Sign in to follow this  
ellitor

AU attrition from 8/1/16-7/31/17

On 1/5/2017 at 4:37 PM, aujeff11 said:

We have a no rumor policy around here. Link it or stick it.

What about the rumor that JFIII was a good QB? I think you had something to do with that.

Again...

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Enough of this side show stuff. Let's stay focused on attrition & scholarship numbers.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Again...

This reminds me since we actually brought his name up. You have any idea on the scholarship outlook for Hastings?

35 minutes ago, DAG said:

This reminds me since we actually brought his name up. You have any idea on the scholarship outlook for Hastings?

I don't project scholly outlooks. He was a walk on this season.

2 hours ago, Dixie1860 said:

When are you going to STFU? Dude, i don't know if you have pics of RIR, TT, or WT, but you are NOT The Po-Po!!

Go exercise or something...I can show some pics of exercises if needed! :timeout:

Haha. This is hilarious. Y'all try so hard...

2 hours ago, Dixie1860 said:

What about the rumor that JFIII was a good QB? I think you had something to do with that.

I never projected JF3 as a good QB this season. Perma-ban bet on it? If you can't find it, ban yourself or vice versa.

4 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

My best guess, and I can't name names... is that the rest of our attrition will be limited to those random players who realize that they are just in over there heads and likely to never see the field. With the potential for next year, anyone who has a shot at playing time is going to want to be a part of it. I was surprised to see Truitt bail, but the fact that he is very tight with Roc makes me wonder if he wasn't fed a steady diet of anti-Auburn/ "you'd get more respect elsewhere" negativity throughout the season.

I'm actually disappointed with Truitt - well, not him personally but his decision to leave. I think he earned enough respect this season that he could've had a regular role in the offense next season. I liked his running style. He appeared more physical than KJ at times. I think his only negative was just his size. He was definitely willing to get out there and go hard!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Linayus said:

I'm actually disappointed with Truitt - well, not him personally but his decision to leave. I think he earned enough respect this season that he could've had a regular role in the offense next season. 

5 touches in the last 5 games of the season, most of which we endured pathetic offensive performances and really could've used a spark. He made the right decision. 

• Like 5

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 3:30 PM, McLoofus said:

5 touches in the last 5 games of the season, most of which we endured pathetic offensive performances and really could've used a spark. He made the right decision. 

If I remember correctly, he got hurt on his first carry in the Georgia game. Not sure how much of a role that played in the games following.

I can't fault him for leaving. I really can't. But if he wanted to focus on being a receiver and we were using him as a jack of all trades, he likely made the smart choice.

3 minutes ago, Linayus said:

If I remember correctly, he got hurt on his first carry in the Georgia game. Not sure how much of a role that played in the games following.

Did he? Man. The last few games are kind of a sad blur for me. You may be right, I may be crazy...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Linayus said:

But if he wanted to focus on being a receiver and we were using him as a jack of all trades, he likely made the smart choice.

If he's wanting to focus on being a receiver, then he definitely made he right move. We have a stable of pure receivers in front of him who will make it very hard to crack the rotation. Now, if he wanted to be a back, he might actually get somewhere.

• Like 1

So for comparison sake, can someone give the attrition in turd town over the same time period?  Cuz it looks like 5*'s are jumping ship left & right over there.

15 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

So for comparison sake, can someone give the attrition in turd town over the same time period?  Cuz it looks like 5*'s are jumping ship left & right over there.

Nope. Those guys aren't worth the hours and effort to figure it all out. Being AU fans it's much easier & less time consuming since it's already being followed.

47 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Nope. Those guys aren't worth the hours and effort to figure it all out. Being AU fans it's much easier & less time consuming since it's already being followed.

I understand and agree.  My point is that people are making such a big deal about the attrition at AU yet it happens at every college.  Yes we are losing good players but so do a lot of schools.  The ship is not sinking.  Kids leave from all schools because of many reasons.  It is just insane that people use such things as "proof" that the ship is sinking.  People need to get over themself and realize these are young men just starting life and they are struggling to figure out who they are and what their future holds (as most people do).  

Best of luck to all of those who have come and worked hard for AU.

• Like 2

On 1/5/2017 at 4:29 PM, McLoofus said:

Glad to hear Jason is staying. I hope he stays on Gus's good side and gets on the field. Maybe another guy who could be returning kicks effectively in addition to catching balls. 

or playing quarterback. who knows

• Like 1

3 more scholly attritions brings the total to 8.

Cam Toney

Deon Mix

Markell Boston

Stephen Davis Jr doesn't count as he was not on scholly.

Tyler Queen added to the OP. That's 9 for this cycle.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

That is a lot of attrition from 8/1/16 to 7/31/17.

Not really. 7-11 is the average as Mikey pointed out.

16 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not really. 7-11 is the average as Mikey pointed out.

You know we'll have more after spring/before August.

7 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

You know we'll have more after spring/before August.

Probably not much though. The staff is planning to sign only 18-22 in this next class so that tells me they don't expect much more attrition in this cycle.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

We still sitting at 9 total?  Haven't seen anyone leave since spring practice have we?  Better than last year if we can maintain it.

On 3/1/2017 at 11:03 AM, ellitor said:

3 more scholly attritions brings the total to 8.

Cam Toney

Deon Mix

Markell Boston

Stephen Davis Jr doesn't count as he was not on scholly.

I didn't know about Cam Tony leaving. I wish him well, no matter where he ends up.

21 hours ago, oracle79 said:

We still sitting at 9 total?  Haven't seen anyone leave since spring practice have we?  Better than last year if we can maintain it.

Tyler Queen was the 9th. Normally, if there are more that drop out, it will be right after this current class term ends, and maybe one or two soon after fall camp starts. Should someone get booted for "conduct unbecoming", that could happen at any time.

Wouldn't it make sense to pin this topic?

On 4/23/2017 at 7:41 AM, Mikey said:

Normally, if there are more that drop out, it will be right after this current class term ends

Like a prophet.

• Like 1