time someone disagrees with them. It's funny, you and I disagree more than we agree and yet we never seem to devolve into the childish name calling and such. 

• Like 2

Enough of this side show stuff. Let's stay focused on attrition & scholarship stuff.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Enough of this side show stuff. Let's stay focused on attrition & scholarship stuff.

Guilty, touche, agreed. 

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

There is a segment who doesn't want to argue with arguments, but with people. And who take it personally any time someone disagrees with them. It's funny, you and I disagree more than we agree and yet we never seem to devolve into the childish name calling and such. 

Unfortunately, if you look at all forms of communication, people like us are among the minority. The standard these days is name calling, shouting people down, changing the topic to fit their stance, accusations, and my least favorite, ad nauseam repeating of a talking point that has no validation.

You and I tend to go in waves... sometimes we totally agree and sometimes we're at odds, but we always respect each other's position. Neither one of us is afraid to admit we are wrong, either. That's why you, bird, 72, and a few others are the ones I look forward to chatting with most. Funny thing is, I think we're all around the same age, so that probably says something.

**Oops** sorry E.  I posted before I saw your post.

Edited by lionheartkc
  • Like 3

Anybody have thoughts on crowded position groups where we might see turnover, other than *QB?

*Leaving out QB, because I have a theory that you could put 100 football fans in a room, say "Quarterback, discuss" and lock the door behind you, and 1 hour later there would be one person left alive (at most). 

• Like 4

Just now, McLoofus said:

Anybody have thoughts on crowded position groups where we might see turnover, other than *QB?

*Leaving out QB, because I have a theory that you could put 100 football fans in a room, say "Quarterback, discuss" and lock the door behind you, and 1 hour later there would be one person left alive (at most). 

My best guess, and I can't name names... is that the rest of our attrition will be limited to those random players who realize that they are just in over there heads and likely to never see the field. With the potential for next year, anyone who has a shot at playing time is going to want to be a part of it. I was surprised to see Truitt bail, but the fact that he is very tight with Roc makes me wonder if he wasn't fed a steady diet of anti-Auburn/ "you'd get more respect elsewhere" negativity throughout the season.

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Yeah I take your analysis of that guy with a grain of salt , as you should take whatever analysis of aujeff or Cole has with me with that same grain of salt. We dont have to like each other, but have some admission as a man when you are wrong. This is not being directed specifically to you.  Naturally you are going to gravitate to other posters more than others. 

Sorry E. Back to regular schedule programming.

Attrition 

On 1/6/2017 at 0:42 AM, aujeff11 said:

When are you going to STFU? Dude, i don't know if you have pics of RIR, TT, or WT, but you are NOT The Po-Po!!

Go exercise or something...I can show some pics of exercises if needed! :timeout: